body recomposition

Reaction score
hi guys i'm trying to organize 10 weeks more or less of feeding for a body recomposition, it would take a personal trainer to tell me what to eat and how much to eat every day, but right now i'm not working and i can't afford to pay a professional so i I have to arrange by myself.

I wanted to know if any of you can help me in this maybe if you know a link where I can find a nice card ready to follow, maybe there is an old post where everything is ready both what to eat and the training to follow, if someone can direct me or link something useful I would be really grateful.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What's your height and weight? Bodyfat %? How often do you train? What style of training? Do you know your current maintenance calorie level?

1bigun11

Elite
Reaction score
You absolutely do not need a personal trainer or nutritionist to succeed at this. Put up a log of your training and meals, and we can tweak it as needed to get you where you want to go.

Reactions: Jin

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Oh, and are you on any AAS?

Reaction score
ok guys thanks for the answers, here is my stats

age 39
height 185
weight 85
fat 20%

I train 5 times a week, at the moment I eat about 1500 kcal...(I'm trying to get some belly off with poor results)
I'd like to gain weight by putting on some lean mass, but at the same time I'd like to get rid of belly fat

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It sounds counterintuitive, but you're eating too few calories. Your body is reacting to the scarcity of food, it thinks there's a famine and starvation and death could happen. It's biology, your body wants to survive, so it's doing everything it can to hang onto the precious bodyfat stores. You have nowhere to go. You can't lower calories further.

Sure, you can eventually starve yourself skinny, but I doubt that's the look you want. You need to reset your metabolism, and to do that you need to start INCREASING calories.

Yes, you will gain weight, but if you're training properly only a small percentage will be fat. The majority will be muscle, glycogen, and water. Your body fat percentage could possibly even drop if you do this properly.

Go right to 2,000 calories. No reverse dieting, you've been in a deficit long enough. Stay there until your bodyweight stabilizes, then add another 250 Cals and stay there until it stabilizes. Repeat for awhile until you're at at least 3,000 calories. That's a decent starting point from which to cut down from. And when you do, no drastic drop. Start at a 10% calorie deficit and stay there until the fat loss stalls. Then drop another 10%. Repeat that until it either stops working (like where you are now) or you reach your target.

Eat good nutritious while foods. Lean meats, fish, veggies, potatoes/tubers, etc... Since you're kilos, get about 2.2x your bodyweight in grams of protein. Your hormones production is probably low right now also, so get 75-100g of fats in your diet. Fats are the building blocks of hormones. If the meats you are eating aren't enough to supply that amount of fat, add some olive oil or fish oil. Rest of your Cals in carbohydrate. So right now you're looking at roughly....

2,000 Cals
185g Protein
75g Fats
150g Carbs

As you increase calories, do it with carbohydrates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok bro, to start I say thank you very much for the time you are wasting with me, I really appreciate this so much .. so let's see if I understand correctly ...

from Monday (first week) I will bring calories to 2000 using 185gr of protein 150gr of carbo and 75 of fat and continue this diet for the whole week without variations, is that correct?

second week I raise the calories 2250
third week 2500
fourth week 2750
fifth week 3000

at this point I start cutting and then from the sixth week I cut 10% every week so it should be

sixth week 2700
week week 2400
eighth week 2100
ninth week 1800

more or less if I understand your message I should follow this pattern, if I have to fix something tell me that I correct everything

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
No, too soon. A week is not enough time. Stay at 2,000 until your weight doesn't move anymore. It could be a week, could be a month, time will tell.

Then move up to 2250. Repeat the process.

You will NOT be ready to cut in 6 weeks. I know this is not what you want to hear, but you have to dig yourself out of the hole you're in.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
CJ has you covered. Another thing, you're not wasting anyone's time. I read what you wrote and you got some good advice. Just make sure you do your cardio while increase any cals. That may sound counterproductive but it works. Make sure you spread out that 185g of protein too.

Reaction score
ok guys I'm in no hurry so I have plenty of time to follow your advice to the letter .. now I would like to understand one more thing, which is a doubt I have, when I increase the calories and then I go from 2000 to 2250, or when I switch from 2250 to 2500, of course I have to increase both protein and carbo and fat, so if I start from 2000 calories with 185gr of pro, 75 fat and 150 carbs, when it comes time to go up and increase the calories, how should I increase the macronutrients? i hope you understand what i mean and i hope you can understand my english which i'm sure it's shit :) but i speak little english

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
When you increase your calories, try to do it with carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates are fuel for your muscles, and supply the energy needed to grow new muscle. Creating new muscle uses a lot of energy.

Reaction score
ok so the proteins will always remain, throughout this journey always 185gr and the fats 75gr ?

one last thing, is there a site or a link or a post where there are examples of ready-made diets? eg 2000 diet 2500 diet etc etc, so that I know exactly what to eat

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
ok so the proteins will always remain, throughout this journey always 185gr and the fats 75gr ?

Try to keep them there, yes. If they go up a small amount, it's not going to ruin the plan.

Don't try to be 100% accurate, ±10% on the macros is fine, it's the calories that you want to get pretty close.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you do this right, you should look better and better as your calories increase and you build your metabolism back up. Which brings us to training.

Tell us your program. What are you doing each day? How many sets and reps? What is your plan for progression?

Reaction score
I plan to train 4 or 5 times a week with weights, 4 exercises per muscle group of 10/12 reps, 40 minute sessions, followed by 20 minutes of cardio at the end

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I plan to train 4 or 5 times a week with weights, 4 exercises per muscle group of 10/12 reps, 40 minute sessions, followed by 20 minutes of cardio at the end

If you ever need help with it, feel free to ask. Good luck, keep us updated, and stay involved here in the forums!!!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Sounds like a good start. Nothing is ever written in stone so modify as you go. Enjoy what you're about to do, there's no reason to be miserable doing this.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
CJ has you on the right track here. You would need about a month or so to track before tweeking.

First thing is to track your calories and managing your macros if you haven't been doing that.

Second would be finding you TDEE and using it as a guide to figure out how many calories your body needs then adjusting up or down but watching your weight and looking at yourself in the mirror.

I still say that the "My Fitness pal" app is great for tracking calories.

Reaction score
hi guys here I am again here I just wanted to update my situation, in the meantime I thank all of you because thanks to you I'm fine now I have much more strength I see myself well in the mirror I really want to do I want to train everything seems to be fine, that old diet so low in calories it was killing me, now everything is fine from 2 weeks i'm at 3600 kcal, and i feel super .. i want to keep 3600 still for another two weeks, and in 2 weeks start cutting 10% so it should be in this way

1 week 3600
2 week 3600
3 week 3300
4 week 3000
5 week 2700
6 week 2400
7 week 2100

arrived at this point in the seventh week with 2100 kcal what should I do? do i have to stay on 2100? do i have to increase again? do I have to go down again? I just want some advice on what to do when I get to the seventh week

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
hi guys here I am again here I just wanted to update my situation, in the meantime I thank all of you because thanks to you I'm fine now I have much more strength I see myself well in the mirror I really want to do I want to train everything seems to be fine, that old diet so low in calories it was killing me, now everything is fine from 2 weeks i'm at 3600 kcal, and i feel super .. i want to keep 3600 still for another two weeks, and in 2 weeks start cutting 10% so it should be in this way

1 week 3600
2 week 3600
3 week 3300
4 week 3000
5 week 2700
6 week 2400
7 week 2100

arrived at this point in the seventh week with 2100 kcal what should I do? do i have to stay on 2100? do i have to increase again? do I have to go down again? I just want some advice on what to do when I get to the seventh week

Don't drop the calories until you stall out. You could potentially go several weeks at a calorie level while still losing adequate weight. No need to punish yourself more quickly than you need to.