Trouble backloading HCG

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I am having trouble backloading my HCG in my insulin pins. I have zero issues backloading test so I get the process
for some reason when I put the plunger back in the syringe the HCG all fizzes out the needle. So I’ve had to do my last two sub q shots of my HCG with a 25g 1 inch which wasn’t terrible.

the way I do it is draw the HCG out with a 25g. Take the plunger off the HCG pin slowly push the HCG into the insulin syringe then slowly pop the plunger into the syringe. With my test since I draw a full ml I can turn it upside down and let the air bubble float up to the top then push it out. My HCG I am only drawing 0.3 ml so not much
as soon as I place the plunger in all the HCG fizzes out .

a good solution would be a luer lock insulin syringe but I’m all stocked up on the type of insulin pins where the needle does not come up.

Just checking in to see if anybody has experienced this

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I use 1mL barrels, and just switch the tips/darts... use a 23-25 to draw and usually a 27-30 to pin. No backloading necessary

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
The insulin syringe should make it easier, not harder. What do u mean “the HcG fizzles out “?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Slin pin should work. Just sub-Q fer HCG, not IM so the smaller pin shouldn't be a problem.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I use 1mL barrels, and just switch the tips/darts... use a 23-25 to draw and usually a 27-30 to pin. No backloading necessary

ya that’s what I would do also but my insulin pins are not luer lock so can’t do that

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
HCG is water based. You shouldn't need to backload it. Draw it with the slin pin and poke yourself.

ya I agree but the stopper on the HCG is so thick and hard when when I drew with my insulin pin it bent the needle going into the stopper

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Slin pin should work. Just sub-Q fer HCG, not IM so the smaller pin shouldn't be a problem.

Right that’s what I’m using
but I can’t draw with it as the stopper is so thick it bends the needle and my insulin pin is not a luer lock so can’t swap out the pins.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
ya I agree but the stopper on the HCG is so thick and hard when when I drew with my insulin pin it bent the needle going into the stopper

Hmm, maybe try again.

Perhaps you were at an angle and attempting to pass through more layers of rubber than going in perpendicularly?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Right that’s what I’m using
but I can’t draw with it as the stopper is so thick it bends the needle and my insulin pin is not a luer lock so can’t swap out the pins.

I've had that happen many times in the past using a 31ga.. usually from being a jittery **** from clen lol as long as the needle is not broken, and only bent, I'd still draw it up and simply pin subq with a bent needle

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe try again.

Perhaps you were at an angle and attempting to pass through more layers of rubber than going in perpendicularly?

could be, I will try again Wednesday when I’m due for a dose, but when looking if it def looks thicker than other stoppers I’ve seen.

I typically done draw and pin with the same needle but I guess that’s the only option for the slim pins that I have.

Using the 25g 1” was not terrible but I’d rather not use it for sub q when I have slin pins

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I laugh every time you call them "slim" pins lol I like that

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Never had a problem with insulin pins & hcg?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Jin was correct drew with the slin pin no issue, on closer examination of the stopper it’s thicker around the edges and harder I think I was not dead center and like Jin said May have also not been 100% straight when drawing with the slin pin thus causing it to bend

dammit Jin for being right always

Reactions: Jin