spinal osteoarthritis and DECA

Reaction score
Has anyone used or has knowledge of DECA being used to treat spinal osteoarthritis?

Osteoarthritis of the spine is a breakdown of the cartilage of the joints and discs in the neck and lower back.
Sometimes, osteoarthritis produces spurs that put pressure on the nerves leaving the spinal column. This can cause weakness and pain in the arms or legs.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
All I know is that 8 months ago I couldn't bench press or squat due to osteoarthritis in my shoulder and knees and now I can do both and I give credit to the deca. For some reason it hasn't done much for my elbows though where I do happen to have spurs. It's definitely not going to get rid of the spurs so if that's the main issue I think you're screwed, but for the cartilage it could possibly help. You also may want to think about collagen peptides, especially type 2.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it’s a degenerative condition that you just can’t reverse... at least not to my knowledge. Deca may mask the effects to a certain extent, but it’s not going to regrow the cartilage.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Hey Brother
Same thing I said before

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
with osteoarthritis, the goal is to prevent further destruction and reduce pain and inflammation:
--for severe cases, the field of joint replacement has completely changed the game!
--This study of DECA, and others are a MUST read if you are interested....(this is how you grow your knowledge base):

Nandrolone decanoate relieves joint pain in hypogonadal men: a novel prospective pilot study and review of the literature (nih.gov)

--Supplements like chicken and bovine collagen of Type 1, 2, 3, (there are 16 types and diseases we had to memorize in Medicine) have shown promising results in studies, and certainly from the clients I work with...hydroxylysine/proline and the other ingredients, taking it on an empty stomach at night, are important.
This was an interesting article on this>
**Collagen: ‘Fountain of Youth’ or Edible Hoax? (webmd.com)

---Other supplements, there collagen condr., HD fish oils to help reduce systemic inflammation, I have also heard good things, but none of this is a cure by any means. These generally accomplish what I stated at the very beginning.
---Keep in mind, Steroids DO increase INFLAMMATION, so mega dosing while trying to heal joints is not what the doctor ordered. Read research link above.

Best,
MuscleMedicineMD

Last edited:

MuscleMedicineMD

Reaction score
Has no one taken the time to read these excellent sources of knowledge, im shocked..lol
The deca study gives you lots to think about regardless if you care about AO

New Threads