Equipoise in my middle age

Reaction score
45 years old. 6' 2". Dropped from 250 lbs to 210 last year and decided to try to get back to the younger version of myself. I ran a Deca and Test cycle last spring. It was great. My joints never felt better and I was tightening up and getting some nice shape. My supplier had some issues and I had to quit after 8 weeks. Lesson learned on being prepared before starting the cycle. After taking 3 months off, I'm now 12 weeks into a 16 week run of 600EQ and 600Test plus Anastrozole. I actually bumped my EQ up to 900 last week because I haven't seen the progress I expected this far into the cycle. My diet is good. I track Macros and have bumped them up since starting. Maybe its my age or not staggering my muscle group workouts enough but I have been sore and aching something terrible for several weeks. I'm thinking about stopping now and possibly going back to Deca later this summer.

I have read several posts on here over the last few months saying that some people love EQ and some hate it. Some show good results and some don't. I'm wondering if my old body with EQ is the problem.

Couple of questions.
Is this common with EQ? At my age?
Unrelated to the pain, but should I have bumped my Test up also to be the same as the EQ?
Any other suggestions?

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I ran EQ a few times in my 40's w great results
Test,tren,eq was my thing then!

Gabriel

Reaction score
At 40,it was great
At 50,not so much..have to consider other factors as you age other than the compound..
BP....RBC...volume of shots(scar tissue)

For me I stopped at week 10..saw nothing but higher BP..even for a mild PED it's still#2 for raising RBC..

best to stay on the safe side over 40..

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Watch your RBC and hematocrits

Blood pressure, RBC, and hematocrit all went up the last time I ran it at 250 mg per week at the age of 45 EDIT: I also ran testosterone at my TRT dose. I wouldn't run EQ again, especially now that I have a prescription for Anavar.

midevil

Elite
Reaction score
At 40,it was great
At 50,not so much..have to consider other factors as you age other than the compound..
BP....RBC...volume of shots(scar tissue)

For me I stopped at week 10..saw nothing but higher BP..even for a mild PED it's still#2 for raising RBC..

best to stay on the safe side over 40..
i used it many times and eventually gave it up for the reasons you mention.

Dry slow quality muscle growth is my assessment and experience with EQ.

Deca dick kicks my ass So EQ was option 2

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Watch your RBC and hematocrits

x2, this. Big EQ fan here. Very useful fer combat sports when yer looking to stay within a given weight class (EQ IME builds lean tissue).

I rotate an EQ blast into my planning usually once a year. 400-600mg per week, usually fer 12-14 weeks.

Reaction score
Amazing increase in stamina. The RBC increase please monitor it can creep up on doses over 1000ng

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
It is hard to make an accurate assessment based on what you wrote..cutting 40lbs in a year/running a spring cyce on deca? i would need current pics..to see what that actually looks like on you.

Certainly there is no need to increase Test just because you increased the Eq a bit..i always felt it was best to keep my Eq 50-70% higher than the Test to keep the androgen load to a minimum especially in the off season. Also, what kind source runs out of something as basic as Test or Deca? and hell, im sure a couple bothers would help you in a pinch..
anyway, your "old body" should definitely not be the problem in terms of muscle gains and the effects of Eq in general (nice gains, quick increase in vascularity and pumps, drier than deca as well) but as far as joints go, every lifter has to deal with this (be it using more machines, longer warm-ups, and running LD deca nearly yr round for experience guys)..

RBC count isnt something physicians really use to assess pathology except for certain types of Anemia (low) or cancers (low or high)..and there is a limit to how high your count and hemoglobin will rise..my Hb was 14.6 on LD test/deca last yr (just as a reference) and since starting 1200mg Eq/wk ive started a baby asprin (81mg) as platelets are the initial key activator of the clotting cascade in hematology. So even if it jumped to 15.5 im not concerned. (side note: a 10ml 250-300mg vial should be no more 65bucks, dont get ripped by a local dealer).

lastly, no reason you cant add 300mg of Deca to the mix to really help joint inflammation, eq can stay the same or reduce equal amount if you want to keep doses lower. Test no change.
hope that helps you a bit,
MuscleMedMD

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and info MD. My source didn't run out of Deca, he got arrested. I'm in my last week with EQ. I'll be on my TRT until June or so. I may just run Deca/Test unless I see something that sounds better by then.

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
Trt Test from the pharmacy? If you are used to US pharma Test it makes it easier to gauge the quality of the Eq you are running based on response/results...
You have plenty of options..Sure Test/Deca, and for those too Sensitive to Nors, run it at 300-400 and make up the anabolic difference with Eq as stated above.
If you need anything just ask farmer sir.
Best, M3

New Threads