Losing fat

Reaction score
As ladies keeping fit and looking very good is an important key especially in our relationships or marriages , we don't want to be looking grumpy less being looked down upon and also loosing men of our dreams so let's continue to exercise

Reaction score
As ladies keeping fit and looking very good is an important key especially in our relationships or marriages , we don't want to be looking grumpy less being looked down upon and also loosing men of our dreams so let's continue to exercise
Mimi it is good to keep driving to feel better. But a real man especially a man of your dreams is the person that is with you because of there personality, smarts and caring hearts they have, are they going to be a great mother and a loyal partner.. I have been with my wife 28 yrs and never once have I ever said to her she should change the way she looks for me. If she has it has been for herself and to feel better about herself. If she feels uncomfortable about something I try and change it and not matter what I always tell her how good she looks and how much I love her. Love is unconditional...

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Mimi it is good to keep driving to feel better. But a real man especially a man of your dreams is the person that is with you because of there personality, smarts and caring hearts they have, are they going to be a great mother and a loyal partner.. I have been with my wife 28 yrs and never once have I ever said to her she should change the way she looks for me. If she has it has been for herself and to feel better about herself. If she feels uncomfortable about something I try and change it and not matter what I always tell her how good she looks and how much I love her. Love is unconditional...

Is this a bodybuilding site or Dear Abbey?

Reaction score
Thats so nice and encouraging but not all of us are lucky to have a good man like your wife...

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score

I disagree. When you marry someone who's 95 lbs and your friends say "well, you'll never have to worry about her getting fat", and then 20 yrs later they're 250 and eat more than you do it's very discouraging. Also, I didn't necessarily marry my wife because of her personality. She was hot and her personality was fine, but not the reason I married her. I've busted my ass for 43 yrs and for the past year have been sacrificing tasty treats so if I can do it she can forego her ice cream after large dinner habit and at the least stop the upward weight spiral.

Last edited:

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score

Is this suppose to be an intro post?
Kinda weird ngl 😕

Reaction score
Is this a bodybuilding site or Dear Abbey?
I can’t be a Iron Clanking, PR Breaking, Protein Drinking, Carb Pounding, Wildman all the time. I have a soft side as well.
So if you know anyone else with problems tell them to PM me. I will do my best to help..

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only reason I’ll keep my mouth shut with my wife n eating is when pregnant

Otherwise when things get out of hand I’ll say something mild......in not going to be mean or rough......our 1st ten years together we went to gym 5 days a week

She instantly will jump on me weed related. We all have our vices

But you should be loved/wanted for who you are.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Only reason I’ll keep my mouth shut with my wife n eating is when pregnant

Otherwise when things get out of hand I’ll say something mild......in not going to be mean or rough......our 1st ten years together we went to gym 5 days a week

She instantly will jump on me weed related. We all have our vices

But you should be loved/wanted for who you are.

Does love and attraction not correlate together or can a dude love his woman the same but lose attraction if say she gained weight? Curious how you dudes work. :)

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Love and attraction do correlate, and while I agree with Jin, I also have another take on it.

If the person you met and fell in love with was very fitness minded and made that a priority in their life, but after you get married or years into the relationship stops being that way, and lets it all go, then they aren't the same person. I'm not talking about legitimate health reasons, I mean her choice to not do so anymore.

I don't want to be with someone who only wants to be fit to get a man; I would feel misled if that happened. I keep myself fit and I want a partner who does the same.

There would be a line for me.

Does love and attraction not correlate together or can a dude love his woman the same but lose attraction if say she gained weight? Curious how you dudes work. :)

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

I think it's like a venn diagram. You can love someone and not be attracted to them anymore, for whatever reason. And you most definitely can be attracted to someone and not love them.

You just hope to be where the circles overlap.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score

Well I'm a senior citizen so it's likely way different than a younger couple but at my age my love for my wife is more like any family member. I love her but I'm not 'in love' with her. It's more of a partnership now, and actually I guess it has been for quite some time. But to answer your question more specifically, no.... love and attraction do not necessarily correlate.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
speak for yourself. I just keep getting better looking each year. Its like a reverse curse

They correlate.

But love is a choice.

We all get old. Our looks will fade. Then what?

Reactions: Jin

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
this sounds depressing.

This is my wife, well more like roommate. Maybe that is why my great-grandparents slept in different rooms....

Well I'm a senior citizen so it's likely way different than a younger couple but at my age my love for my wife is more like any family member. I love her but I'm not 'in love' with her. It's more of a partnership now, and actually I guess it has been for quite some time. But to answer your question more specifically, no.... love and attraction do not necessarily correlate.

Reactions: Jin

BrotherIron

Reaction score

I don't condone a man or woman letting themselves go once in a relationship. You body is your temple and you should treat it as such. Create the BEST version of yourself. I don't understand how some can be so focused, driven in some aspects of their life like work and yet look like total shit because they neglect their bodies.

And this goes both ways. I have friends who let themselves go and their sig others continued to look the same as when they first met. I hold myself to high standards. If I don't look good why would my wife want me and at the same time if she doesn't look good why would I want her. Neglect shouldn't happen in any facet of our lives.