Feeling discouraged

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
6 days of training, 2600 Cals per day. That's a lot of gym time with not a lot of Cals.

How long since you last took some time off?

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’d suggest starting a log on here to keep track of your diet and training. That would give us a lot more insight.

Go in to more detail on your training.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Four years of binge drinking and doing blow, "beer gut" from all the drinking...you've been a year sober.....Bro, you didn't get in shitty shoe in a short period of time, you're not going to get back to the shoe you want in any short period of time. Your test levels are fine, your diet needs work. 2600 cals is not very much for your age, height, weight and training. From the nu.bers you provided you're around 260 gm carbs, 260 gm protein and 55 fat. Up the carbs to 300 gm and reevaluate in a month. And be patient. Gonna take a while to unfk what you fkd up. Speaking from experience on that last point.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention getting cortisol and thyroid levels checked. Cortisol is extremely catabolic, and some people become sensitive or can over produce cortisol. There are many reasons for elevated cortisol besides being over trained. Sluggish or hyper-active thyroid can also make it near impossible to make gains.

I also noticed no one has asked what his training routine is, a sample of his diet on any given day, or even what his current bf% is. I mean he said he works out 6 days a week... but we can't assume he's overtrained without knowing his routine. Knowing diet macro percentages is a good starting point, but as we all know not all carbs/proteins/fats are created equal. It would be good if he could share this detail.

With that said... I personally take 2 week breaks (no exercise) about once every 6 months. I also follow a 40/40/20 diet now, and I make gains. However I also eat 4kcal daily when I'm gaining, and closer to 3kcal when in maintenance, but I also have an absolutely ridiculous metabolism that the majority of people don't have.

New Threads