Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    When you're goal is too look like a superhero
    Your never satisfied!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicwun88 For This Useful Post:

eazy (04-06-2021),Jin (04-04-2021)

Thanks
    I think we all are so aware of our bodies because of our love of training that we can't help but notice perceived flaws. Throw in the constant flood of negativity from all directions be it the news, social media, our coworkers, etc, we're becoming programmed to look for the negative first. I believe another factor is that we all compare ourselves to others when we see someone who has a specific body part of level of conditioning we feel we lack. I'll never forget my therapist reaction when I told him I thought I was small compared to others. Hahaha. But we all get lost in the world of training and bodybuilding that we forget the people we compare ourselves to are usually genetic freaks who do this for a living.

I have always felt I am not muscular or strong enough. But I use that to stay dedicated to training. Focus on your training and goals. And remember this is a long haul process. We all have perceived strengths and weaknesses. Dont let the scale of the tape measure effect your identity of sense of self.
    Last edited by sfw509; 04-04-2021 at 08:38 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sfw509 For This Useful Post:

MrInsensitive (04-05-2021)

Thanks
    First off Mrinsensitive, I've seen your pics and you are ripped.
    I generally feel pretty good about myself early in the morning when it's just me and a couple skinny guys in the gym. It's when I see them pushing more weight than me I start feeling bad.
    Then about 15min before I leave the bigger guys start coming in and I'm glad it's not tank top weather yet.
    I am the only guy at my gym with a ankle bracelet on and I don't hide it, I wear shorts. **** em if they can't take a joke.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ftf For This Useful Post:

DEADlifter (04-06-2021),The Tater (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by BigSwolePump View Post
    Pretty common.

I, on a daily basis get the "where to you lift" or "how much do you bench" questions from complete strangers but look in the mirror find something wrong with my physique.

When I got 18" arms they were toothpicks so I pushed to 19 inches, my biceps were small so I hit 20's. My goal was 250lbs then it wasn't enough so I pushed for 260lbs and I looked small so I pushed myself over 275 and felt fat so I decided to cut. Dropped to my goal of 250 and I wasn't lean enough so I dropped to 240 and looked skinny. Back to 265 but not happy with the proportion of my quad to hamstring tie in so my legs suck now.

It doesn't end but it keeps me driven. At least I have that...
    BSP, man Iím so glad you said this. Lb for lb my story is a little off but so close to yours, figuratively.
    (just a fancy way of me telling you I do the same sh$* but Iím not near as big as you lol)
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize your own ignorance.

Question of the day: Whatís another word for thesaurus?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrInsensitive For This Useful Post:

BigSwolePump (04-05-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ftf View Post
    First off Mrinsensitive, I've seen your pics and you are ripped.
    I generally feel pretty good about myself early in the morning when it's just me and a couple skinny guys in the gym. It's when I see them pushing more weight than me I start feeling bad.
    Then about 15min before I leave the bigger guys start coming in and I'm glad it's not tank top weather yet.
    I am the only guy at my gym with a ankle bracelet on and I don't hide it, I wear shorts. **** em if they can't take a joke.
    ftf I appreciate you. I really do. Thanks for saying that. I disagree of course. But I appreciate you saying that.

Thanks
    We are all here looking to gain in the physical sense. It's why gyms have mirrors on all of the walls. If we were content, we would not keep pushing forward on this journey. THat being said, you have to at some point see the positive changes and accept them as positive. I for one hate how I look without a shirt, and the pump I feel at the end of a workout like I am the walking Hulk never equates to the image I see looking back in the mirror. We strive to be better, as we should also do on a mental and spirit level also.

Never give up, Never surrender.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GymTeddy For This Useful Post:

DEADlifter (04-06-2021),MrInsensitive (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 744 Posts
    Originally Posted by MrInsensitive View Post
    I seriously think something is wrong with me.
    Why is it, no matter how strong I think I am, no matter what the measuring tape says, I see nothing more than the scrawny little b@#$& staring back at me in the mirror.
    My wife says I need professional help. She calls it ĎAlice in wonderlandí.
    Please tell me this is totally normal and all of us go through this version of body dysmorphia.
    I see all my flaws, more prominently than anyone else ever could.
    I constantly ask ďdo You even liftĒ. I change my clothes sometimes 3x a day because I canít be content with how I look.

Bear in mind, this throws me into a tangent of overzealous exercises and I even count reps while brushing my teeth.....

Just be honest, am I super weird? Or do we all have these days?

yup super duper f^&*in weird tbh.....counting reps while u brush ur teeth? hope ur joking, if not go run a few miles to clear ur head.....

hahaha.....

we aall have issues bro or we wouldnt be here!!!

but i also lost all my muscle and am in a depressed state, and need my trt back....so there's that

but i am never satisfied with anything about myself.....
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

"Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j2048b For This Useful Post:

Mind2muscle (04-05-2021),MrInsensitive (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,144 Times in 2,043 Posts
    Correct me if Iím wrong German, but Iíve read within female BB circles, itís a lot worse. Is this true?
    I'm asking because Iím curious if this is totally mental, or hormonal?

Bigorexia... wow that really is a thing. Thanks Manny.
    I wouldn't know. I don't have friends. I am just speaking about myself.

If I'm not getting a pump while scrubbing my teeth then I am not brushing hard enough.

We are all fuking weird. I would say bigorexia is very common among us all.

I would say it's a combination of both hormones and mentality. I'm at my absolute lowest again. It sucks down here. But without struggle, how do you become better?
    Well, to be fair...
    I'm addicted to swallowing GUM.
    It's All For The 'Gram.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to German89 For This Useful Post:

Blusoul24 (04-05-2021),DEADlifter (04-06-2021),Jin (04-05-2021),Mind2muscle (04-05-2021),MrInsensitive (04-06-2021),The Tater (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by German89 View Post
    I wouldn't know. I don't have friends. I am just speaking about myself.

If I'm not getting a pump while scrubbing my teeth then I am not brushing hard enough.

We are all fuking weird. I would say bigorexia is very common among us all.

I would say it's a combination of both hormones and mentality. I'm at my absolute lowest again. It sucks down here. But without struggle, how do you become better?
    I didn’t wanna mention that but since you did, I’ll say; I have no friends either. Some acquaintances I’ve known for some time, but no real friends. Not like I use to when I was in my 20’s.

I'm at least content knowing we all deal with this kind of thing. I’m glad I posted this.
    I appreciate everyone who engaged.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrInsensitive For This Useful Post:

Blusoul24 (04-06-2021),German89 (04-06-2021),JackDMegalomaniac (04-06-2021),Jin (04-06-2021),Mind2muscle (04-06-2021),permabulker (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,361 Posts
    I didn’t wanna mention that but since you did, I’ll say; I have no friends either. Some acquaintances I’ve known for some time, but no real friends. Not like I use to when I was in my 20’s.

I'm at least content knowing we all deal with this kind of thing. I’m glad I posted this.
    Fascinating thread OP. Having just read back through it, I think about some things that are not related to training. The mind is an incredible and dangerous thing. I won't go on and on about this like I could, but will give you an example of two things that drive me crazy.

1. I have some sort of identic memory. It's great for regurgitating things I've read or remembering things at work. It allows me to be disorganized as fuk but still get my job done. It also haunts the shit out of me. Very often things I did as far back as 25 years ago will come crashing in and my only coping mechanism is I will say out loud, involuntary "I wanna go home". ****ing weird, right?

2. I will be 42 this year. I am very happily married. Some times I still size myself up and wonder if I am good enough for my first love who I have not spoken to in 20 years.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DEADlifter For This Useful Post:

German89 (04-06-2021),j2048b (04-06-2021),Mind2muscle (04-06-2021),permabulker (04-06-2021),Uncle manny (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    I don't have issues with how big or skinny I look; after all I've accepted my genetic limits in regards to size.

What I do have problems with are looking at myself, and always wanting to adjust proportions. I'm the only one who notices these things... so I'm pretty sure I have some form of body dysmorphia. I wouldn't be surprised if most of us do. To be honest it doesn't bother me, and I just make sure to not make comments to the very few friends or family I have (none of them lift) so that they don't start lecturing me.
    Last edited by Send0; 04-06-2021 at 08:14 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Send0 For This Useful Post:

permabulker (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 934 Posts
    I call it the Circus Mirror Syndrome.
    There are 2 kinds of pain in life... The pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Your choice...

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrotherIron For This Useful Post:

Blusoul24 (04-06-2021),CJ275 (04-06-2021),German89 (04-06-2021),Jin (04-06-2021),Mind2muscle (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mind2muscle View Post
    This has been me for as long as I can remember. I sometimes too change clothes a couple times a day because ďthey make me look small.Ē I am not big like a lot of you mofos. Heaviest Iíve ever been is around 206 but I started out at 145. Everyone who knows me tells me Iím a big guy and yea I guess thatís true compared to the average overweight male. But i still see a scrawny teenager in the mirror. But this is what continues to drive me day in and day out.
    I feel this exactly. Started lifting at age 24, 135lbs 5í10. Now about 210 and still feel perpetually skinny, with the occasional stomach (which is so foreign).

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dted23 For This Useful Post:

Mind2muscle (04-06-2021)

Senior Member JackDMegalomaniac's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DEADlifter View Post
    Fascinating thread OP. Having just read back through it, I think about some things that are not related to training. The mind is an incredible and dangerous thing. I won't go on and on about this like I could, but will give you an example of two things that drive me crazy.

1. I have some sort of identic memory. It's great for regurgitating things I've read or remembering things at work. It allows me to be disorganized as fuk but still get my job done. It also haunts the shit out of me. Very often things I did as far back as 25 years ago will come crashing in and my only coping mechanism is I will say out loud, involuntary "I wanna go home". ****ing weird, right?

2. I will be 42 this year. I am very happily married. Some times I still size myself up and wonder if I am good enough for my first love who I have not spoken to in 20 years.

I had those reoccuring thoughts multiple times per day, where Id curse outloud. but if you just think about them (how they werent that awful) theyll stop.
    "Speak loudly, and carry a little stick"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to JackDMegalomaniac For This Useful Post:

Blusoul24 (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    I would have to say that the lack of body dysmorphia is a much more severe issue, especially here in the Divided States of America where merely calling someone fat can get you a ban on social media.

Being unhappy with the way you look or the way you perform is the best driver a person can have IMO. Never being satisfied keeps you reaching for more.

A much bigger issue that I see on a daily here is the Obese States of America is the amount of people who praise fat, overweight, unhealthy people as being beautiful.

The new term "thick" really means FAT but we don't want to hurt the lazy slobs who can't cook because their mom sucked and lack discipline because their father either left or sat his fat ass on the couch all day instead of teaching them how to take care of themselves so McDonalds is their kitchen.

What is even worse here in the Obese capital of the world, is that men here are so surrounded by the sloppy cellulite carriers that they are now beginning to accept them and actually find them attractive. Hell, some of those poor bastards marry them. Meanwhile the poor women who actually take care of themselves, eat healthy, workout and stay in shape are "too skinny" or my favorite for the athletic women, "too manly"...god forbid that they choose to work hard to stay healthy and burn fat rather than carry it.
    while thereís no denying being fat is unhealthy. Letís be honest neither is injecting god knows what to enhance performance and build muscle.

why would you feel the need to call someone fat on social media, does that make you anymore muscular?

it sounds like you just dislike fat people. Which is your business you are entitled to your opinion. but donít act like itís about health. I find it strange on a thread about body acceptance where everyone here is saying they dislike their body you feel the need to complain about the existence of fat people. Im sure the majority of them hate themselves without the comments from you to go with it.

the body positivity movement with overweight people has gone too far.
    but so has the hate for people based on BMI.

mocking people for having cellulite isnít the way either. comment like these are literally the reason why everyone here is never happy.

donít worry about other peopleís weight worry about your own.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to permabulker For This Useful Post:

Blusoul24 (04-06-2021),Jin (04-06-2021),TODAY (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DEADlifter View Post

Dead, you’re NOT fking weird! Stop it! Totally normal... If you’re effin weird, then I am too. And it’s really starting to seem like everyone else is just like us bro. We’ve all got our demons, our dragons and our fears.
    Reading through everyone’s comments, It seems a few more of us needed to hear this.
    Good enough for your first love? Dude, that ship sailed! SHE wasn’t qualified, are you kidding? She lost that chance. You’re exactly where you’re supposed to be and with her whom you’re supposed to be with. The ‘first love’ ain’t got shit on this woman you’re happily married with now. You wanna know how I know that? Because she stuck around! She kept grinding through all the ups and downs and she’s riding shotgun right beside you as we speak. That’s why! Forget the has been who never was. You’re out of her league, now LOVE your wife like that other chick dreams about.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrInsensitive For This Useful Post:

Blusoul24 (04-06-2021),permabulker (04-06-2021),white ape (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    I would have to say that the lack of body dysmorphia is a much more severe issue, especially here in the Divided States of America where merely calling someone fat can get you a ban on social media.

Being unhappy with the way you look or the way you perform is the best driver a person can have IMO. Never being satisfied keeps you reaching for more.

A much bigger issue that I see on a daily here is the Obese States of America is the amount of people who praise fat, overweight, unhealthy people as being beautiful.

The new term "thick" really means FAT but we don't want to hurt the lazy slobs who can't cook because their mom sucked and lack discipline because their father either left or sat his fat ass on the couch all day instead of teaching them how to take care of themselves so McDonalds is their kitchen.

What is even worse here in the Obese capital of the world, is that men here are so surrounded by the sloppy cellulite carriers that they are now beginning to accept them and actually find them attractive. Hell, some of those poor bastards marry them. Meanwhile the poor women who actually take care of themselves, eat healthy, workout and stay in shape are "too skinny" or my favorite for the athletic women, "too manly"...god forbid that they choose to work hard to stay healthy and burn fat rather than carry it.
    Soy. The issue is Soy.
    Well, to be fair...
    It's All For The 'Gram.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to German89 For This Useful Post:

BigSwolePump (04-06-2021),MrInsensitive (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,012 Times in 744 Posts

its odd as a youngster or while serving u got mad friends....as we age, they all seem to disappear, even if we make an effort in my case anyways, they seem to get lazy reciprocating the friendship, so eventually u just stop talking to them.... but as we age we prolly become weirdos anyways hahaha, i know im different than i was back then,

i guess its part of life, but i miss the camaraderie, the the challenge and the push we give each other....not the same on these interwebs...
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

"Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j2048b For This Useful Post:

DEADlifter (04-06-2021),German89 (04-06-2021),MrInsensitive (04-06-2021),Send0 (04-06-2021),The Tater (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,692 Times in 7,985 Posts

I know from first hand experience that many of us have 0-1 friends. Lots of lone wolves on UG. Another reason why I take seriously the well being of this board: for many it’s a critical part of their entire social construct.

You are not entitled to your opinion.
    You are entitled to your informed opinion.
    No one is entitled to be ignorant.

He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked.Ē Ė Voltaire

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

DEADlifter (04-06-2021),Mind2muscle (04-06-2021),MrInsensitive (04-06-2021),permabulker (04-06-2021),Send0 (04-06-2021),white ape (04-06-2021)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    its odd as a youngster or while serving u got mad friends....as we age, they all seem to disappear, even if we make an effort in my case anyways, they seem to get lazy reciprocating the friendship, so eventually u just stop talking to them.... but as we age we prolly become weirdos anyways hahaha, i know im different than i was back then,

i guess its part of life, but i miss the camaraderie, the the challenge and the push we give each other....not the same on these interwebs...
    Just life. We change. They change. Grow together. Or grow apart.
    Well, to be fair...
    It's All For The 'Gram.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to German89 For This Useful Post:

MrInsensitive (04-06-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast