51 year old on a continuing cycle. Thoughts?

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
Protein is waaaaaay to high. Even at 275, I didn't even go to 300g per day. At 250-255, I stay at less than 250. Unless you want to kill your organs, drop this 400 nonsense in half. This 2g per pound ridiculousness is bro science. You can't even digest that and your turds become petrified wood while tearing your arsehole.

While I completely understand that carbs and fat are stored more easily in the body as fat, I also agree with SFG that excess protein absolutely can be stored to fat. Once you body takes in enough of any macro, its getting stored and/or pooped out.

The more concerning part of your whole post, stop taking your AI(Arimidex}immediately. At 200mg/wk of test, if you need it at all, you are likely overweight which would point to the obvious that you need to focus on diet. You will find out in blood test which I am hoping that your moron doctor has already scheduled for you as a follow-up to prescribing testosterone. If not, have him/her put an order in for bloodwork so you can see where your estrogen levels are compared to were they were before being prescribed testosterone.

An addon to the 200mg of test part of my post, that is not really a cycle. While higher than you really should be taking long term, on a weekly basis, it still isn't much more than just replacing your natural testosterone production. You level will likely be in the 1000-1200 range ballpark when you should be around 700-800 which unless you had low testosterone to start with, really isn't going to help much in the way of building muscle.

The last thing I will say is that if you haven't lifted in 15 years, a cycle should be the farthest thing from your mind. Get back in the gym(which it sounds like you have), get a good diet program in place(400g of protein is way off) and start living the lifestyle.

I always like to hear of people getting back in the gym. In the states where most Americans are fat, out of shape pieces of shit, I applaud everyone who makes the choice to grab their life by balls and not be a statistic. Keep at at and watch you life get better.

Welcome.

Thank you for the comments. I will cut back on the protein and start eating a more balanced meal. I eat carbs but its mostly when I cheat which is often. As long as I don't cheat with sugar I am happy about that. I will get blood work done soon.

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
Thats why I switched to self administered. Through insurance there were too many rules, numbers had to be lower than I cared for plus the doctor I had just didn't understand it well enough. Through a clinic it was expensive.

Today I spend about a 10th of what you're spending and a vial lasts 10 weeks. Sometimes longer if I buy it in higher concentration (300mg/ml).

Id cut the ai almost to none, if not none and forget the rest. Test is all you need.
First off, I don't have a source and secondly, I work on ships and our bags can be searched at anytime. I go out for 4 weeks at a time and I bring my gear and have no issues or worries because it is prescription. When I find a source I will cut it back some how. Thanks for the input buddy.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I didn't realize how many people are not for protein shakes. Shakes are actually new to my diet, in the past when I was bodybuilding 15 years ago, I didn't have the money for shakes.

Actually we all are probably PRO protein shakes. But remember, they're a supplement, but you're already getting more than enough protein. What's happening in your body is that you're burning the excess for energy, but turning it into carbohydrate anyway via gluconeogenesis, since you're not consuming enough carbs in your diet your body is just making them. It's just a more expensive way to go about getting energy.

There's nothing wrong with it, if you like doing it, it won't hurt. It's just not optimal. Our bodies find a way.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I'm 220 lbs not fat, so that would be 330 grams or protein. I don't keep count that was just an estimate. I did cut back on how many scoops I used for shakes.

I may be wrong, but I've always heard that the calculation is based on LEAN body weight.

So, if you weigh 220 @ 15% body fat then lean weight would be 187. At 1.5gm that equals 280 grams of protein.

I'll defer to the more experienced members, but 280 grams of protein per day seems to be more than enough.

Reaction score
First off, I don't have a source and secondly, I work on ships and our bags can be searched at anytime. I go out for 4 weeks at a time and I bring my gear and have no issues or worries because it is prescription. When I find a source I will cut it back some how. Thanks for the input buddy.

I get it. Just sharing is all, not telling you what you're doing is wrong. I think some of your doses are wrong, like the adex.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
First off, I don't have a source and secondly, I work on ships and our bags can be searched at anytime.

could easily keister in a batch of oral steroids

then stash um somewhere once the coast is clear

just thinking out loud Nice2MeetU

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
Actually we all are probably PRO protein shakes. But remember, they're a supplement, but you're already getting more than enough protein. What's happening in your body is that you're burning the excess for energy, but turning it into carbohydrate anyway via gluconeogenesis, since you're not consuming enough carbs in your diet your body is just making them. It's just a more expensive way to go about getting energy.

There's nothing wrong with it, if you like doing it, it won't hurt. It's just not optimal. Our bodies find a way.

Yeah the nutritional side and probably the most import side of BB, I honestly suck at. If I could change one thing about my diet it would be to drink more water. I can't seem to do it.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Yeah the nutritional side and probably the most import side of BB, I honestly suck at. If I could change one thing about my diet it would be to drink more water. I can't seem to do it.
I set a alarm for every hour. In between calsses I down a glass. Its also good to get out of the chair often.

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
I get it. Just sharing is all, not telling you what you're doing is wrong. I think some of your doses are wrong, like the adex.

It's all good, bother. I want input from all and yes I am about to stop taking the adex altogether unless I start taking more test.

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
could easily keister in a batch of oral steroids

then stash um somewhere once the coast is clear

just thinking out loud Nice2MeetU

Yeah I do this. The pins are the thing that they see in the x-ray before flights to ship, so as long as I have that covered I am good.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score

The gng cycle is only good for about 5g/hr - so even with the conversion of protein to glucose, he'd still be on a relatively low carb diet forcing his body to burn calories via the gng cycle to make more readily available energy

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
She is actually an NP but the doctor she works under is a man and a bodybuilder. I am certain he comes up with these regimens not her.

That's even worse!

He knows jack shit if he script that!

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
That's even worse!

He knows jack shit if he script that!
fr
Well that's the only place I know of in my area. What to you suggest, Dr. San Francisco? Once I find a good source I will get what I need. I am not new to this.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
fr
Well that's the only place I know of in my area. What to you suggest, Dr. San Francisco? Once I find a good source I will get what I need. I am not new to this.

We have been giving you suggestions!

Don't take getting educated as being insulted, you will learn a lot and that a lot of the medical field is way off.

When I fired one doc I sat the next one down and laid it all out, I allowed him to prove himself wrong with bloodwork then made him listen to me and follow my lead.

This stuff isn't rocket science.

I'm done helping, good luck!

Last edited:

Geaux4Tigers

Reaction score
We have been giving you suggestions!

Don't take getting educated as being insulted, you will learn a lot and that a lot of the medical filed is way off.

When I fired one doc I sat the next one down and laid it all out, I allowed him to prove himself wrong with bloodwork then made him listen to me and follow my lead.

This stuff isn't rocket science.

I'm done helping, good luck!

I never felt insulted, brother, I was just making a joke. I thank everyone for there help its greatly appreciated.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
The gng cycle is only good for about 5g/hr - so even with the conversion of protein to glucose, he'd still be on a relatively low carb diet forcing his body to burn calories via the gng cycle to make more readily available energy

My intent was to point out that the protein shakes were unnecessary in his situation, just an added expense. Whatever protein isn't needed will be converted to glucose and used accordingly.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads