Pissed!!

fognozzle

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, feel the need to vent. So, last week on deads I got 315 for 5 on the 4th set and called it. I have never been able to break that barrier and was determined to tonight. Again I hit 315 x5 on the 4th set and was all psyched about going for a PR. I rested an extra min. and set the bar with 365. I get set, take a deep breath, ipod set on vaporize and go. Got that bastard about 8-10 inches off the ground and hit a wall. I set it down and regroup. I rested another minute and repeat the sequence...8 inches and hit a wall. No PR tonight! I ate good all day to make sure I had the fuel and just knew I was going to get it up. Thought about it all day and and when when game time I couldn't perform. Threw the rest of my night off bad. There, I'm done. The wife couldn't care less so I thought I'd share with my homies. Maybe next week! And I know its a cheese weight for most here but that shit was fawkin heavy!!! OK, no I'm done.

G

Georgia

Georgia's peaches are known to increase strength 10 fold. Mixture of tren and meth is lethal!

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro... try hitting it on calf raises. Once you get it there it makes the DL seem like cake! ;)

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do... don't fuck with your form to get there! I have seen people hurt themselves BIG TIME doing that!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry folks, feel the need to vent. So, last week on deads I got 315 for 5 on the 4th set and called it. I have never been able to break that barrier and was determined to tonight. Again I hit 315 x5 on the 4th set and was all psyched about going for a PR. I rested an extra min. and set the bar with 365. I get set, take a deep breath, ipod set on vaporize and go. Got that bastard about 8-10 inches off the ground and hit a wall. I set it down and regroup. I rested another minute and repeat the sequence...8 inches and hit a wall. No PR tonight! I ate good all day to make sure I had the fuel and just knew I was going to get it up. Thought about it all day and and when when game time I couldn't perform. Threw the rest of my night off bad. There, I'm done. The wife couldn't care less so I thought I'd share with my homies. Maybe next week! And I know its a cheese weight for most here but that shit was fawkin heavy!!! OK, no I'm done.

You jumped to high for a PR bro way too damn high.

Could be your forum but I can say you didn't get enough rest between weeks.

Most only pull for max once a month, the pull need a lot of rest.

What I would do next time in 4 weeks is this

315x5
325x3 to 5
335x1 to 5
345x1 to 5
355x1 to 5

Try and see if you can do that if not stick with it until you can and once you stall start adding chains and bands, I love reverse bands.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

315x5
325x3 to 5
335x1 to 5
345x1 to 5
355x1 to 5

Try and see if you can do that if not stick with it until you can and once you stall start adding chains and bands, I love reverse bands.

I was looking for my old max prep chart which had this stuff in it.... when you are prepping to do your true max its not something you just try one day you gotta prep for some time so your body is ready. SFG knows his shit on the lifting & max prep so take the page he added above and use it.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
When at a meet it goes like this if you going for 600

Warm up

225x5 2 plates
315x1 3 plates
405x1 4 plates
495x1 5 plates

Pulls

That is an example of what I would do to get 600 in a meet

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
When at a gym it goes like this if you going for 600

Warm up

225x5 2 plates
315x1 3 plates
405x1 4 plates
495x1 5 plates

Pulls

That is an example of what I would do to get 600 in a gym

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always have to warm up well when doing DL's a lot like SF's method. You can also concentrate on back extentions with a hold and pause and moving back forward to the starting postion slowly with higher reps. This will help build up your spinal erectors which are essential for the DL.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Man i know what you are talking about i done the same exact thing when i was tryin to PR myself,i got so frustrated but i kept trying and trying,then when i wasnt getting anywhere I got an older powerlifter to help me train,and finally,before i tore my labrum,got within 20 lbs of my goal i wanted.....in time it will come brother,its really more mental than anything,or at least it was to me

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Next time you are trying for a PR, take the day before off.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
one more thing will also help you get there... it's called SUSPENSION!! ;)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

315x5
325x3 to 5
335x1 to 5
345x1 to 5
355x1 to 5

SFG I wanted to ask you if doing half reps would help? We have a rack at my gym where I could start the bar at knee height to try to strenghten from there. A few weeks ago I was able to get a PR on my DL 455 but the fucker was heavy as shit & I think for sure my form went out the window. So, I'm just going to drop the weight down to 315 & do sets of 10 with that for a bit until my form is second nature. Thoughts? btw my goal is 500lbs

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Do rack pulls mang. Stet the stops right at the same height were u hit the wall and go as heavy as possible. In a few weeks ull brake that wall.

fognozzle

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

315x5
325x3 to 5
335x1 to 5
345x1 to 5
355x1 to 5

You are prolly right. I start with 135x10, 225x10, 275x10 then 315x5. I figured 50 more would be ok...for at least one.

New Threads