Howdy - Armwrestling

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm a professional armwrestling looking to up my game. Looking forward to learning and meeting some new friends. While I'm here; feel free to ask me any questions about my sport, hope there's some fellow competitors in here!

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG! I'm pretty sure at least one of our guys here armwrestles. Looks like fun.

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! It's a really awesome sport, strength training meets martial arts, that my opinion at least. Happy to be here.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG! Post up your goals and current stats!

Reaction score
Currently I'm sitting around 180 lbs, decently lean. My main lifts (DL, squat, bench) aren't anything special, I really only do them for general health and strength, and I'm not at all concerned with increasing them.

Mainly I'm focused on increasing arm, forearm, wrist and hand strength, as well as keeping my joints, tendons and ligaments strong, that's vital in my sport. Armwrestling is split up into weight classes at tournaments, there's a novice and a pro section, I tend to place first in the pro division overall, despite my lower bodyweight, both in my state and surrounding. Taking down 220+ lb titans is my favorite haha.

I've messed around with a few SARMs in the past, Ostarine and RAD-140, both suppressed me pretty good and I didn't come into it as prepared or knowledgeable as I should have. I've also used MK-677 and Cardarine, which are both fantastic, although MK can make me a bit too lethargic and hungry. The only other drug I've used other than recreational ones is BCP-157, which did wonders for an armwrestling related injury I sustained years ago.

I'm very interested in running a cycle very soon with a test base, or maybe just test by itself (or with an AI, it seems on this forum that's highly recommended), but would like something that helps with the joints and tendons too (I've heard DECA from other wrestlers) although I haven't quite figured out where to source those. All in time however, I understand somethings can't be rushed. I can take and post some arm-only before and afters when I get there!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Nice intro!

Again welcome, that is a very interesting sport!

Enjoy the forum, lots to learn!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Seen videos of Devon Larratt in the gym and Larry Wheels getting smoked by a guy half his size. I doubt you’ll learn much that’ll help you in AW on this board. Doesn’t seem to be a strong correlation between the two. Then again, I know very little about AW. Lots of knowledge here though.

Welcome.

Reaction score
Believe me I'm not anticipating learning anything about my sport on the forum, but if I did that would be a cherry on top. I'm here to learn about PEDs and talk to people. I beat people much stronger than me and I've been beaten by people who are "weaker" than I am, it's most definitely a technique driven sport that requires pretty specific strengths.

On a sidenote, I've met Devon and hung out with him a hand full of times, by far one of the chillest dudes you'll meet, and knows an insane amount about the sport.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’m sure any stories or educations on AW you’d like to share would be appreciated.

Personally I’d never consider AW because I don’t want to get injured. Training for trainings sake is my end goal. Same reason I don’t ski a lot.

Reaction score
I'll have to think on stories, of course I've seen lots of injuries, but I'm not keen to share those because they aren't particularly interesting, it's just part of the game. I've met a lot of high level pullers (that's what you're called if you compete) and they're almost always very cool people. Sadly I don't have any great tournament stories because, like I said, I haven't competed in anything major. I should clarify that I do refer to myself as a pro, but I'm nowhere near elite in my weightclass, that's my dream.

If you're worried about injured I definitely don't recommend this sport hahaha. Arm breaks aren't very hard to avoid, 99/100 times it happens from a novice/low-level pro using unsafe technique. But even if you're safe as hell there's no avoiding random inflammations, tears, tweaks, what have you. The pressures you generate on the table are unnatural, you simply will not meet someone who has been in this sport for years without a hand full of injuries.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Well actually I can just throw my number one tip out there without anyone asking.

Table time! That's practice on an armwrestling table. That is by far your most important tool. Table time should be at LEAST once every two weeks, and if you can; once a week, more if your body can handle it, but never push it, recovery is your best friend in this sport.

For effective table time you need pullers who are stronger than you, more knowledgeable than you, patient, and kind. Nothing is worse than a big strong table bully. Spend time asking questions to your seniors, asking them to spot your weaknesses and how to fix them. Failure is and always will be the best way to improve, think of table time with better pullers as "controlled failure".

Reaction score
I talk a lot, so if you see me in threads expect me to reply to myself often to add on lol.

I wanted to add that the purpose of table time is to refine technique, you have to get all of your muscles working together and learn how to combat your opponents techniques, there are so many small movements and muscles being used, if you can recruit more of them faster than your opponent you're already at advantage. But table time can also be used to build strength with specific drills!

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Arm wrestling is more technique than strength. I have done some competitive pulling over the years. Back pressure....

Reaction score
Hutchings has a lot of people looking at side pressure, but I agree, it's all about back pressure and hand control to me

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Welcome dude, serious question. Could you beat Lincoln Hawke or Bull Hurley?

New Threads