Hello from STL MO

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been into fitness consistently for the last ten years. I have always been "big boned" and the majority of my adult life weighting at 210ish. I'm 6ft tall. I first dabbled in lifting when I started college, but it wasn't very consistent. Once I hit 21 I was way over indulgent. Eating bad and a ton of drinking. I got back home from college and continued partying. I hit 230lb and my wife surprised me with dual gym memberships, hahah. This was about ten years ago and I have managed to shed quite a bit of weight by working out (mostly cardio) and eating better. I would hover between 190-200, until the pandemic hit. I utilized the extra free time to try to cut a little more. I hit 170lb, but slowly got back up to 180lb, because I felt that was a little more proportionate for me.

I guess I've always had mild body dysmorphia and I feel I'm not comfortable with my looks. I decided for the first time to really try to put on some muscle. So here I am, looking for advice to make my workouts for efficient. I have put on 15lbs since November and I feel I've had a nice bump in lean muscle mass. I'll make a different post later with some pics and my routine. Just want to be able to accomplish what I'm looking for, if I even know what that is, lol.

Reactions: Jin

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think some whose got higher bf but a good bit of muscle looks a hell of a lot better than a skinny person.

I am also a "big boned" person, and I accept it. No matter how much you lose you wont be happy, I went from 220 to 160 and still wasn't happy.

A person with muscle is impressive no matter the bf.

Welcome to ug.

M.Greger87

Reaction score
Keep it up and never gauge your progress by what you assume the world accepts as pretty or good looking. If your happy, feel strong and feel accomplishment after every single drop of sweat you spill in the gym. Then your on the right path, regardless of the bf. Welcome to the UG

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG, looking forward to seeing you achieve your goals!!!

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Welcome in just a couple counties to the west of you

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground! The only 2 people that your looks matter to are you and the Mrs. I’m 6’ and currently running 210 and wanting to put on some more mass to be 225 ish. I can’t imagine me being sub 200

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you like STL?

Reaction score
Do you like STL?
I love STL! It has a bad rep, but the majority of crime are in specific areas. Unless you grew up in those specific areas, you have no business being there. STL has great sports teams, awesome food scene, great breweries, excellent music venues, easy to navigate and a low cost of living. There are plenty of things to do.

Reaction score
I guess I've always had mild body dysmorphia and I feel I'm not comfortable with my looks. I decided for the first time to really try to put on some muscle. So here I am, looking for advice to make my workouts for efficient. I have put on 15lbs since November and I feel I've had a nice bump in lean muscle mass. I'll make a different post later with some pics and my routine. Just want to be able to accomplish what I'm looking for, if I even know what that is, lol.

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in :)

Check out the member's journals section, a lot of people keep track of their workouts and progress in there lately. It's a good place to get feedback and ideas.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Damn good intro N2Q. Everything you need is here so do your research and ask if there's something you need more specifics on. Welcome aboard.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love STL! It has a bad rep, but the majority of crime are in specific areas. Unless you grew up in those specific areas, you have no business being there. STL has great sports teams, awesome food scene, great breweries, excellent music venues, easy to navigate and a low cost of living. There are plenty of things to do.

Club fitness blows.

ComeBacKid85

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Study up tons to learn about putting on muscle here :32 (1):

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
HAHAHA! Yeah, but it's cheap and that was the gym that my wife bought our memberships to. 45min flys by on an elliptical when you're watching the blues or cards game, lolol

Go cards!
10char

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Proper intro. Welcome to the crew. All the info you need is here. Don't be shy to walk on the other side of the room and grab up some weights.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Go big or go home.

Former fatty. I’m 6’1 and cannot imagine being as light as you. Work on building up muscle for now. Big boned means it’s easier to get big. Period.

Welcome.

New Threads