Dosing HGH - one shot vs multi shots

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys that are doing 3 ius or more.

Are you doing one shot in the morning, or spacing the shots out during the day? Does it even matter? For example if you have worked up to 4ius or more - is there an advantage to having one large "blast" or more frequent smaller blasts...

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've done it both ways (shooting 5IU daily) and haven't noticed a difference other than when I do all at once I feel quite a bit more lethargic post injection.

The half life of HGH is (biologically) between 9 and 17 hours so theory would tell us that injecting twice a day would create a more steady level in the body. BUT you have to remember that GH within the body is only secreted in spurts as well, so there may not be a need for "steady" levels, as opposed to a hormone like testosterone.

HGH spikes quickly after injection, then gradually declines so, in a sense, you can "spike" it twice a day.

All this is speculation at this point as there is no hard, fast study on HGH injection timing for anti-aging purposes as it is not an FDA approved practice (yet). Lots of broscience backed by interpretations of previous studies.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^^ steady levels of HGH is termed a GH "bleed" and is a feminized pattern of release.

My theory behind why I hit 4iu at once is because I want to take it when cortisol is at it's highest. Post workout or mid afternoon.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im planning HGH for the end of the year. So if i work out in the morning aroud 8am - i would take it after say at about 10 - 11am in one slam?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this actually makes a lot of sense. I take mine at night right before bed just because i hate feeling lethargic lo. That's about as technical as I've gotten with it.

^^^ steady levels of HGH is termed a GH "bleed" and is a feminized pattern of release.

My theory behind why I hit 4iu at once is because I want to take it when cortisol is at it's highest. Post workout or mid afternoon.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Over 4iu I break it up into two shots one in the morning when I wake 5am. I read this is when you natural GH is lowest and also one of the peaks for cortisol.
I workout at 6:30am. I take my 2nd shot at 2-3pm this is another point when cortisol hits hard.

I have doNe it all in one shot. The issue I have as mentioned above is I become lathagic. I have a hard time staying awake.

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i had done both ways but ran serostim (pharma grade) hgh at pretty low dosage for 6months. i liked and would do it gain.

BUT there is a whole HGH protocol where guys blast all weeks dose in 1 injection per week. So they would take like 20iu 1x per week instead of 4iu a day

this speaks to the natural growth "spurts" that you have when you are in puberty growing ...

guys swear that they get good gains like this.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good lord, I would probably go into a coma.

i had done both ways but ran serostim (pharma grade) hgh at pretty low dosage for 6months. i liked and would do it gain.

BUT there is a whole HGH protocol where guys blast all weeks dose in 1 injection per week. So they would take like 20iu 1x per week instead of 4iu a day

this speaks to the natural growth "spurts" that you have when you are in puberty growing ...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I am lucky the lethargy isn't bad for me. But my feet are killing me! All swollen and hurty and shit. lol ow!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take mine in the late afternoon or evening. Even on the 2iu that I take if I do it in the morning I need a damn nap.

noobmuscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good read guys. I am still researching the old fountain of youth myself... thanks for starting this thread stud.

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score

yes i read that article too, but i wasnt feeling it. id rather do it daily. 5 on 2 off

CLSMTH700

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah i get drowsy too especially if i eat too soon

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this actually makes a lot of sense. I take mine at night right before bed just because i hate feeling lethargic lo. That's about as technical as I've gotten with it.
Sounding even better. Off the sleeping meds but not sleeping yet. This could be the secret.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At the moment I'm injecting Rips 4 iu's right after my workout, then I wait 30 min to eat my carbs.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Damn thats a lot, i done 5 ui a day and couldnt handle the sidds, specially hand numbness, and had to split is twice a day. Cant imagine 20. Id be ded

Z

Zeek

Not every hgh thread needs an old fart chiming in since much of this stuff is opinion based.

With that said as long as you are actually taking hgh, life is good! ;)

but damn I could talk about blasting! Attempting to mimick puberty and whether or not our body continues to produce gh when we inject it from the outside.

New Threads