Appreciate any legitimate advice

Reaction score
I'm definitely not a beginner in the gym but I definitely don't know it all. I've been working out since I've been in high-school and have a pretty strict diet. I'm 30, 5'9, 195 with not much body fat. My mind is made up and I'm going to put a order in for gear next week with my buddy. He's a good buddy and I trust him but I don't think he's very educated about the whole subject. I'm going to run the basic Decca + test cycle but I'm not sure of how much to run, for how long, what other things I need to buy such as pct. Any advice would much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a beginner in the gym but I definitely don't know it all. I've been working out since I've been in high-school and have a pretty strict diet. I'm 30, 5'9, 195 with not much body fat. My mind is made up and I'm going to put a order in for gear next week with my buddy. He's a good buddy and I trust him but I don't think he's very educated about the whole subject. I'm going to run the basic Decca + test cycle but I'm not sure of how much to run, for how long, what other things I need to buy such as pct. Any advice would much appreciated. Thanks

Sup dude.

Jump to new member section and introduce yourself like you've done here but with some details on personal goals / past gear experience etc. Will make any advice given that much better. Cheers

Reaction score
I appreciate the worrisome but that's why I'm here trying to figure it out before I get into it. I have friends who pin but they don't know much about it, more of the just do it and pay the price later. Like I said I'm going to put a order in next week and it won't be here for a few weeks so in the mean time I'm trying find out the most I can from people with experience.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I appreciate the worrisome but that's why I'm here trying to figure it out before I get into it. I have friends who pin but they don't know much about it, more of the just do it and pay the price later. Like I said I'm going to put a order in next week and it won't be here for a few weeks so in the mean time I'm trying find out the most I can from people with experience.

You can find the answers by searching forums like this and reading previous posts and articles. That's the preferred method of learning and then if you have more specific questions you can ask. But to know nothing and ask for someone to catch you up is kinda lazy IMO...sorry.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If your mind is made up, and you're definitely going to do it, start conservative. You're not missing anything by going balls to the wall right out of the gate.

Testosterone only. Pick the Cypionate or Enanthate ester. Start at 300mg per week, that's plenty to make good gains. Save the Deca for later. Learn how you respond to Testosterone first.

You'll probably get 200 mg/ml vials, so get 3 vials. 2 vials will get you 13 weeks, the 3rd vial is in case you drop and break a vial, or you are doing well and want to stretch the cycle out to 20 weeks. Just remember that the longer you're on, the harder it could be to recover. Risk vs reward here.

Get some Aromatase Inhibitors, either Arimidex or Aromasin. They usually come in 1 mg and 25 mg tabs, respectively. Get at least 20 tabs of ONE of them. You might not even need them, but if you do, you'll be very glad that you have them. They can be used in the future too, so it's not a waste. These are in case you get estrogen side effects, especially gyno. You don't want that.

Think about running some HCG during your cycle too. This helps to keep your own production running a bit, so you have a better chance of recovery afterwards. BTW, it's not guaranteed that you will. You could, but not likely, mess up your natural testosterone production for life by running a cycle. I'm not sure the best protocol for this, as I don't use it. Others can help.

For PCT, get Nolvadex and Clomid. I'm not sure the best protocol for this either, I'm on TRT, so I don't PCT. Someone else can help you here.

Edit:
Oh, and get full bloodwork before you start your cycle. Get another round about 6 weeks into the cycle. And a final round about 1 month after you finish pct. Keep this bloodwork to compare to later cycles, it'll come in very handy.

If you want to do this, do it right. Don't be a jackass.

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You are ahead of most noobs because you found ug ... put your plans on a brief hold ... 1st cycles are simple once you know what you're doing ... once you have that knowledge you can focus on diet and workouts where your real sustainable gains will be coming from anyway ...

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
You are ahead of most noobs because you found ug ... put your plans on a brief hold ... 1st cycles are simple once you know what you're doing ... once you have that knowledge you can focus on diet and workouts where your real sustainable gains will be coming from anyway ...

I concur with CJ. It looks like he has his mind made; all we can do is tell him to take it easy first, check his medical stats regularly and gear up. @CrystalSeth, if you want specific advice based on your own assumptions, feel free to DM me or some of the guy open advising you conservatively.

Reaction score
Its this easy.

500mg test cyp or enth. 12-16 weeks, id go 16.
Get an ai. Most use adex. Some use aromisin. Have it on hand. Bloods before, during and after. If it were me I wouldn't take any ai until you need to. Bloods will tell you.

Get your pct in order. Cant help you there, I've never done one. But you need it on hand before the cycle starts. Understand it before you start.

Thats it. That simple.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No deca first cycle. Test only. We have various views on dosing. I would go for 500 but you’d be pleased with what CJ suggested at 300.

Reaction score
Cypionate. Or enanthate for the first time. Either one is fine.
everyone else is correct. Save the deca. You’re going to grow like a weed first time use. Don’t waste the deca. You’ll hit a maximum growth your body will put out no matter what you think you need.
there’s a ceiling to growth within the human body. Many factors contribute to this.
personally I recommend pinning 1/2cc EOD and absolutely NO more than that. Cypionate 250mg. (Depending on blood results- 12-16wks)
so, 125mg every other day.
*** looking for your into post and I’ll edit if need.

ps. Don’t start a cycle without blood work.
don’t start a cycle without PCT
don’t start a cycle without proper Estrogenic inhibitors (adex/caber depending on your cycle) very dangerous otherwise.

Last edited:

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
No deca first cycle. Test only. We have various views on dosing. I would go for 500 but you’d be pleased with what CJ suggested at 300.

This,

No deca and 500mg a week, nothing higher or lower IMO

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
if your testosterone is 200mgs per ml

go with 400 mgs per week

if its 250mgs per ml go with 500mgs per week

that is if you are debating it

midevil

Elite
Reaction score
OK Noob :- )

Hell, You also need to study pinning (injecting protocol). Add it to the list of research that you'll do prior to jumping on. I have 15 years experience / zero infections.

I've always used a low gauge pin to draw from the vial and a 25g to inject. 2 pins / one syringe per shot.

The good news is it's all here and easily studied. If you have questions along the way post up. Beter yet post a thread when you decide to get started. We can help out as you go.

Good luck and welcome.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You openly admit that you have not been dedicated to your training. I guess the gear is intended to plug that lack of effort? Sorry, but unlike some here, I'm not handing out advise about gear when you can take you training to the next level by just adding in some hard work.

You got your answer already, run with it.

New Threads