T3 and DNP

Beti ona

Reaction score
Samroo is right. T4>T3 conversion goes down after a prolonged period of caloric restriction (with or without DNP). Brief explanation: T4>T3 conversion occurs mostly in peripheral tissues via D5 (deiodinase enzyme). D5 activity has been documented to go down when your dieting = less conversion of T4>T3. It's one of the metabolic adaptations the body implements in order to conserve energy. That is why, under these circumstances, a replacement dose of T3 can be justified.

This is well established within the literature and a simple "t4 t3 conversion dieting pubmed" google search will give you all the evidence you'll ever want.

As long as you're using gear, for someone "natural" who only diets, cardio, EC, and DNP, adding T3 would be a very bad idea.

Reaction score
Samroo is right. T4>T3 conversion goes down after a prolonged period of caloric restriction (with or without DNP). Brief explanation: T4>T3 conversion occurs mostly in peripheral tissues via D5 (deiodinase enzyme). D5 activity has been documented to go down when your dieting = less conversion of T4>T3. It's one of the metabolic adaptations the body implements in order to conserve energy. That is why, under these circumstances, a replacement dose of T3 can be justified.

This is well established within the literature and a simple "t4 t3 conversion dieting pubmed" google search will give you all the evidence you'll ever want.

Oh, I understand that it will lower some with restriction. The issue I questioned was the statement that DNP does not cause T3 to plummet, especially at higher doses. Does DNP exacerbate the T3 loss or not effect it.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
As long as you're using gear, for someone "natural" who only diets, cardio, EC, and DNP, adding T3 would be a very bad idea.
If bloodwork indicates a need for T3, then adding a replacement dose is valid regardless of whether you're on gear or natural. You can argue it isn't necessary, but not that it's a "bad idea". Now, if we were talking higher than replacement doses of T3 then yes - bad idea regardless of whether you're on/off/DNP/EC/whatever.

Oh, I understand that it will lower some with restriction. The issue I questioned was the statement that DNP does not cause T3 to plummet, especially at higher doses. Does DNP exacerbate the T3 loss or not effect it.
See my post here. DNP has no significant impact on thyroid function and leads to only a small, temporary, change in the actual numbers. Not enough to justify T3 use in my view.

Beti ona

Reaction score
I think it is running a risk of muscle catabolism that is not justified

samrooo77

Reaction score
Only say “brah” if you mean to
make fun of people that say “brah”. I hope you are not using it because you think it’s cool.

just my .02 and cultural lesson for you my French friend!

oh thank you! its because zyzz said it.. I like to say this word

Thank you brooo

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

samrooo77

Reaction score

Thank you bro to proove that I’m right :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Jin

New Threads