Home Gymers

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
That’s awesome. A dollar a pound is a deal at least in New England.

Sounds like your going to be all set for a while. I’m jealous.

Bunch of greedy bastards up here!!

Even Dick's bumped them up to $1.70'ish when it used to be about $1, that's when they even have them.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
That’s awesome. A dollar a pound is a deal at least in New England.

Sounds like your going to be all set for a while. I’m jealous.

I lucked out. Saw the post within 10 minutes of it being posted and put a deposit down. Usually they are closer $2/lb

ill probably sell all 4 of the 35s and get another set of 45s. I like having the extra 25s for heavy Db rows.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
I always go to Dicks and get 300lbs with barbell for $300. Can’t beat that lb for lb if you tried to buy the plates anywhere.

quackattack

Reaction score
Yeah it was bad pre covid but now people on craigslist/facebook marketplace are smoking crack. But if there's someone willing to pay it...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Replace with 70lb sand bags from menards for $5 a pop and send me the excess 45s :D

can u not just buy some metal and bolt that sucker down? sorry didnt read all this thread but it can be attached to the flooring?

Reaction score
Honestly, I love my free weights. I have more than I could possibly use in a day. But my money is mostly in my machines. I look for gyms closing or looking to just get rid of some machines.
Ive gotten 3 of those so far. And its every bit worth the grind. Save yourself thousands of dollars and get a renowned gym workout with machines you don't have to be careful with and you wouldn't even want to max it out with such a weight stack. Ya know?

Thewall

Elite
Reaction score
I have had a home gym for years. It is so convenient and there is no excuse to miss the gym. I have found a power rack, lat pull down machine, dip and pull-up set up, bands, and leg extension on one of your benches can accomplish a lot. I have gotten other things over the years but I think those first things I listed are the bread and butter. Also tons of free weight and adjustable dumbbells to start. You can not beat the convenience. I miss the gym atmosphere but it is far too easy to just train in your home.

quackattack

Reaction score
I have had a home gym for years. It is so convenient and there is no excuse to miss the gym. I have found a power rack, lat pull down machine, dip and pull-up set up, bands, and leg extension on one of your benches can accomplish a lot. I have gotten other things over the years but I think those first things I listed are the bread and butter. Also tons of free weight and adjustable dumbbells to start. You can not beat the convenience. I miss the gym atmosphere but it is far too easy to just train in your home.
I completely agree. Actually I could probably go without the lat pull down. I just need to convince the wife to let me spend $2-3K on a home gym. That's the hard part.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I completely agree. Actually I could probably go without the lat pull down. I just need to convince the wife to let me spend $2-3K on a home gym. That's the hard part.
Holy fuk, my home has cost me a total of net $0. I just buy cheap then upgrade constantly. Just lowball all craigslist offers and youll have yourself a gym

Reaction score
I was in a pinch between jobs some years back. I had to sell a lot of my equipment. Among other things. Put it on Craigslist almost everything i sold i took a low ball
offer on. So now that I'm doing better if i see something i want or need i will give them there asking price as long as it's reasonable.
I never really use craigslist anymore though.

New Threads