Stairmaster for Cardio

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
So I incorporating cardio sessions in my training regimen as instructed my coach and lemme tell you

This thing here;
Screenshot_20210218-224639_Gallery.jpg

Has been kicking my fukN azz

I'm suppose to be doing 45min-1hr 6days week and can only last about 30-35 minutes.

My legs are always sizzling and I can feel my breathing getting better.

Anyone use these type of stairmasters before?

Shxt beats all those other cardio machines by far....

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
Can a mod delete that bottom pic,
Idk how to unattach a thumbnail
I hate sideways pics:32 (9): ....

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I yes, I call that "the stairway to nowhere"! Lol. When I was getting ready to go hiking at elevation in Peru, I spent 60 min at least 3 days per week on one of those.

Setting it on an interval program, like random hills helps break it up. The Pyramid one is pretty brutal.

Podcasts help a lot, because it gets SO boring!

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
That looks and sounds miserable JT

At what heart rate is he expecting you to be at for an hour on that torture device?

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
I yes, I call that "the stairway to nowhere"! Lol. When I was getting ready to go hiking at elevation in Peru, I spent 60 min at least 3 days per week on one of those.

Setting it on an interval program, like random hills helps break it up. The Pyramid one is pretty brutal.

Podcasts help a lot, because it gets SO boring!

I usually set mine up on the manual setting and alternate between 30-35 steps per min; shxt goes all the way up to 99 steps per min

Also it has a fat burning mode that alternates speeds in time intervals
and goes up to level 20 but trust a level 3 or 4 is sufficient enough

There's a few other modes but those 2 seem to be the best for me

That looks and sounds miserable JT

At what heart rate is he expecting you to be at for an hour on that torture device?

130 bpm but I honestly don't even monitor that....I know I was at/around 120 tonight the few times I looked tonight but I mostly focus on my phone playing Netflix to keep me distracted from the slight pain of constant stepping lol

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Also it has a fat burning mode that alternates speeds in time intervals

That just sounds terrible. I hate how intimidated I am by that dmn machine. Why am I so damn high up in the air? If my shoelace gets caught, will the origin of my missing foot be worse than an escalator story?

130 bpm but I honestly don't even monitor that....I know I was at/around 120 tonight the few times I looked tonight but I mostly focus on my phone playing Netflix to keep me distracted from the slight pain of constant stepping lol

That's really good cardio condition mate. I'd be at 130 after 10 steps lol.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Idk whts worse?
The step climber,
Or assault bike?
Been doing fasted cardio for the last 2wks,
Before work! Enduring but beneficial!!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I love that thing. Truly I hate it but love the feeling afterwards. My record is 114 stories in twenty minutes. Then I feel like Im gonna die for several minutes. Its definitely great cardio.

Similarly, for low impact long duration cardio, I think putting a regular treadmill on the steepest elevation and just walking is the way to go.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Idk whts worse?
The step climber,
Or assault bike?
Been doing fasted cardio for the last 2wks,
Before work! Enduring but beneficial!!

Assault Bike. You can really fukk yourself up good on it. Can't replicate that on a stairmill.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio is the only way to a beautiful body

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
We have one in our gym at home. Most hated best piece of cardio equipment ever made. Mrs. BRICKS is an absolute beast on that. I used to do sprints on it, 30-60 seconds at max (162 steps per minute)/ rest 30-60 seconds. Until the day the set screw on the clutch worked it's way out. At full speed the stairs went flat. Very bad day for me in the gym. Now I mostly look at it and use the treadmill and bike.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
shame you don’t have cctv recording that because that would of been funny to see. Bet the house shook

We have one in our gym at home. Most hated best piece of cardio equipment ever made. Mrs. BRICKS is an absolute beast on that. I used to do sprints on it, 30-60 seconds at max (162 steps per minute)/ rest 30-60 seconds. Until the day the set screw on the clutch worked it's way out. At full speed the stairs went flat. Very bad day for me in the gym. Now I mostly look at it and use the treadmill and bike.

New Threads