What are you reading?

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Impressive list thus far.

My wife loves Murakami, reread lord of the flies a couple years back (sucks for your asmar), The Stand is my favorite book (unabridged version, Happy Crappy), Ove is one funny curmudgeon, read 1984 for the first time last year, and I enjoy reading the Bible.

You all aren’t as dumb as I look.

I have to reciprocate; you sound even more well read than myself. “Ove” was great.

I also completed reading The Bible last year as a spiritual discipline: a few chapters a night. Chronicles was a slog, but I learned more from Leviticus and Deuteronomy than expected.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Never have read Murakami; I'll have to check him out. I will absolutely have em read Lord of the Flies again soon; it's been decades.Thanks for the reminder!
Impressive list thus far.

My wife loves Murakami, reread lord of the flies a couple years back (sucks for your asmar), The Stand is my favorite book (unabridged version, Happy Crappy), Ove is one funny curmudgeon, read 1984 for the first time last year, and I enjoy reading the Bible.

You all aren’t as dumb as I look.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Ballistics charts and calculus books...

I’m not gifted in math. But you don’t need calculus for ballistics, do you?

Are you making your own ammo or what’s the end to these scientific endeavors?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I’m not gifted in math. But you don’t need calculus for ballistics, do you?

Are you making your own ammo or what’s the end to these scientific endeavors?

Some yea but more trigonometry...im not gifted either im like 80 parts into a 150 part youtube long range shooting class

Yes making own ammo as well...end goal is to hit a 6x6 inch plate at 1000 yards...just because

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Some yea but more trigonometry...im not gifted either im like 80 parts into a 150 part youtube long range shooting class

Yes making own ammo as well...end goal is to hit a 6x6 inch plate at 1000 yards...just because

“The FBI would like to know your location.”

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've read a book but I enjoy science fiction. William gibson, Isaac asimov, Philip k dick etc

John carter of mars is a pretty awesome book. 1984,the stand, imajica, swan song...

Kraken

Reaction score
Sadly, my work schedule has kept me to mostly reading technical articles. When I have time, the Gabriel Allon Series (Daniel Silva), Jack Reacher (Lee Child), stuff like that. My favorite all time book thus far, is Catch 22.

midevil

Elite
Reaction score
I spend mostly all day on my computer at work. When I leave the last thing I wanna do is read. Unlike earlier in my life I read a lot .

When I'm chilling I'm on YouTube streaming ... mostly documentaries / music / guitar / rustic camping vids. Can't sit thought TV shows / movies.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
If you havent read it yet, Id highly recommend Michael Pollan’s book “how to change your mind”

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If you havent read it yet, Id highly recommend Michael Pollan’s book “how to change your mind”

Excellent book. If you’re into chemical mind expansion or not, it’s fascinating and potentially helpful.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Dan Jones Crusaders and re reading Aurelius Meditations

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Aurelius Meditations

Every morning. I’m continually reading through it. I’ll need another copy soon. Probably should invest in a hardcover.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Sales Differentiation by Lee Salz and Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink are the last two books I’ve read. Unfortunately most of my reading is for work and my downtime is me reading fitness related stuff or playing with my kids. I used to read a lot but I honestly just don’t make time for it. My kids are at that age where I’m busy af. Lame excuse I know.

New Threads