Hello and thank you

Reaction score
Hello I am new here so sorry for my posts to the wrong spots and such. I'm Ken I'm 49 from Texas .I got back into bodybuilding a little over a year ago I workout 4 days a week m-th.2.5-3 hrs a day . I appreciate any tips or help I get to try and achieve the goals I've set for myself so thank you in advance for any help I receive.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hello I am new here so sorry for my posts to the wrong spots and such. I'm Ken I'm 49 from Texas .I got back into bodybuilding a little over a year ago I workout 4 days a week m-th.2.5-3 hrs a day . I appreciate any tips or help I get to try and achieve the goals I've set for myself so thank you in advance for any help I receive.

Welcome! Tell us about your current status: lifts, physique and future goals.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG Ken,

First order of business.... What the hell are you doing in the gym that takes 2.5 to 3 hours? I'm sure you have other shit to do, so share with us what you're doing, and maybe collectively we can take a few steps toward optimizing it for you.

Reaction score
I'm a brick Mason /handyman by trade for the last 30 years . And I feel like I workout pretty hard for the time I'm in the gym . I do chest biceps and shoulders mond and wend. I do stomach and neck everyday and end with 30 mins on treadmill for cardio. On Tues and Thurs. I do triceps back and legs lats and

Reaction score
This where I'm at . I've lost 30 lbs in the last year from nothing but working out and watching my diet.

Reactions: CJ

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Starting from a good base man. Way too long in the gym. You can do better work in less time.

CJ is the programming guru

Reaction score
So any suggestions or help from y'all would be greatly appreciated than you

Reaction score
I've been getting faster with my times as far as in between sets and such and have made some recent changes to my trap exercises and damn do those work I can feel the difference already.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I've been getting faster with my times as far as in between sets and such and have made some recent changes to my trap exercises and damn do those work I can feel the difference already.

pro tip: hit “reply with quote” so we know which post you’re referring to.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So any suggestions or help from y'all would be greatly appreciated than you

List the exercises that you do, sets and reps, and on which days. I'm sure we can tighten it up a bit for you.

All your lifting shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so. It's better to have higher quality work in less time, than lesser quality work over longer time. Cardio doesn't count towards that time though.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground!. You've found the right place and CJ can definitely help get you headed more in the direction you are wanting. You've already done the hard part by getting in the gym and pushing yourself. Now it's just time to fine tune what you're doing to achieve your goals.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
List the exercises that you do, sets and reps, and on which days. I'm sure we can tighten it up a bit for you.

All your lifting shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so. It's better to have higher quality work in less time, than lesser quality work over longer time. Cardio doesn't count towards that time though.
Mon and sends. I do flat ,incline and decline bench 4 sets x 12. Then butterflies dumbbell and machine 4 sets x 12 each . Then I do dumbbell raises for shoulder . I do both dumbbells at same time out to the side to up above my neckline then I do each arm separately with dumbbell out front raise then out to side raise all 4 sets x 12 each then I bend over put my head on incline bench and do dumbbell raise out to the sides for 4x 12 then I do knee on bench dumbbell on floor raising it to my chest for 4 x 12 each arm then I do 4 x 12 shoulder press sitting. That's shoulders . Then I move on to my arms biceps that is preacher curl inner and outer grips 4 x 12 each then sitting dumbbell curls separately 4 x 12 then I do standing dumbbell curls 4 x 12 . After that I do my neck on neck machine each way 4 x 12 and move on to stomach leg scissor raises 50 count then leg raise crunches 50 count then 25 decline situps and finish off on crunch machine nordic track type 25 on each side front , left and right and finish up by doing 30 mins on treadmill. That's my Monday and wends. Now on Tues and Thurs I start with tricep rope pulldown 4 x 12 then laying on flat bench with dumbbell behind my head to extension _ x 12 then stand up dumbbell behind my head to extension then knee on bench dumbbell extension backwards type 4 x 12 each arm then back to tricep pulldown short bar for 4 x 12 . I move on to lay pull down 6 sets 4x12 and seated rows 4 x 12 then standing bent over rows with big bar 4x 12 then isometric dumbbell for traps out to side pulled up to my ears and hold for 3 seconds 4 x 12 then onto incline bench on stomach with dumbbells pulled up out to the side and hold for 3 seconds 4 x 12 lastly I take cambered curl bar with close grip and raise to my neck for 4 x 12 that's my traps. Then 4 x 12 deadlifts basically. Onto legs then leg press 4 x 12 leg curls 4 x 12 hamstring curls 4 x 12 finish off with neck machine and stomach then treadmill.

Reaction score
Mon and sends. I do flat ,incline and decline bench 4 sets x 12. Then butterflies dumbbell and machine 4 sets x 12 each . Then I do dumbbell raises for shoulder . I do both dumbbells at same time out to the side to up above my neckline then I do each arm separately with dumbbell out front raise then out to side raise all 4 sets x 12 each then I bend over put my head on incline bench and do dumbbell raise out to the sides for 4x 12 then I do knee on bench dumbbell on floor raising it to my chest for 4 x 12 each arm then I do 4 x 12 shoulder press sitting. That's shoulders . Then I move on to my arms biceps that is preacher curl inner and outer grips 4 x 12 each then sitting dumbbell curls separately 4 x 12 then I do standing dumbbell curls 4 x 12 . After that I do my neck on neck machine each way 4 x 12 and move on to stomach leg scissor raises 50 count then leg raise crunches 50 count then 25 decline situps and finish off on crunch machine nordic track type 25 on each side front , left and right and finish up by doing 30 mins on treadmill. That's my Monday and wends. Now on Tues and Thurs I start with tricep rope pulldown 4 x 12 then laying on flat bench with dumbbell behind my head to extension _ x 12 then stand up dumbbell behind my head to extension then knee on bench dumbbell extension backwards type 4 x 12 each arm then back to tricep pulldown short bar for 4 x 12 . I move on to lay pull down 6 sets 4x12 and seated rows 4 x 12 then standing bent over rows with big bar 4x 12 then isometric dumbbell for traps out to side pulled up to my ears and hold for 3 seconds 4 x 12 then onto incline bench on stomach with dumbbells pulled up out to the side and hold for 3 seconds 4 x 12 lastly I take cambered curl bar with close grip and raise to my neck for 4 x 12 that's my traps. Then 4 x 12 deadlifts basically. Onto legs then leg press 4 x 12 leg curls 4 x 12 hamstring curls 4 x 12 finish off with neck machine and stomach then treadmill.
Damn that was alot of typing sorry but that's my workout routine.

Reaction score
Damn that was alot of typing sorry but that's my workout routine.
I've been doing this for 3 months now steady before that the previous 9 months I was confined to situps and crunches at 150 a day 50 each set and pushups at 450 a day as that is all I could do for those 9 months .

New Threads