UFC 257: Poirier vs McGregor - Who Ye Got?

McGregor vs Poirier: Who Ye Got?

• Mystic Mac

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Shine on, you crazy Diamond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is Jake Paul on this card?

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Big questions fer me: Has Dustin evolved enough as a fighter to make this competitive? Will McGregor show any sort of ring rust from inactivity?

Also very interested to see how Michael Chandler faires against UFC level talent.

Who ye got?

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Tough choices.

Dustin has improved tremendously, and I’m sure he can put up a fight. Conor is just another beast though so I doubt we will see ring rust at all.

I’m pulling for Dustin but Conor is always dangerous.

I’m super hyped for Chandler. Hopefully his nerves don’t get the best of him, they shouldn’t though considering he’s been in the game for awhile

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can I use my links or Dana is gonna break my door down since the commi fuks that run America made steaming a felony

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I see McGreggor as the new Tyson. He isn't and never will be the same fighter that gained him his reputation IMO.

Probably low on money so off to the octagon because that is all he knows.

I don't even know the other guy but my money is on him.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see McGreggor as the new Tyson. He isn't and never will be the same fighter that gained him his reputation IMO.

I see the same. 'Old' Conor was brash and about building his brand. At the time it was good for sales and good for the sport. No chance the UFC reaches the heights it has without Conor's rise to fame. 'New' Conor seems (as much as one can know the bloke) a bit more like Tyson in his later years - still a killer, but less about selling the fight with his mouth and more about taking care of business in the ring.

Think he's still a wealthy man - est net worth around $120MM USD it looks - but he's still in his prime and if there's still a chance at a rematch with Khabib then my guess is he'll stay active in MMA. Been rumblings of his doing a boxing match with Pacquiao but that may just be another negotiation tactic.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I see the same. 'Old' Conor was brash and about building his brand. At the time it was good for sales and good for the sport. No chance the UFC reaches the heights it has without Conor's rise to fame. 'New' Conor seems (as much as one can know the bloke) a bit more like Tyson in his later years - still a killer, but less about selling the fight with his mouth and more about taking care of business in the ring.

Think he's still a wealthy man - est net worth around $120MM USD it looks - but he's still in his prime and if there's still a chance at a rematch with Khabib then my guess is he'll stay active in MMA. Been rumblings of his doing a boxing match with Pacquiao but that may just be another negotiation tactic.

Khabib recently commented that if this fight was special, he may come out of retirement to rematch the winner or something along those lines. I hated that Khabib retired but I don’t blame him after the passing of his dad. I think Mac owes us a good fight here or the fans will say fuxk this guy and move on. I agree with that Tyson sentiment.

Ped X

Reaction score
I want to see Dustin take Con so Nate can get his chance at Dustin cause we all know he already beat Con twice.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score

Connor knocked out in Round 2. Not the same guy that he was...

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Can I use my links or Dana is gonna break my door down since the commi fuks that run America made steaming a felony

I used an old link that you posted for the McGreggor boxing match a while back. Still works great lol

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Connor knocked out in Round 2. Not the same guy that he was...

Eating those calf kicks was a major tactical error. Poirier comes out of ATT in the US (Florida). Mike Brown teaches that to all ATT fighters. Bit surprising that Conor didn't even try to check 'em in the 1st round. When Dustin swarmed him in the 2nd, you could see how Conor's mobility had been compromised.

Good game plan and well executed by Dustin.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Eating those calf kicks was a major tactical error. Poirier comes out of ATT in the US (Florida). Mike Brown teaches that to all ATT fighters. Bit surprising that Conor didn't even try to check 'em in the 1st round. When Dustin swarmed him in the 2nd, you could see how Conor's mobility had been compromised.

Good game plan and well executed by Dustin.

For sure, those leg kicks were the end of Conner. He seemed to just sit there and take them. Maybe it was the long layoff?

I like Conner. I like the cocky Conner better,

New Threads