“Help I can’t grow muscle!!!!”

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah, for sure your training and nutrition has to match the goal or you end up in limbo land making zero ****ing progress. I know that first hand unfortunately. Live and learn.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Yeah, for sure your training and nutrition has to match the goal or you end up in limbo land making zero ****ing progress. I know that first hand unfortunately. Live and learn.
I agree, but beginners get way too hooked up on supplements. All a beginner needs is a multi vitamin, if that.

Then get some creatine and caffeine tabs if you are serious. These kids are blowing big bucks on instagram sugar powder like Rich Pianas dumb crap. Yet they dont take any vitamins, only these "supps"

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
But the speed of gains is fast when starting, I gained 40 lbs in 6 months, with bf going down.

Steroids dont do shit if you dont eat, drink, and sleep enough. People just want results now, like all the infomercials

so what if a guy did exactly the same eating lifting & sleeping as usual ?

he wouldnt make gains faster on the steroids ?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In nearly all cases when I've been approached by someone and asked "How did ye get so big?" and why they can't, it comes down to diet.

I always start by asking the bloke if he knows his TDEE (then I explain what TDEE is). Negative, Ghost Rider.

Then I'll ask if he knows how many calories he's taking in each day and roughly how they break out into carbs, fat and protein. Negative, again.

I then tell 'em how much I eat and how I split it out, talk about the importance of a caloric surplus and try to turn 'em on to MyFitnessPal to get 'em started.

Wish someone had done the same fer me when I was about 16 yrs old.

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Yeah, I continue to fail because I keep trying to Max on bench. I’m nervous about my first powerlifting meet and have spent the past two weeks trying out new one-rep maxes.

while I’ve learned I had much more in the tank for deadlifts, I need to chill and work on bench differently. My bench is proportionately way weaker.

what schemes for sets, reps, and movements do people do to help out their chest?

im 195lbs, currently hitting 240 on bench, 395 on squat; and 455 on deadlift. I can hit 190 on overhead.

I do paused bench; incline and decline bench, incline dumb bells, and cable cross overs.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I continue to fail because I keep trying to Max on bench. I’m nervous about my first powerlifting meet and have spent the past two weeks trying out new one-rep maxes.

while I’ve learned I had much more in the tank for deadlifts, I need to chill and work on bench differently. My bench is proportionately way weaker.

what schemes for sets, reps, and movements do people do to help out their chest?

im 195lbs, currently hitting 240 on bench, 395 on squat; and 455 on deadlift. I can hit 190 on overhead.

I do paused bench; incline and decline bench, incline dumb bells, and cable cross overs.

Forum Brothers DieYoungStrong and BrotherIron may be good resources for ye on how to improve yer comp bench.

New Threads