What are signs of high/low testosterone?

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
So I have some stupid questions. Just curious.

what kind of things are evident of having higher or lower testosterone? I would never have any interest of doing a test for my levels unless I actually had a good reason to.

this is gunna sound dumb but being fairly young (29) and always having what I would call a fairly boosted sex drive I just assumed my test would be average-high for my age. Is that a correct assumption to make? Does being overweight make my levels naturally lower? I think I read somewhere that having more body fat means you have more estrogen?

just curious what factors there are in natural test levels I know nothing about the science side to it.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Im avoiding unnecessary doctors visits purely because of inconvenience and covid otherwise I would. Maybe In the future when the healthcare system isn’t a mess.

Are you in a state/country that allows you to get your own blood work?

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just because something is a possible symptom or side effect does not mean you will get it. You could be asymptomatic. At 29 years old I was not asymptomatic. I was lethargic, moody, and had gotten fluffy to name a few. My sex drive was still high and I had zero performance issues. Went to the Dr and asked to be tested and I was at 316ng/dL. Been on TRT for 9 years now.

sfw509

Reaction score
Definitely agree with Snake and Sicwun88. If possible get blood work done. It's a no brainer and not that expensive. I think snake posted a link to privatemdlabs with a discount code.

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
Are you in a state/country that allows you to get your own blood work?

you know what. I have no idea if the NHS even provides that service. I had it done a few years ago back when they wanted to check my heart health because of asthma and that’s it.

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
Just because something is a possible symptom or side effect does not mean you will get it. You could be asymptomatic. At 29 years old I was not asymptomatic. I was lethargic, moody, and had gotten fluffy to name a few. My sex drive was still high and I had zero performance issues. Went to the Dr and asked to be tested and I was at 316ng/dL. Been on TRT for 9 years now.

understood. You basically just described how I feel often lol. But obviously it’s hard to tell if I just feel these things because I’m reaching my 30’s, or for other reasons lol.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
you know what. I have no idea if the NHS even provides that service. I had it done a few years ago back when they wanted to check my heart health because of asthma and that’s it.

PrivateMDlabs.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Can you get private bloodwork in España?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a hard on since 2003

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
Can you get private bloodwork in España?

I have lived here for 7 years CJ I speak fluent Spanish and still don’t have a clue about many things. Anything related to the government and healthcare is a nightmare

Reaction score
How far are you from the States? Can you not come make a visit and have your blood levels checked.

permabulker

Elite
Reaction score
How far are you from the States? Can you not come make a visit and have your blood levels checked.

very far teddy. Hell I can’t even take a 3 hour flight to see my family right now. I have a niece and nephew in the family who are babies and I haven’t seen for almost two years because of this covid bull crap.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
very far teddy. Hell I can’t even take a 3 hour flight to see my family right now. I have a niece and nephew in the family who are babies and I haven’t seen for almost two years because of this covid bull crap.

Brother I am sorry to hear that. If your testosterone is low you will show certain symptoms. For me I get more emotional as my estrogen is naturally high anyways, I also get more depressed, lethargic, don't sleep well, and have no sex drive, to include difficulty getting hard. But it is important to remember the symptoms are different for each person.

I am sorry I do not have the magical answer. All I can recommend is the same as the others here, see a doctor and/or figure out a way to get your blood levels tested. I know a guy that traveled to Mexico just last week so he could get a prescription to AAS and HGH. Maybe look into it some more.

New Threads