Mind fog

Reaction score
Hey yall,
What is yall experience with brain fog while using TRT? I've been having trouble concentrating and thinking for most of the time since I started TRT, 2 weeks ago.
First week I pinned 250mg separated into 5 doses. Then I pinned 200 mg this week, separated into two doses, along with 750iu hcg separated into three 250iu doses. I used .5mg arimidex last week, and .25mg this week, both after feeling high e2 sides, mainly swollen face, water retention, headache, trouble concentrating, moodiness...

It seems that I currently have either high or low e2, cause I can't think and focus well. I keep going over the estrogen sweet spot with the adex, and have not been able to get it dialed in. My plan is to lower the T dose to 150mg per week, separated into three 50mg doses, take 250iu HCG twice a week, to see if I still need adex. Also going to cut 1mg adex into 1/8ths to avoid crashing e2. If that doesn't work I'll dissolve the pill into vodka.

What's yall experience have been with dialing in e2? Did you have to lower your T dose? Lowered to what amount? Did you divide the dose to multiple times a week? How many? Did lowering eliminate need for adex? Has aromasin or arimidex worked better for you? etc

Last edited:

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Im addressing the brain fog, not the steroids.

Ive had six concussions so I had brain fog constantly for 5 years.

Make your font color white and page color black.

Wear sunglasses, they help you focus in.

And sit facing a corner, with only your work infront of you.

Remove anything bright in color or distracting in any way. Then force yourself into working, taking intermittent breaks to mentally review what youve done. This will help you remember things, it also helps to write short hand notes.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get bloods. The E2 game is the trickiest of all, and a bit of trial & error is needed.

And agree with CJ, this whole plan looks a bit shite if I'm being honest. Ye running this on yer own or working with a doc?

Reaction score
The plan was to front load with 250mg first week. I divided into 5 doses to minimize e2 spikes, considering that exogenous was being added to natural test levels. The rest of the weeks I was planning on using 200mg/week divided into two, but seeing the e2 problems come up, I'm considering lowering to 150mg/wk divided into three 50mg doses, and using .125mg adex when e2 sides come up, not exceeding .25mg within 3 days. Along with the 150mg T dosing, I would also use 250iu HCG two times per week. Vodka, or other alchohol, to be used as solution for adex, is in case I cannot reliably cut the 1mg adex pill into 8 pieces. I've read in multiple places online that this is an option to better control adex dosage. Not sure where's the shit show here.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Unless yer running Prop (and why would ye run Prop fer TRT?) no need to pin more than 1-2x weekly.

Why front-load yer start of TRT? Its the rest of yer life, Mate. No point in trying to rush it and risking sides.

On that low a Test dose, ye may not need an AI at all. Good that ye have one, but mind yer bloodwork and don't go to it unless ye need to.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You've avoided this question twice, and we're trying to help...

Is this Dr prescribed or are you doing this on your own?

Have you had bloodwork done prior to this? Are you getting bloodwork a couple of months in to see where you're at?

And it's a shit show, no offense, because you're doing some very strange things.

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
The plan was to front load with 250mg first week. I divided into 5 doses to minimize e2 spikes, considering that exogenous was being added to natural test levels. The rest of the weeks I was planning on using 200mg/week divided into two, but seeing the e2 problems come up, I'm considering lowering to 150mg/wk divided into three 50mg doses, and using .125mg adex when e2 sides come up, not exceeding .25mg within 3 days. Along with the 150mg T dosing, I would also use 250iu HCG two times per week. Vodka, or other alchohol, to be used as solution for adex, is in case I cannot reliably cut the 1mg adex pill into 8 pieces. I've read in multiple places online that this is an option to better control adex dosage. Not sure where's the shit show here.

You are over thinking and over complicating things
The fact that you thought about cutting a small 1mg tab of adex into 8 pieces is a fukn joke in itself lol
You clearly don't have a clue what you're doing and making things worse by guessing

You'll learn though, someone will guide you
I'm just here to add some flames....

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
You've avoided this question twice, and we're trying to help...

Is this Dr prescribed or are you doing this on your own?

Have you had bloodwork done prior to this? Are you getting bloodwork a couple of months in to see where you're at?

And it's a shit show, no offense, because you're doing some very strange things.
It's looks to me this is his own shit show cruise attempt.. not a trt regime. I don't even know why OP is taking arimidex at all at current testosterone dosages. So much finagling dosages only 2wks into said cycle.. I refuse to believe any physician is recommending these things to him.

The hCG may be affecting aromatization some, but I wouldn't suspect severe enough to put the op in the panic he seems to be in, in the first 2wks of his cycle/cruise. He thinks he's going to get his e2 dialed in, in under 2wks lol but as much as he's ****ing with his dosages and pinning frequencies he may never get it right.

OP needs to lay off the AI's and tighten up his diet for the next several weeks then get bloods drawn to see where the test/hCG puts him, then add a small bit of adex if necessary.

Reaction score
How is your E2 already messed up? The cyp you would likely be on, shouldn’t be troubling you yet, surely. Unless you came into the game with some effed up spikes and are super prone to it. And even at that dose, this is really unlikely.
we need more info man, we all want to help, we’re here, but you gotta give us more. No one is going to give you a blanket statement because it’s dangerous and no one wants to hurt you.
so, what’s your bloods read? How long ago was your bloods done?
is this prescribed or is this your own attempts?
leave the Ai alone, I think we can all agree you’re going to tank it if you’re using it that soon into your regimens. Unless blood work reads an anomaly.
im looking for your intro as we speak. I need to know your diet.
how much sodium are you intaking daily?
how much sugar? Yes it matters.
if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re having side effects of a garbage diet. Are you bloated? Over eating?
please don’t avoid our questions if you truly seek help.

Reaction score
I'm doing bloods on Friday. I am eating at a caloric deficit. Currently weigh 194lbs. My goal is to reach about 950ng/dl total testosterone without having to use ai.

Bloods will show what's going on, but all I can say for sure atm is that I've had difficulty focusing and thinking clearly since starting trt last week. I see Adrenolin saying that the dosage is too low for aromatization to be occurring enough to cause the sides. Well Idk, perhaps there are exceptions. I've got approx 24% body fat, perhaps that is a factor. Again bloods will say for sure.

The best choice I think is to just lower the dose to 150mgs three times/week. Not sure if this will bring my total t to goal, but I will slowly increase if it doesn't, so long as I don't need ai.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I'm doing bloods on Friday. I am eating at a caloric deficit. Currently weigh 194lbs. My goal is to reach about 950ng/dl total testosterone without having to use ai.

Bloods will show what's going on, but all I can say for sure atm is that I've had difficulty focusing and thinking clearly since starting trt last week. I see Adrenolin saying that the dosage is too low for aromatization to be occurring enough to cause the sides. Well Idk, perhaps there are exceptions. I've got approx 24% body fat, perhaps that is a factor. Again bloods will say for sure.

The best choice I think is to just lower the dose to 150mgs three times/week. Not sure if this will bring my total t to goal, but I will slowly increase if it doesn't, so long as I don't need ai.
Wow that is incredibly interesting how in 3wks you've dropped 26lbs of weight whilst simultaneously decreasing muscle mass by 28.5lbs and increasing your bodyfat percentage. You're truly a freak of nature!

Not to mention your goal 3wks ago was to hold your 220lb weight. What are you doing? Perhaps it's your diet ****ing you up as I alluded to in my prior post of strictening it up... just because you're in a caloric deficit does not mean your diet is healthy or balanced. Lack of nutrition must be the cause of your brain fog.. cause either your original post or this one is not accurate.

Here's your post from Dec 29, so you can remember
Been lifting for 3yrs
Age 27
Weight 220lbs
Height 5'11''
Looking to drop body fat% and gain mass while keeping same weight. Current body fat 20%

Somehow you've managed to do the the EXACT opposite of your goal from 3wks ago. CRAZY!

Reaction score
It may be a hard pill to swallow my friend, but Adrenolin is absolutely correct. You’re an outlier if your data is correct. That is truly fascinating.
but, the diet! Listen to Adrenolin. He knows his sh**.
a lot of ppl think because they’re eating fewer calories, they’re eating healthier. More times than not, the opposite is true.
what other supplements are you taking? Hopefully some fish oil at least, multi’s? My diet isn’t the greatest but I supp a LOT of vitamins. Not counting my multi, I’m roughly ingesting 6 different vitamins to makeup for the days I just don’t make the cut with food.
a perfect diet is really hard to obtain.
I would suggest that the diet is the largest contributor to brain fog, lack of focus.
will you share your diet with us? I hope you prove me wrong.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Probably the pschedelics that you are using. That is the only thing that makes since if you think that front loading trt is a good idea. Thats not even taking into account that you are running an AI with trt.

Stop immediately and seek medical advice.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
This dudes plan is shit yes but what is everyone's issue with running ai while on trt??? On 175mg a week with no ai I personally have elevated e2...as do other people...its reckless to tell people to not use ai just based on test dose. They need bloodwork to know. Some need ai on low dose some don't

Last edited:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
This dudes plan is shit yes but what is everyone's issue with running ai while on trt??? On 175mg a week with no ai I personally have elevated e2...as do other people...its reckless to tell people to not use ai just based on test dose. They need bloodwork to know. Some need ai on low dose some don't

This is why I said to seek medical advice which should include bloodwork as well.

If I had to use an AI on trt based on ranges, I still wouldn't. Elevated is not a problem. The range that I see most labs using is off IMO. It is different for everyone and should be gauged with the way you feel as well as bloodwork to watch trends. Shit, my doc said that my initial test levels of 306(I think) was in range and too high for trt. I barely had energy to brush my teeth.

If trt raises your E2 levels to a point that you need to use an AI. My advice would be to lower the test dose vs adding another chemical to to your body for life.

Not sure if you were taking directly about my post but just wanted to clarify what I meant.

EDIT: I this guys case, I need to add that 200-250mg/wk is not TRT.

Last edited:

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
This is why I said to seek medical advice which should include bloodwork as well.

If I had to use an AI on trt based on ranges, I still wouldn't. Elevated is not a problem. The range that I see most labs using is off IMO. It is different for everyone and should be gauged with the way you feel as well as bloodwork to watch trends. Shit, my doc said that my initial test levels of 306(I think) was in range and too high for trt. I barely had energy to brush my teeth.

If trt raises your E2 levels to a point that you need to use an AI. My advice would be to lower the test dose vs adding another chemical to to your body for life.

Not sure if you were taking directly about my post but just wanted to clarify what I meant.

No not you directly..I just see a lot of people saying you don't need ai just based on dose...I get what your saying also amd can't say I disagree with that viewpoint...like say 200mg cause you to need an ai amd puts your test at say 1100...if 150 means no ai amd you get test levels of say 850 id say thats a good trade as well. Something we might ought to make a separate thread about

New Threads