Solitude

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
I think what you seek lies inside not outside. Fasting can bring you closer, I think a controlled LSD admin would prob be the fastest route.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Im not sure how many weekends I spend alone at my cabin hunting, fishing, just climbing mtns etc in a year but it’s a lot. It’s my favorite time in life.

Drove to Arizona from Atlanta once to hunt alone for a week. Quite an adventure.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I think what you seek lies inside not outside. Fasting can bring you closer, I think a controlled LSD admin would prob be the fastest route.

Everything lies inside. Taking away all the distractions from the outside helps focus on the inside.

Fasting. Yes.
Mediation. Yes.
LSD. Yes.

All these are great tools. Drugs require the least effort. “Beware of unearned wisdom”. In other words, drugs with zero additional inner work might not yield positive results.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
There is something to be said for getting out in the middle of nature with nobody else around.

The older and wiser I become the more I seem to love it and benefit from it.

Serenity.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I enjoy my alone time or time spent with my wife and no distractions. I get up at 1:30am every morning, take my quiet time onto my training and then can relax a bit before she ever wakes.

i enjoy my outdoor time immensely, I am a hunter and spend at least a week in the mountains every Spring, Fall and Winter.
i am a Heavy introvert and don’t need a lot of social interaction to be happy.
I need my wife, weights and a few vials of test and I am pretty happy

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I enjoy my alone time or time spent with my wife and no distractions. I get up at 1:30am every morning, take my quiet time onto my training and then can relax a bit before she ever wakes.

i enjoy my outdoor time immensely, I am a hunter and spend at least a week in the mountains every Spring, Fall and Winter.

I score extreme introvert on personality tests.

And I am.

But I do value human relationships as that is what I think, ultimately, is one of the the most important things in life.

I enjoy connecting deeply with a smaller group of people.

My cup runs empty pretty quickly when exposed too much to those I don’t already have a strong connection with. After that I’m done. Done with people. Done with the day. Done. Done. Done.

That was one reason I needed to go off by myself.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I make it a point to disconnect throughout the day. It starts first thing in the morning; I'm up before anyone. No TV, no radio and I won't touch my cell phone until I am ready to leave for work. I don't do social media so I'm not getting my phone light up with notifications that someone posted a pic of yesterday's snowfall. After the gym, my phone goes on vibrate and stays in the kitchen, I eat and put on a movie for the wife and I to watch.

I try to have my phone with me if needed. If I'm outside doing yard work and everyone is home, I don't need it so it stays in the house. Now if the wife or young men go out, I pocket it incase they need me in an emergency. I will take my phone with me while hunting or fishing but the word gets put out, don't bother me unless its important.

Last Saturday I did my usual; out of bed, 30 min of stretching and 3 hr in the gym. Came in, showered and ate. By this time it was 2:00 and no one was downstairs. I grabbed a big mug of coffee, put my feet up on the window sill and just looked outside. Probably there for 20 min or so until the wife come down. She asked, "What are you doing?" I replied "nothing". She couldn't wrap her mind around it.

My point is I personally don't need an entire day or week to disconnect. I found doing a little detaching throughout the day goes a long way.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Im not sure how many weekends I spend alone at my cabin hunting, fishing, just climbing mtns etc in a year but it’s a lot. It’s my favorite time in life.

Drove to Arizona from Atlanta once to hunt alone for a week. Quite an adventure.

I didn’t know u were based in ATL too

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score

Would u say most of ur college competition wrestlers were introverts too? Just curious as to whether these types of people excel at solo sports.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score

The wife and I do 2 LSD trips a year...we are actually partaking tomorrow night. It's remarkable how the trip brings you closer together..not just during but for months after...little off Jin's topic but thought I'd share

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
The wife and I do 2 LSD trips a year...we are actually partaking tomorrow night. It's remarkable how the trip brings you closer together..not just during but for months after...little off Jin's topic but thought I'd share

Fackin awesome

There was a documentary done on terminal illness patients and LSD admin to cope. Was incredible

Grinch

Reaction score
Aristotle has some good words on solitude.

Growing up my pops and I would take a yearly trip to a state park called savage gulf. We would spend a couple of weeks hiking, eating dried food, and finding water to treat or boil or catch during a storm. Miss that time away from the world with him.

This past year I sometimes go a week or more without any human interaction. It's not healthy at this point though. I think solitude in nature is incredible. Natural.
Solitude indoors is prison.
I dont play video games and my time has been spent with my property, my tarantulas, oil paint, charcoal, music, wrenching, weights, food, education, and planning.
Humanity still blows but, if you cant beat them....

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Humanity is the most tragic thing existence has ever known.

It’s also the most beautiful.

Half my days I share your sentiments. The other half I have hope.

My thoughts exactly. The only species on earth that are actively destroying it and not even giving a shit.

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t think I will ever go as far as finding myself in the wilds alone like some of you guys in this thread. But like most people I have an immense phone addiction. I really need to dial that down. It’s really bad for you.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don’t think I will ever go as far as finding myself in the wilds alone like some of you guys in this thread. But like most people I have an immense phone addiction. I really need to dial that down. It’s really bad for you.

You guys have given me some ideas.

I would love to loose my cell phone for a couple of weeks

24 hours once a week to rest and unplug. It’s life giving. Here’s my thread on my family’s practice.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/33507-The-beauty-of-Shabbat?highlight=Shabbat

New Threads