Anyone else here received the vaccine

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
No, I declined. My company offered us $300 per shot, but I'm not gonna be bribed. If it meant I didn't have to wear a mask, I'd have been first in line.. but I don't get the flu shot and I don't intend on getting this.

Reaction score
My wife and I both got the Moderna vaccines. Be prepared for some side effects. She had a fever for 2 days after the 2nd shot, but wasn't in too bad of shape.

I was in really bad shape (flu like symptoms and fever) for about 4-6 hours after getting the second shot.

That being said, it's still not as bad or unpredictable as getting Covid. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
My parents got Modena first shot with no sides.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
My wife got it.

First one gave her some shoulder PIP for a couple days, second one gave her some mild flu-like symptoms for a couple of days.
Neither was really debilitating.

I'm going to suggest that we try to keep the politics out of this one and just stick to the question at hand.

Last edited:

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
The Moderna vaccine is probably safer than the Pfizer vaccine.

Four cases of Bell’s palsy have been reported in participants who received the Pfizer vaccine.

...and people that got vaccinated are still catching covid.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
My company is offering it, I declined. I'll let others go first.

*plus I think I might've had it already, really need to get an antibody test.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
If it becomes required to cross state lines ill get it ...hopefully it doesn't come to that.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
The Moderna vaccine is probably safer than the Pfizer vaccine.

Four cases of Bell’s palsy have been reported in participants who received the Pfizer vaccine.

...and people that got vaccinated are still catching covid.

That is pretty scary

Reaction score
That is pretty scary

Ok, there is actually no proof that any Covid-19 vaccine caused a case of Bell's Palsy. Considering that millions of doses have been given out, the incidence of Bells Palsy is no different than the incidence in the general population.

Correlation does not equal causation. That means that just because something happened around the same time someone got the vaccine, it does not mean that the vaccine caused the problem.

"Bell’s Palsy and the COVID-19 Vaccine
If Bell’s palsy sounds familiar, you may have seen the disorder in the news alongside the COVID-19 vaccine, as a few participants in the vaccine trial were diagnosed with the disorder. But we’re here to do some medical myth-busting: The incidence level of Bell’s palsy among vaccine recipients is about the same as in the general population. Meaning, you have the same likelihood of developing Bell’s palsy after receiving the vaccine as you do before getting the vaccine."
source: https://thehealthnexus.org/can-the-covid-19-vaccine-cause-bells-palsy-experts-say-no/

A simple google search on this topic shows a whole page of articles debunking these claims.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bel...d-att-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

As far as people still getting Covid after getting the vaccine goes, of course it happens. The vaccines are only known to be 90-95% effective thus far. So there is still a 5-10% chance that someone vaccinated could catch Covid.

That being said, there is also a lot of evidence that shows that people who do catch Covid after being vaccinated, do not develop severe cases.
See:
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...9-vaccine-reduces-viral-load-study--68439/amp

What you actually do need to know, is that in rare cases, like 5 or 6 per million of vaccine doses, people have had severe allergic reactions to the vaccine.

The vaccine ingredients are public knowledge, and if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the vaccine, you should not get it. Here is a list of the Moderna vaccine ingredients:

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid
(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],
cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,
tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

Nope, not paleo. :32 (20):

New Threads