Higher dose of Test For the 40 somethings

Reaction score
for dudes in their 40s and older , like me, I'm assuming most are on test year round. I am wondering if any of you have found a sweet spot for test dosing during blast. [I stay on min 200mg week, cruise, blast dose ive tried 500 and 750 for test]

So my question is , have any of you found that during blast you would need a higher dose of test than in younger years to make gains? With the body being older and harder to gain,
Is there a sweet spot any if you have found

Hope this makes sense

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Never go over 200mg of test let other compounds do the work

Reaction score
I’m not 40 something I’m only 33.
Test only cycles have really grown on me ;) I like them. Sometimes, I just like to take a break from all the different compounds and run a low dose test cycle. I enjoy sus for this one
E3D 1/2c Sus300 + 1/2c Cyp. It puts me right around 550 every 6 days. I don’t run test only for long, maybe 6 weeks before I throw in something else to finish it off. Between 12-20 weeks depending what I’m trying to do.
my sweet spot for maintaining, not gain, just keeping everything I’ve worked for without losing an oz of my gains, is between 250-300 a week. Cant stay there tho.. keep monitor on bloods and organ functions if you do. We only get one body my dude.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I generally follow this rule of thumb as well.

Unless my cycle is circled around the test, then I'll go high on test with masteron or primo to make better use of the extra test...like pinning long esters daily (cuts down on volume, much easier to pin 1.5cc daily than 5+cc twice a week). 300mg test e with 100mg mast e daily.

That said I can do just fine using 200mg of test or just a little over.

Reaction score

Interesting. Not saying I disagree either. However I've seen some sources say that higher test increases efficacy of the additional compounds. So basically higher test with lower dosing of add on compounds. You find that its good keeping test at 200 and stacking the other compounds higher ? I'm intrigued for sure.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
i get less sides that way even on 600mg tren added, everyone will be different each way wont work same for everyone.

Interesting. Not saying I disagree either. However I've seen some sources say that higher test increases efficacy of the additional compounds. So basically higher test with lower dosing of add on compounds. You find that its good keeping test at 200 and stacking the other compounds higher ? I'm intrigued for sure.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Never did any gear when I was young. Always lifted and didn't start trt until I was your age.

That said, no you shouldn't need more. You're in shut down on gear if you're 24 or 44.

Reaction score
I’m not 40 something I’m only 33.
Test only cycles have really grown on me ;) I like them. Sometimes, I just like to take a break from all the different compounds and run a low dose test cycle. I enjoy sus for this one
E3D 1/2c Sus300 + 1/2c Cyp. It puts me right around 550 every 6 days. I don’t run test only for long, maybe 6 weeks before I throw in something else to finish it off. Between 12-20 weeks depending what I’m trying to do.
my sweet spot for maintaining, not gain, just keeping everything I’ve worked for without losing an oz of my gains, is between 250-300 a week. Cant stay there tho.. keep monitor on bloods and organ functions if you do. We only get one body my dude.

I mean, I don't come off anymore. Just back down to prescribed dose which is 200mg a week. I can maintain on that too, just don't plan to stop my prescription at this point. I do like your sus/cyp method though. You finish thatwith another injectable or an oral?

Reaction score
Never did any gear when I was young. Always lifted and didn't start trt until I was your age.

That said, no you shouldn't need more. You're in shut down on gear if you're 24 or 44.

I didnt run anything in my youth either, unless gaspari was mixing some prohormones i didn't know about in that original super pump formula. Lol. That stuff had some kick. But that said, ya man, my first experience with any compound was when I first got on trt. Originally I was prescribed about half of what they have me on now. I like my 200mg weekly and wouldn't really want to go below.

Reaction score
I mean, I don't come off anymore. Just back down to prescribed dose which is 200mg a week. I can maintain on that too, just don't plan to stop my prescription at this point. I do like your sus/cyp method though. You finish thatwith another injectable or an oral?

yes sir, a little bit of both. I love Anavar. I use to be into dbol and a drol back in the day, but too many sides and I get too fat lol. I made the mistake of running oral tren once... turned me yellow :E
this is actually my first run on mast E but truthfully, I don’t think I’ll go high on test without it again. I love that stuff too. For some reason, I react really well to front loading test for most of the compounds I usually run. Tren! I freaking hate tren when I’m off of it, and love it when I’m on it. Def a love hate relationship.
my method from now on will be to incorporate masteron by week 6.
I dunno how the vets feel about this, but I was planning a spring cycle which is that protocol (sus/cyp) and at week 4, throwing in EQ for 16 weeks giving me a 20 week run. I haven’t worked out all the kinks yet but look for my thread when I get it all planned out.
anyway, depending on my goals at the time, I’ll throw in tren/clen/Anavar. I can’t stay on tren for longer than about 6-7 weeks. It starts messing with my head and my prostate. I’m sure if I wised up and got some caber (I will before my next one) it may subside all the terrors I face by week 6.

I think 200 is really all you need to maintain. Like Adrenolin said, pinning long esters ED or EOD works really well. Truthfully, I haven’t pinned anything but my delts in over a year, so the less oil the better.
plus with strong sus (especially prop) you’ll get PIP. It’s best to microdose that anyway, I believe.
it also helps me keep more stable levels throughout, I’m convinced.

Reaction score
I'm with you on the var. I liked dbol initially but I got moon face and I think the feel of var suits me better. Hard to pinpoint it but its just a good feel. I have some sitting around which I may run closer to beach season

Reaction score
Thanks all who answered.

So my main takeaways

Keep test low , healthy ranges,

Run simple cycles and let the add on compounds be the workhorses . One or two compounds (it wasn't stated specifically but seemed to be the intent)

Microdosing is the shit to do (I have been for a few months and I'm a fan. It feels better than less frequent bigger injects for sure, and seems to keep from crazy spikes and dips . Maybe its just bro science but works for me)

Any thing else I'm missing ? And again speaking as a forty something who just wants to make some gains and still look good naked as I get older. And stay healthy above all

Reaction score
Sounds great man.
Im still a baby compared to a lot these guys. Keep that in mind. I’m 210 5’9 about 12% bf.
I can’t do the moon face.. or the rounded look at all really. I just look fat. Haha.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
for dudes in their 40s and older , like me, I'm assuming most are on test year round. I am wondering if any of you have found a sweet spot for test dosing during blast. [I stay on min 200mg week, cruise, blast dose ive tried 500 and 750 for test]

So my question is , have any of you found that during blast you would need a higher dose of test than in younger years to make gains? With the body being older and harder to gain,

Hope this makes sense

Yes. What feels like “normal” to you and to myself will vary greatly. Over the last 10 years my dosages have gone up. I have genuine discussions with my physician about my quality of life. 300 mgs is my floor. My numbers stay solid, other than some blood draws for hemocrit levels I’m healthier than I’ve ever been. A lot of testosterone mills will set arbitrary caps on dosages basically broadcasting what they’re primary purpose is.
Hopefully we can avoid the debate on the semantics. Cruise, therapy, “cycle” that is not cycled. Dealers choice

As far as gains slowing. No. If I think about the gym I gain muscle. I don’t increase my test to gain. I increase clean kcal. over 40 trying to bulk is a line I didn’t want to even bother trying to walk. I don’t compete

Last edited:

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks all who answered.

So my main takeaways

Keep test low , healthy ranges,

Run simple cycles and let the add on compounds be the workhorses . One or two compounds (it wasn't stated specifically but seemed to be the intent)

Microdosing is the shit to do (I have been for a few months and I'm a fan. It feels better than less frequent bigger injects for sure, and seems to keep from crazy spikes and dips . Maybe its just bro science but works for me)

Any thing else I'm missing ? And again speaking as a forty something who just wants to make some gains and still look good naked as I get older. And stay healthy above all

How long do you run the higher dosages for typically? Is it just a fast forward button towards a certain body image goal? Impatient old fart

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Hope this makes sense

You shouldn't need more but possibly less.

I was 38 when I started and at the time an extreme competitive powerlifter.

I have tried many doses with 750mg a week being the highest before I would feel I needed to lower it if I was above that.

500mg a week was standard and felt great.

300mg a week was the lowest I would but soon to wanna be back at 500mg.

Now off the iron I feel great at 140mg a week age 52.

Don't know what your goals are but if they aren't giants goals then stick to a dose that keeps you steady testing around 700ng in bloodwork.

Pin 200mg then on the 7th day before next injection get a test done adjusting off that.

We are all different, goals and how we test on paper.

Last edited:

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Yes. What feels like “normal” to you and to myself will vary greatly. Over the last 10 years my dosages have gone up. I have genuine discussions with my physician about my quality of life. 300 mgs is my floor. My numbers stay solid, other than some blood draws for hemocrit levels I’m healthier than I’ve ever been. A lot of testosterone mills will set arbitrary caps on dosages basically broadcasting what they’re primary purpose is.
Hopefully we can avoid the debate on the semantics. Cruise, therapy, “cycle” that is not cycled. Dealers choice

As far as gains slowing. No. If I think about the gym I gain muscle. I don’t increase my test to gain. I increase clean kcal. over 40 trying to bulk is a line I didn’t want to even bother trying to walk. I don’t compete
Hey brother, just a little tip, hematocrit can vary greatly simply from being dehydrated vs hyperhydrated (2gal+). Also the real trick is you can supplement naringin to naturally lower your hematocrit as well. I used to give blood often, but now between those, I rarely have to donate. A fat 10g dose of omega 3's while on cycle can also do wonders if your having issues with your rbc's/blood pressure.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Hey brother, just a little tip, hematocrit can vary greatly simply from being dehydrated vs hyperhydrated (2gal+). Also the real trick is you can supplement naringin to naturally lower your hematocrit as well. I used to give blood often, but now between those, I rarely have to donate. A fat 10g dose of omega 3's while on cycle can also do wonders if your having issues with your rbc's/blood pressure.

Cheers. Will give naringin a shot. I was considering a doing a self phlebotomy at one point during the holidays. Just instinctively based on how I felt I knew my levels were off and didn't want them too high prior to my bloodwork.

Will have my bloods back soon to see just how off they were.

New Threads