Aspirating blood and injecting it

Reaction score
I’ve always done an aspiration, no matter where I pin. Pulling back on the plunge for about one second, if in a vein, it’s always immediate.
But I had a question.
While pinning today, I hit a vein. Pulled out, changed needle and noticed a big glob of blood inside my oil.. well I’m not gonna waste it... so it settled to the bottom and I hit a new spot, aspirated and slammed the whole thing.
I mean, it’s my blood.. is this dangerous?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yer fine, Mate. Like said, a bruise perhaps but nothing that will hurt ye.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
No in a process called apoptosis a dead cell will be destroyed and its materials recycled by white blood cells. It will make no difference.

I wouldnt wait a long period because sepsis or any infection is a risk. I dont know if the closed environment of a syringe counteracts that.

Reaction score
Thanks brothers. I appreciate your ease of my mind. My wife’s brother claims he gave himself hep c from his own used needle. Whole different ballgame and a whole different context of course. But I wanted to be sure.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Thanks brothers. I appreciate your ease of my mind. My wife’s brother claims he gave himself hep c from his own used needle. Whole different ballgame and a whole different context of course. But I wanted to be sure.
Unless he was born with it, he couldnt have gave himself it. Unless he found a bucket of bloody homeless crap and used it to lubricate the needle.

Its a closed circle, a chicken farm wont have a ostrich hatch from an egg.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I was told by a nursing student that in nursing school they do not even teach aspiration anymore

Reaction score
Yes, I understand there’s no major arts in my delts which is where I always hit, but it’s just a habit I developed from cycling tren.
bros, can’t you get test flu from hitting a vein? Maybe that’s bro science. Never seen any data, just heard that before. Kinda like tren cough, but with test. Apparently it’s immediate almost and it sets in with palpitations, fever and sweats.

Reaction score
bros, can’t you get test flu from itting a vein? Maybe that’s bro science. Never seen any data, just heard that before. Kinda like tren cough, but with test. Apparently it’s immediate almost and it sets in with palpitations, fever and sweats.

I was hesitant to post this because I don't want to feed into bro science, but something like this happened to me when I pinned test once. I just started sweating profusely and heart was pounding. I had posted a thread about it:

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/33723-Hit-a-vein-injecting-test?highlight=hit+vein

But if you read down some of the responses, Robdjents mentioned a vasovagal response, and to be honest I think that was more likely what happened. It's kind of like a mini panic attack / freakout that manifests itself like that.

I think my wife had walked past me while I was pinning, and it made me nervous or something. But who knows, maybe I did mainline a little test?!?

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
hate to be a stickler but a dead cell cant undergo apoptosis; it must be alive for a cell to go through all the enzymatic steps which eventually leads to a porous cell membrane and lysis, it must sense external signals leading to this internal cascade...after which Machrophages (a big WBC) will process the rest.
Also, Sepsis is not a concern at all, and waiting makes zero difference here... so no worries:)

The only thing of concern, is the clotted RBCs in the sterile oil possibly clogging the needle during the shot...27g and smaller it becomes more likely of course.
Best,
MuscleMedMD

Hep B or C, from his own needle?? come on..seriously.

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
I was told by a nursing student that in nursing school they do not even teach aspiration anymore

Depends on the school and instructor..
while teaching young doctors, i always demonstrated it just to cover myself so no one goes to the director with some research paper saying how it 'best clinical practice' etc. etc.

i do it with patients, I dont with myself..
goodluck,
M3

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Im new to this but if you injected the test into a vein unknowingly, what would happen? I get paranoid when i eventually try this.. What if im somehow not in the.muscle the right way and i inject?

Thanks

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I don't bother aspirating... Just makes it easy to move the needle and bruise things up in the muscle. Then again, I also inject using slin pins in delts, traps, pecs, lats, and triceps. Absorption is just as good as longer needles, I don't have to worry much about veins or hitting nerves, and I don't have to deal with any lasting scar tissue from hitting injection sites with large needles moving around inside me.

If you hit a vein, then it will just collapse upon injection due to getting irritated/inflamed by the steroid and solvents. Its the bodies way of protecting itself. In truth, it's actually difficult to seriously hurt yourself by injecting into a vein while doing intramuscular shots.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Oh thats fine just didnt want to start convulsing or drop dead ha thx.