Fact or Fiction?

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I keep reading about enlarged hearts from AAS use. Do you think this is something else blown out of proportion by the media? Has anyone had an EKG or scans of their heart before and after AAS use? We have all heard than an enlarged heart is typical for bodybuilders, so maybe AAS doesn't have as much to do with it as once thought. What has been your experience?

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It only gives you more capacity for LOVE my brother ;)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If not directly from the aas then I would say that due to the increase in BP. If your BP goes up the heart works harder. We know that when you work a muscle it grows.

Also in studies I'm sure that they do not separate steroid abuser and steroid user.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have an enlarged heart due to really high blood pressure spikes after my shoulder surgery in jan 11,im on 2 BP meds to keep my bp in check and i really havet to watch mine while using

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Idk bout been enlarged, but i had ekgs done on and off cycle, and when kn cycle it always shows as abnormal. Off cycle is normal. The doc says is ok. It migh be the crazy pumps from the dbol/winni only cycles.

Reaction score
Autopsies show enlarged liver and heart on deceased heavy aas users.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have an enlarged heart due to really high blood pressure spikes after my shoulder surgery in jan 11,im on 2 BP meds to keep my bp in check and i really havet to watch mine while using
It's called a big heart!!! Cause you just love everyone and had to make room for all of us in your heart. My man.