What are you using to increase HDL?

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm guessing many of you like me have your challenges keeping your HDL (high-density lipoproteins) up to a respectable level. What are you doing or using to get and keep your HDL levels within predetermined tolerances?

Mine as came in at 28 yesterday. What is your HDL?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I’m past due for bloodwork. Gotta get on top of that.

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
I'm guessing many of you like me have your challenges keeping your HDL (high-density lipoproteins) up to a respectable level. What are you doing or using to get and keep your HDL levels within predetermined tolerances?

Mine as came in at 28 yesterday. What is your HDL?

Mine was low a few tests back. Hummus olive oil and cucumbers. Simple snack that satiates, and got my numbers back on point. Olive oil is good on rice as well. Extra virgin.

Side note - If your middle eastern / Italian joints don't serve extra virgin by default, I would be suspicious

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’m usually at 36. Even high doses of fish oil doesn’t significantly increase mine.

Genetic factors play a huge role.

Great topic. Not sure how else to raise it bedsides getting omegas in and/or supplementing with fish/krill oil.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mines always around 30-35 unless I'm on orals, and then it really tanks. Genetic lipid profile. My father and uncles all have the same thing and they have never juiced.

Niacin will bump it up a bit, but there's studies of niacin having stroke risk. There's also a prescription grade niacin to boost HDL out there.

I'm pretty sure studies show boosting HDL alone does not lower heart disease risk, and that's why most Dr's just prescribe a regular statin.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Wanna come on my cardio regimen? :)

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Mine was at 28 towards the end of 2019 as well following almost 8mos of tren, and even some methyl tren. It bounced back pretty quick using a keto diet with a hefty dose of omega 3's and cardarine.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Omegas! Cook mostly everything w olive oil!
Blood work scheduled next week!

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Olive oil raw is great. Cooking with it however is not. I do some coconut oil and avocado oil for cooking and raw both also.
!S!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I just started taking a shot of olive oil every morning to hopefully help with my blood pressure. Ill report if this helps HDL also

LITTLEMAGS

Reaction score
most guys dont like the cardio aspect of it BUT it has helped me tremendously plus EFA's.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I just started taking a shot of olive oil every morning to hopefully help with my blood pressure. Ill report if this helps HDL also
Don't do more than a shot.. even that is gross. I drank a cup off a dare and had bad shits within a few hours

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Don't do more than a shot.. even that is gross. I drank a cup off a dare and had bad shits within a few hours

On day two. No stomach issues so far but I appreciate it.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Glad you asked this, I have a great example. Hopefully this is helpful, but it is impressive at any rate.

Mrs. BRICKS HDLs are 116 at last lab draw. How does she do that? Well, she is very disciplined in her diet and training. We never eat out, ever. She does 60- 90 minutes of cardio daily. Does that help? Not sure. However, she eats about 16 oz of farmed Atlantic salmon every day. We're in an area where our grocer can get this fresh and we buy a whole salmon, 15-18 lbs every couple weeks for her. They fillet it, she cuts it into 1 pound pieces. We pay a permanent sale price if $7.99/lb.

Can we get protein for her cheaper? Of course. But what price do you put on health? Our lifestyle is not a hobbies, so yeah, well worth it. The health benefits for her a right there on her bloodwork.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Glad you asked this, I have a great example. Hopefully this is helpful, but it is impressive at any rate.

Mrs. BRICKS HDLs are 116 at last lab draw. How does she do that? Well, she is very disciplined in her diet and training. We never eat out, ever. She does 60- 90 minutes of cardio daily. Does that help? Not sure. However, she eats about 16 oz of farmed Atlantic salmon every day. We're in an area where our grocer can get this fresh and we buy a whole salmon, 15-18 lbs every couple weeks for her. They fillet it, she cuts it into 1 pound pieces. We pay a permanent sale price if $7.99/lb.

Can we get protein for her cheaper? Of course. But what price do you put on health? Our lifestyle is not a hobbies, so yeah, well worth it. The health benefits for her a right there on her bloodwork.

Your wife’s going to have to move to Japan well after you are dead and gone just to find people her own age to hang out with.

Ive never heard of anything like those HDL levels. Have you seen such levels before? Or even higher?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Your wife’s going to have to move to Japan well after you are dead and gone just to find people her own age to hang out with.

Ive never heard of anything like those HDL levels. Have you seen such levels before? Or even higher?

Nah man. I was impressed.

New Threads