Back to School

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I dropped out of college twice; the first time when I was 20 and then again at 25. I only started going to "get a good job and make good money".

On my list of goals, today I wrote finish school. I don't know how many credits I am short of the business degree I was working towards. That's all insignificant at this point. I WILL NOT take another accounting class or quantitative reasoning or anything that I could use in the practical world to make money.

I don't want to study anything that's "lucrative". I want to learn for the sake of learning. I want to expand my scope of the world. AND, I want a fukking piece of paper to hang on the wall that says I did it.

I know that last part is dumb and that through the internet I have access to all the worlds information for much less than college costs. I have dreams about school quite often. There is unfinished business there for me. I think that for me to be at peace with myself it needs to be done.

So, pretty soon ole DL is going to be on his way to a degree in history or literature or some such rubbish that will undoubtedly never come close to yielding any sort of ROI.

Reaction score
Good for you man. I really loved being in college. I liked the interesting elective classes, all the hot girls, learning new things.

My college degrees never ended up being my main occupation for making money, but they enriched my life significantly. They also helped me land jobs at times and get paid more as well.

I have no regrets about higher education.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Good for you brother! I enjoyed college and have no regrets.. do what makes you happy!!

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Are you going for the entire frat experience, live in a shitty small dorm room with 2 other people? Be the cool one that buys all the kids booze

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
I dropped out of college twice; the first time when I was 20 and then again at 25. I only started going to "get a good job and make good money".

On my list of goals, today I wrote finish school. I don't know how many credits I am short of the business degree I was working towards. That's all insignificant at this point. I WILL NOT take another accounting class or quantitative reasoning or anything that I could use in the practical world to make money.

I don't want to study anything that's "lucrative". I want to learn for the sake of learning. I want to expand my scope of the world. AND, I want a fukking piece of paper to hang on the wall that says I did it.

I know that last part is dumb and that through the internet I have access to all the worlds information for much less than college costs. I have dreams about school quite often. There is unfinished business there for me. I think that for me to be at peace with myself it needs to be done.

So, pretty soon ole DL is going to be on his way to a degree in history or literature or some such rubbish that will undoubtedly never come close to yielding any sort of ROI.

I think it’s a great idea it’s never too late to learn anything. Good luck with your studies.

Gabriel

Reaction score
That's awesome DL..I have 2 yrs I worked on an Engineering degree..but never finished..I had to play the single parent thing..I never regret my decision but would love to go back and finish but that might have to wait for now..

The longer you wait to go back the harder it is..

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Best thing I did was go back and get my degree. Had to do it on my time when I was ready.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with going back to school. And you're NEVER to old. I decided to change careers so I'm back in school. Many told me I was to old to pursue what I'm going for. I wouldn't do well. I couldn't retain the information. They were ALL wrong.

I say DO IT! I would encourage to wait till the fall seeing as where you are classes will be either online or in person in the fall. This is why I took this semester off. I prefer the face-to-face in person classes. I learn better that way. If you don't mind being online then don't wait but if you're old school like me... then wait till fall.

I'd also say going back when you're older is actually easier. You're there to learn and not chase ass. You can focus, you're dedicated to the task, and you're discipline will carry over to this as well.

Last edited:

New Threads