Reverse deadlifts

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Does anyone do reverse
Deads anymore?

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I do but please define them what they are to you and I will explain what they are to me.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Is that where the weight is on the ground but instead of pulling it up off the ground you push it down into hell?

I do RDL's and occasionally SLDL's. Idk what you mean by reverse deads though

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Is that where the weight is on the ground but instead of pulling it up off the ground you push it down into hell?

I do RDL's and occasionally SLDL's. Idk what you mean by reverse deads though

My definition of RDL is where the barbel & weight are on ground and using the squat rack horizontal side guard bars to keep the weight from being lifted and holding it out similar to a Romanian DL but holding the bar and weight up against the side bars for about 10-15 seconds. This helps you POWER your regular Romanian DL.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Barbell hack squat?

That would be my guess. Long before there were machines to do everything, a professional Strongman and Wrestling champion named George Hackenschmidt popularized these. Standing in front of the barbell, he would squat, reach back, grip the bar behind his legs, and lift.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As CJ and Raw stated, its the old school barbell hack squat. Not an easy movement but effective. Would be good for you home gym guys to try

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
My definition of RDL is where the barbel & weight are on ground and using the squat rack horizontal side guard bars to keep the weight from being lifted and holding it out similar to a Romanian DL but holding the bar and weight up against the side bars for about 10-15 seconds. This helps you POWER your regular Romanian DL.

I didn't understand that either.. might just be one of those days fluffē me lol

When I refer to rdl, I'm speaking of Romanians

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I'm trying not to over-analyze at the expense maybe of under-analyzing (this has nothing to do with sex, btw), but I always think of RDLs as semi-stiff-legged deadlifts. I guess RDLs might lend themselves to that other thing, however, depending on what kind of gym you go to.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Are you talking barbell hack squats or Romanian Deadlifts?

Romanian and Reverse hack squat are 2 different exercises. I might be an old timer but not old. They had hack squat machines when I started working out.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
I’ve seen old school guys, when I started BB, doing those. I always thought them awkward.

Theres a bar at my gym tht is basically an Olympic bar ,
But is sorta bent in the middle like bicycle handlebars,
Not sure the proper name for it?
But it helps at the top of the movement,
Not to catch on your ass!
I was locked up w a guy who only did squats,deadlifts and bench and would rep 455 on them!
Had the biggest hamstrings ever!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Theres a bar at my gym tht is basically an Olympic bar ,
But is sorta bent in the middle like bicycle handlebars,
Not sure the proper name for it?

Cambered bar

Reaction score
I used to do BB hack squats but they were awkward as hell. New gym has a hack squat so that's me now. Just got a SSB too and that thing is pretty nice.

New Threads