New guy on the block

Reaction score
I appreciate that, I do. But what makes me humble, is that you’re 50, and I may never see that day :(
I hope I do. But I’ve done some really, really stupid things in my younger years, striving for things I couldn’t keep.
I spend most of my time trying to maintain what’s left. Enough about me. This thread is about you.

what’s your finish line look like?
Have you considered strength training? I use to be an overweight kid and in middle school I started every morning with push-ups, sit ups and sprint/ walks. Sprint for as long as you can, walk to cool down until you’re ready again. I’m not even sure if this is as scientific as I’m going to make it sound (probably bro science) but I’ve always understood that longer durations of 150BPM and up burns muscle and fat, where as shorter increments in bursts, let’s the body stay out of catabolism (where your body starves for nutrients so it eats your muscle).

edit, you’re target heart rate is likely a lot lower than my numbers, but I think you get the gist.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome! Honestly you may not have truly stalled for these 2 weeks. It could be horomone fluctuations, cortisol levels could be up.... or your just simply holding a lil water from horomone fluctuations. Do you do refeeds? If your dieting hard you could be in need of one

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Reaction score
I appreciate that, I do. But what makes me humble, is that you’re 50, and I may never see that day :(
I hope I do. But I’ve done some really, really stupid things in my younger years, striving for things I couldn’t keep.
I spend most of my time trying to maintain what’s left. Enough about me. This thread is about you.

what’s your finish line look like?
Have you considered strength training? I use to be an overweight kid and in middle school I started every morning with push-ups, sit ups and sprint/ walks. Sprint for as long as you can, walk to cool down until you’re ready again. I’m not even sure if this is as scientific as I’m going to make it sound (probably bro science) but I’ve always understood that longer durations of 150BPM and up burns muscle and fat, where as shorter increments in bursts, let’s the body stay out of catabolism (where your body starves for nutrients so it eats your muscle).

edit, you’re target heart rate is likely a lot lower than my numbers, but I think you get the gist.

I would like to get down under 200 again with 33" waist as my goal. It has been many years since I have been there. Definitely creeps up on you over the years, a pound or two at a time.

Reaction score
Welcome! Honestly you may not have truly stalled for these 2 weeks. It could be horomone fluctuations, cortisol levels could be up.... or your just simply holding a lil water from horomone fluctuations. Do you do refeeds? If your dieting hard you could be in need of one

Well, after another week and only losing 1 pound, I definitely have stalled.

My Dr keeps saying that my tsh level is "within normal range" as it bounces around 5. From what I have read, optimum levels should be under 3.

I decided to add T3 to see if that helps my symptoms. I just received it and will start taking 25 mcg today in addition to my regular dose of naturethroid.

Reaction score
Ok, it's been a few months since my introduction. Since the beginning of February, I have dropped another 12 pounds, down to 223 lbs. Considering I started at 265 in December, I think it is going well. For me, the biggest change can be seen around the waist. Down from a tight 38" pant size to a very comfortable (slightly loose) 34" waist.

I added 25 mcg of T3 to my prescribed naturethroid natural thyroid medication about 6 weeks ago. It has seemed to help. My bloodwork from about 2 weeks ago shows my TSH at 3.1 and my testosterone level still around 350. Still haven't convinced the doc to put me on trt yet. Might try a 24 hour fast and schedule the blood draw later on in the day for the next one and see if it will be lower.

Not too bad for a noobie! ��

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Great work. Maybe you can be the first guy with a screen name like “noobxxxx” or “newbxxxx” that actually stays around long enough that we need to change the handle;)

If your interested in taking anything that’s hormone related, the first step is to get your hormones tested.

WELCOME.

Hmm... Still here!!😃

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Another 2 months has gone by since my last update to this. Down 10 more pounds!

Started at 265 in Dec., now sitting at 213 pounds, for a 52 pound weight loss.

Almost to my goal, but will have to modify it some, as I wanted to get down to a 33" waist and already looking at picking up some new jeans as my 33X34 pants are falling down without a belt!!!

Basically watching my carb intake, extra 25 mcg of T3 a day to go with prescription T4, and cardio and walking.
I'll have to see if I have any pics of myself when I was at 265. A fat slob!�� if I can find one, I'll post a few before/ now pics!

Crom

Reaction score
50 year old male, been dieting for a few months 6' 265 lbs then, at 235 now, but stalled for the last 2 weeks.

Looking to learn about some of the pharma used to kick start my losses again.

Hello Noob lvl2. Welcome to the UG. A great method for loosing weight is Keto and Cardio. Not the whole bacon keto thing. You gotta eat good fats and high protein. Think avocado, salmon, olive oil, coconut oil. Make some sauerkraut. For cardio I like sprints walking after dinner or first thing in the morning. I saw another user suggested TRT have had labs done? If so, what's you test level?

Crom

Reaction score
Hello Noob lvl2. Welcome to the UG. A great method for loosing weight is Keto and Cardio. Not the whole bacon keto thing. You gotta eat good fats and high protein. Think avocado, salmon, olive oil, coconut oil. Make some sauerkraut. For cardio I like sprints walking after dinner or first thing in the morning. I saw another user suggested TRT have had labs done? If so, what's you test level?
Well shit , ignore me. Thought this was a new post. Lol.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

If you truly want to be eating Keto, it has to be low/moderate protein. Any excess just gets converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis, and can knock you out of ketosis.

Otherwise, it's just simply just a low carb diet.

Reaction score
Well shit , ignore me. Thought this was a new post. Lol.

LOL, nope! Just posting my updated info!!

My T numbers sit at about 300, don't have insurance right now, but when I did, doc was reluctant to put me on test.

I have low thyroid issues, and had stalled for about 3 weeks. I think my low thyroid output just got a little worse with my body thinking it needed to store fat!! I started taking non prescribed T3 (25 mcg) in the morning with my normal thyroid med. It really did seem to work, as my weight started it's steady slow loss again!

Reaction score
Jin had made a comment about seeing if I would stick around long enough to have to get my name changed! ��

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
D59D1689-7B23-4180-AC1C-E7CD302C6CEA.jpg7A4DC7BA-C58C-47D8-A0EC-0041F32C5B86.jpegAnother update!!! From 265 in December to 205 today! Hard to imagine how much 60 pounds of weight loss is.. 10 pounds a month and it seems like a lifetime ago that I started.

Can't figure out how to add pics!!!��

Last edited:
Reaction score
The burger pic was from September! A burger eating food challenge! What the Hell was I thinking??��

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
The burger pic was from September! A burger eating food challenge! What the Hell was I thinking??��

Looks like you nailed the self-improvement contest, though ... good stuff.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Welcome man. Lots to learn here and looking forward to seeing your progress!

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard
just shave your head and grow a beard. You’ll fit in better here.

New Threads