Peeing a lot

FUA225

Reaction score
If you drink over a gallon of water per day and don't take a piss once per hour, that would be the point where you may have something going on out of the ordinary.

Hypochondria
Also called: health anxiety

Obsession with the idea of having a serious but undiagnosed medical condition.

Hypochondriasis usually develops during adulthood.
Symptoms include a long-term and intense fear of having a serious condition and worry that minor symptoms indicate something serious. A person may frequently visit or switch doctors.
Counseling and medications may help.

HYPOCHONDRIA GANG!!!!

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I don't think its unhealthy to piss more when you drink more. I am at the pinnacle of health in terms of age and deterioration. Yet I piss every 30-45 minutes.

This is my experience, Im no doctor

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I don't think its unhealthy to piss more when you drink more. I am at the pinnacle of health in terms of age and deterioration. Yet I piss every 30-45 minutes.

This is my experience, Im no doctor

But you can drink TOO much. If you're pounding plain water, you can mess up your electrolyte balance. In an extreme case, you could die from hyponatremia.

I remember this happening very publicly in a Wee For A Wii radio contest. The contestants had to keep drinking water, and whoever went the longest without peeing won the Wii. Someone died.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
But you can drink TOO much. If you're pounding plain water, you can mess up your electrolyte balance. In an extreme case, you could die from hyponatremia.

I remember this happening very publicly in a Wee For A Wii radio contest. The contestants had to keep drinking water, and whoever went the longest without peeing won the Wii. Someone died.

I take a hot bath everyday after workout. I usually drink a gallon in one hour in the bath whilst sweating (this in addition to the water I’ve consumed during workout). If I don’t have a dose of sodium before I do this I’ll end up feeling weak and depleted after the bath and will need to immediately intake a cup of bullion or salty soup. It’s all about balance.

Too much water can make you feel like shit pretty quickly.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
06-bath-beauty-movies.gif

I take a hot bath everyday after workout. I usually drink a gallon in one hour in the bath whilst sweating (this in addition to the water I’ve consumed during workout). If I don’t have a dose of sodium before I do this I’ll end up feeling weak and depleted after the bath and will need to immediately intake a cup of bullion or salty soup. It’s all about balance.

Too much water can make you feel like shit pretty quickly.

FUA225

Reaction score

Brooooo I remember that!!

Ped X

Reaction score

Happened to my dog. He drowned himself. He loved to swim but was not a good swimmer. He got too much water in his lungs along with ingesting too much water. Vet called it water toxicity poisoning if I recall correctly she said it essentially flushes all your electrolytes and phosphates out and dehydrates you and your brain swells up.

P. S. The dog made it after a week on IV and oxygen. Cost me more than I care to say out loud but it was worth it.

FUA225

Reaction score
Happened to my dog. He drowned himself. He loved to swim but was not a good swimmer. He got too much water in his lungs along with ingesting too much water. Vet called it water toxicity poisoning if I recall correctly she said it essentially flushes all your electrolytes and phosphates out and dehydrates you and your brain swells up.

P. S. The dog made it after a week on IV and oxygen. Cost me more than I care to say out loud but it was worth it.

****kkkk man sorry to hear that

BrotherIron

Reaction score
And electrolytes are not just sodium. They are also potassium, calcium, magnesium. You need ions in your water. Don't "water" down the solution. Not to mention that electrolytes aid in performance.

Reactions: CJ

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
And electrolytes are not just sodium. They are also potassium, calcium, magnesium. You need ions in your water. Don't "water" down the solution. Not to mention that electrolytes aid in performance.

Himalayan sea salt has what plants need.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I add table salt and Nu-Salt to my drinking water. Nu-Salt is Potassium Chloride, most food stores have it right next to the salt.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
If you drink over a gallon of water per day and don't take a piss once per hour, that would be the point where you may have something going on out of the ordinary.

160-192oz is my target.. I definitely don't piss every hour, I mean if I tried I probably could, but I unfortunately sweat a LOT. I usually drink a liter of water before bed and take a marathon piss in the morning. And drink another liter with every meal.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Water retention is a side of E2. I'm not saying it can't be the cause...but on a big test and dbol run, after about 10 days...I'll pee less for about a week as it turns my face and hands into the moon. I'll have to double down on the water and cut back the sodium to drop some of it.

Too much water can kill you, yes. But too much sodium can too...the kid who drank soy sauce on a dare comes to mind. Everything in moderation, friendo.

Some prostates just don't like androgens. Older ones, specifically. Sounds like your bladder doesn't fully empty, so your body always thinks it has to pee.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Some prostates just don't like androgens. Older ones, specifically. Sounds like your bladder doesn't fully empty, so your body always thinks it has to pee.

That's my issue. I can wake up and pee a decent amount at night but if I walk around for 5 minutes I can always squeeze out a few more ozs. And if I don't walk around then I've got to pee sooner the next time.

hwntime

Reaction score
Constant urination is a sign of potential diabetes. Have you had your A1C checked recently? It could also be a sign of a UTI. Either way, you should get bloodwork done if you’re running a cycle.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I piss once an hour. My girl calls me baby bladder....Been that way since highschool when I started carrying around a jug of water.

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
At home Diagnosis (just a few quick questions to help guide people or maybe learn something new):

1st rule out medication/supplemental causes of increased urination
primary polydipsia; its it bc you are truly thirsty? no. signs of dehydration if you reduce drinking? no. well stop or except polyuria
Primary D. Insipidus; very thirsty? yes. signs of dehydration if you reduce drinking (ie. hypotension)? yes. urine salty? no, very dilute. (for secondary-youll have a hx of kidney dz)
Diabetes mellitus; very thirsty? yes. signs of dehydration (probable even with adequate fluid intake)? yes. Urine sweet? yes.
Prostatitis or UTI; no dehydration. extra thirst? no. discomfort when urinating, pain or burning? yes. sensation of incomplete evacuation? yes. Normal stream? yes.
Benign Prostate Hypertrophy; No dehydration, no excessive thirst. gradually worsening, possible hx of symps. (comes and goes); wk stream, hesitation? yes, difficulty starting or stopping stream? yes.
High E2; erection difficulties, incr. sweating? yes. signs of water retention (bloating, swelling of face/extr.)? Yes.

Clinical Diagnostic investigation:
*1st; full history-primary complaint investigation, past med hx, medications/supplements (Very important), family hx, social history (alcohol, drug use?)
2nd; Lab Tests are done to confirm or rule out possible diagnoses', you have to be able to provide adequate reasons or insurance will deny it or worse your superiors will embarrass you with their superior knowledge infront of all the attending doctors and directors, and make you feel 1 inch tall; Never drag-net. (ie. full-body CT)
3rd; some conditions require confirmatory Tests to make the official diagnosis. (ie. prostate issues may require a small biopsy/bx; DI-Vasopressin challenge)

*inpatient, we have the luxury of controlling fluids rate/volume/type, measuring Urine output (commonly checked bedside). These are key investigative tools.
Doctors HATE the word 'NORMAL', you will be smacked by anyone above you if used
Urination frequency range btw 4-10x/day (if you normally always pee 4x/day and suddenly its 9-10x/day, that is increased regardless of being "in-range" WNL
Volume range btw 0.5L-2.5L (when receiving a similar volume of fluid)

woo..that was a lot, hope it helps or is at least interesting lol
Best,
MuscleMedMD

Last edited:

New Threads