Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wife got both. No issues at all.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
DL, I am personally going to wait this one out since I got Covid and am still kicking...will let a few guinea pigs test it out first :32 (13):

Reaction score
Congrats dude!

It's nice not having to worry as much about catching Covid. Just continue to be really careful until after you get the 2nd shot.

Wifey and I are talking about what trip we're gonna make next now. She was too afraid of airline travel before she got the vaccine.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Congrats dude!

It's nice not having to worry as much about catching Covid. Just continue to be really careful until after you get the 2nd shot.

Wifey and I are talking about what trip we're gonna make next now. She was too afraid of airline travel before she got the vaccine.
I know you keep up on covid, can I still get it after the vaccine? Why would I have to wear a mask when Im vac'd?

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Congrats dude!

I flew several times throughout the pandemic. Caught common colds on two flights last year, but didn’t catch Covid.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I'm still kicking today. There is a drone following me ala Henry Hill, though.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Government says after you get vacc'ed:

-Still can get Covid
-Must continue wearing a mask
-Must continue Social distancing

��

No vaccine is 100% effective. Each of those steps reduces chances of exposure but no one of them is effective enough to stomp this thing out on it's own.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
No vaccine is 100% effective. Each of those steps reduces chances of exposure but no one of them is effective enough to stomp this thing out on it's own.

I'm aware of all that. I was just answering the question that was asked according to the CDC.

Reaction score
I know you keep up on covid, can I still get it after the vaccine? Why would I have to wear a mask when Im vac'd?

The article Skullcrusher posted sums up all of the reasons pretty well:https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/health/covid-vaccinated-infected-wellness/index.html

I don't think this means we will be dealing with a lifetime of mask wearing though. I think a few things are going to have to happen to get mask restrictions lifted.

1. Adequate vaccine distribution - enough of a percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated or at least we get to a point where everyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to get one.

2. Very low infection and hospitalization rates. I don't know what the bar will have to be here to make the politicians happy, but once enough people have been vaccinated or had the virus, the spread will slow significantly.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
The article Skullcrusher posted sums up all of the reasons pretty well:https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/health/covid-vaccinated-infected-wellness/index.html

I don't think this means we will be dealing with a lifetime of mask wearing though. I think a few things are going to have to happen to get mask restrictions lifted.

1. Adequate vaccine distribution - enough of a percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated or at least we get to a point where everyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to get one.

2. Very low infection and hospitalization rates. I don't know what the bar will have to be here to make the politicians happy, but once enough people have been vaccinated or had the virus, the spread will slow significantly.
From what I see, there is no endgoal. They just keep pushing back the goal post. So why even care.

Until we get a concrete endgoal, I say fuk it

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
The video I saw was way back in December...so who knows I guess.

Reaction score
The video I saw was way back in December...so who knows I guess.

The problem with reposting stuff like this, is that you're directly contributing to the misinformation out there. It's not responsible, and you're making people afraid to get vaccines for reasons that are factually inaccurate.

Again, correlation, does not equal causation.

If 40 people got chickenpox within 2 weeks of receiving the vaccine, out of 100k doses administered, it does not mean that the vaccine caused their chickenpox.

"Importantly, the rate of Bell’s palsy in the clinical trials is lower than the overall rate in the general population, they wrote. About 35 per 100,000 people get Bell’s palsy in the U.S. each year, according to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, and about 40,000 Americans are diagnosed annually."
https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...ents-should-be-monitored-for-facial-paralysis

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
The problem with reposting stuff like this, is that you're directly contributing to the misinformation out there. It's not responsible, and you're making people afraid to get vaccines for reasons that are factually inaccurate.

Again, correlation, does not equal causation.

If 40 people got chickenpox within 2 weeks of receiving the vaccine, out of 100k doses administered, it does not mean that the vaccine caused their chickenpox.

"Importantly, the rate of Bell’s palsy in the clinical trials is lower than the overall rate in the general population, they wrote. About 35 per 100,000 people get Bell’s palsy in the U.S. each year, according to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, and about 40,000 Americans are diagnosed annually."

The purpose of me posting that video was to show that my source was old news. Not factually inaccurate, just outdated. Not misinformation if the FDA was monitoring for it. Even the CDC website mentions Bell's palsy.

Don't get panties in a twist...

Reactions: Jin

New Threads