SPORTS: You play, watch, coach, cheer or aspire?

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell us about you... do you or did you play sports? Any sport? Favorite sport - least favorite sport?

Do your kids play sports? Whats your favorite team?

If you do/did play competitively what did you play and what position? How far did you get? Set any records?

I played competitive football up until a very high level and made a choice not to pursue a pro career for many reasons but it was a reality/possibility for me. I was a defensive end / weak side tackle and LOVED to knock the PISS out of people!!! I still wish I could play because I miss that feeling. >:)

Do you feel passionate about any sport? Even if it is not something most would consider a sport... Do tell here!

ALL ARE WELCOME TO POST!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im a Nascar freak for the last 22 years and I love the NFL

Get Some

Reaction score
I played professional baseball for a few years before consecutive injuries forced my retirement. Currently I play pro golf on a mini-tour. I love watching just about any sport, but my favorites are baseball, football, basketball, golf, and hockey.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am a MLB baseball fan. Can you think of any other sport where I can learn more about gear right now? Favorite team: Yankees

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I played professional baseball for a few years before consecutive injuries forced my retirement. Currently I play pro golf on a mini-tour. I love watching just about any sport, but my favorites are baseball, football, basketball, golf, and hockey.

OK get some... thats it!! We def gonna have to meet up @ my place in palm springs and hit the links... I'm not super good but have been playing since i moved to AZ and getting better (nothing else to do here lol) I can crush it pretty good and got a decent short game but the fairway play is only intermittently satisfactory.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zeek if this changes next yr to whoever is doing best I will be very disappointed in you. NOT that you would do it but I always check to see who likes the recent winners then if they still like them in the off season and when they are not the most popular.

I will make a daring move here and prove my point... my have team is the RAMS! Haven't been really good since 1999/2000 timeframe and after we lost London Fletcher shit just went downhill but I liked them since watching them with my dad while they were an LA team.

I love football Go NY GIANTS!!! thats right bundy, NY Giants ;)

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cowboys fan here... After football it would be boxing.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry brother....I'm also a Coyboys fan. I keep telling myself, one day we will be great again.

I am a resent convert to baseball...go Rangers!

Cowboys fan here... After football it would be boxing.

Get Some

Reaction score
Both Palm Springs and AZ are 2 of the best places to play golf in the world as far as nice courses go. Last time I was in AZ earlier this year I played Talking Stick and McCormick Ranch. Also played out at the Nicklaus Course at PGA West out by Palm Springs this year too.... been dying to go back as that course was amazing! But tough!

OK get some... thats it!! We def gonna have to meet up @ my place in palm springs and hit the links... I'm not super good but have been playing since i moved to AZ and getting better (nothing else to do here lol) I can crush it pretty good and got a decent short game but the fairway play is only intermittently satisfactory.

Solid Snake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i played football and basketball in high school and continued to play basketball for a couple years in college. i play in some city leagues every so often but im not as good as I once was. i lost all touch when i started lifting heavy.

as far as sports i watch, Im from Nebraska so of course im a Cornhusker fan...it's all we got.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did hammer trowing in college. Trained with the national olympic team (of puerto rico), but joined the armed forces before getting to compete in the team. Now im a proffesional towelhead hunter...

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Played baseball and golf my whole life. All star baseball player but ended in high school due to a back injury I got playing football. Same with golf. Played since I was 8. Varsity in high school and placed 3rd in state sr year, 5 sophomore year. Now I just play with my pops for fun. Just got done coaching my little boys coach pitch team last week. I love coaching but it's challenging and time consuming! I'll tell you what though, my 7 yr old has some damn talent on the field and he enjoys it. Probably the most competitive kid I've ever seen too. He could definitely go far if he sticks with it (and I'm not just saying that cuz he's my boy) I'm tougher on him then the other kids and expect more. Just try not to push him too hard so he stays enjoying it and will stick with it.

G

Georgia

Love watching football.

I just got into golf again (haven't played since elementary school...but I was good then)...and I love it. Don't have any clubs yet and some days I will have a nasty right slice that I can't seem to fix. And some days I will hit the ball 250 yards dead straight and finish par and sometimes birdie...mostly bogeys and higher though.

Played at Laurel Valley in Townsend, TN and it is one of the most scenic golf courses ever. Beautiful and $20 to play twilight!!