Weight loss strategy

Reaction score
Hey folks, Im 37 years old and have a sedentary job, right now I lift 6 days a week.
Dexa scan says I have 136 pounds of lean mass and I am 5'7" and weight 281 pounds right now, so yeah I send post cards to my dick.
So far I have been eating 1500 calories a day and lifting weights, it sucks but it works.
I have been taking Cardarine(10 mg a day) to push my exercises further.
I was thinking of taking some Ostarine to preserve and maybe put on muscle mass with me only eating 1500 calories a day. But If I understand correctly Ostarine will require some PCT?
Any thoughts or suggestions on taking ostarine?
Or drop lots more weight before even looking at ostarine since I am such a morbidly ****ing obese sack of shit right now?

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At over 50% bodyfat I wouldn't worry about anything but losing the weight. I also wouldn't be throwing any drugs at it.

Are you logging your intake and weight loss so far?

Reaction score
At over 50% bodyfat I wouldn't worry about anything but losing the weight. I also wouldn't be throwing any drugs at it.

Are you logging your intake and weight loss so far?

Yes, everything that gets shoved in my pie hole gets weighted and recorded.
Over the last 14 days I lost 13 pounds.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sounds simple, but go for walks.... Often.

I saw your calorie intake in your other thread, just try to get in adequate protein, aim for around 150g.

Losing 14 lbs in 2 weeks is a great start.

sfw509

Reaction score
Great job so far. Lots of great people here to help.

agree with the above advice. Stay away from sarms/drugs for now. I think you will make great progress of you keep doing what your doing it you stay dedicated.

Reaction score
Alright thanks folks, ill lay off sarms and what not and re examine my plan around 15-20% bodyfat.
I got some shitty genes but one upside of my blood line is that we have GREAT muscles and put them on easy and lots.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Sounds simple, but go for walks.... Often.

I saw your calorie intake in your other thread, just try to get in adequate protein, aim for around 150g.

Losing 14 lbs in 2 weeks is a great start.

^^ to this.
1) CJ knows his shit. If he offers advice, listen!
2) There’s an acronym for this that I’ll ask CJ for — wait. I think it’s - NEAT! Non-Exercise activity. Exactly what CJ said - go for walks. Often. Find ways of keeping you and your body engaged and work on the mind/body connection.

I LOL’d at the postcards comment.

you’ve got this man. Stick with it. Make a log and keep us updated.

Oblivious

Reaction score
Have you tried intermitted fasting? Im much younger but it worked miracles for, I used black coffee to kill my appetite most of the time. I kinda also cut out all forms of carbs but im pretty sure thats not too healthy

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Have you tried intermitted fasting? Im much younger but it worked miracles for, I used black coffee to kill my appetite most of the time. I kinda also cut out all forms of carbs but im pretty sure thats not too healthy

I tried IF before its ok I would only do it for health reasons.
I am already doing IF kind of. Last meal around 5pm wake up and eat 8am.
Being hungry doesnt bother me, I am a slav so I suffer for recreation :)

Reaction score
Have you had bloodwork done? Thyroid checked? Blood sugar levels?

I'm in the same boat of trying to lose the weight, and it is temping to start grabbing for chemicals to try and get it done fast!! I take ,,25 mcg of T3 to supplement my prescribed thyroid medicine. Seems to be helping. Intermittent fasting, low carb intake, and cardio...

It isn't easy to get the weight off, but it can be done!!

Reaction score
I had thyroid issues at one time long time ago I think the issues resolved thesmevles when I lost the weight.

Reaction score
Counting calories sucks! Here's some advice. First write what I say down and your brain will retain 40 percent more of the knowledge. Ok here we go.
Wake up and take in some branch chain of amino acids. Wait 45 minutes for your body to absorb them.
Now you do some cardio which is aerobic which means with oxygen. Do not eat or drink anything but water and the BCAA!!!!
This is why upon waking up your body want have any carbs ready to utilize thus causing your body to use stored fat from your belly as energy.
You want the supplement so your body doesn't use your muscles for energy which will cause you to get extra saggy.
Cardio aerobic exercise uses your own oxygen for energy for the first 30 minutes, after 30 minutes your body will then use fat for energy thus your belly will disappear and your dick will reappear like magic.
Ok so now you're going to burn more fat. **** counting the calories abort mission on that and I'll explain later you have to trust me and send me a friend request and private message.
Ok carbs.... For every gram of carbs you take in your body attach 2.5 grams of water to that gram of carbs equaling 3.5 gram thus for every pound of carbs you eat you'll gain three and a half pounds, 2 and half of it is just water.
Carbs aren't evil so don't go Atkins diet like I did because the weight is easy to gain back and then some. Timing your carbs is a major deal!!!
So carbs twice a day pre and post workout only bro! Pre workout meal example the pack of instant oatmeal that has sugar in it yeah the simple evil sugar, the pick of a healthy fat organic or non processed like peanut butter, nut, alvacdo etc. So take half a banana small portion of fruit you pick it's simple carbs, one oatmeal pack pick any flavor and a one table spoon of organic or none processed fats like peanut butter.
This gives your body 3 different kinds of fuel fast and instant energy simple carbs, slower but no great spike in insulin fuel complex carbs, and the slowest burning energy that's the most calorie dense healthy fat.
A small meal 45-60 pre workout with weight training NOT Cardio! The reason a small meal is you want your blood to go into your muscles not your digestive system.
Post workout meal eat some rice and chicken for example about 50-75 grams of carbs and 40-50 grams of protein.
You got a 20 minute window to replenish your glucose (sugar stored in your muscles/energy) levels. Meaning you can eat the majority of your carbs without them converting into FAT, but you only got 20 minutes of this magic moment!!!
This will spike your insulin levels and make the protein travel to the muscle and will be more adequately absorbed.
Calories you are what you eat. Eat beef wake up looking muscle bound like a bull, eat shit and we wake up looking like a turd.
Eat your last meal 3-4 hours before bedtime make sure it's without carbs so say steak, broccoli and some cheese.
Now don't go crazy on the calories deal. But eat 4-6 times a day 3 small meals except post workout meal and 3 snacks like a pack of peanut, a banana etc. This will speed up your metabolism.
Ok go get it bro. Good luck

Reaction score
Hey thank you very much for taking your time to explain this stuff to me.
I sent you a friend request, sadly I can not send PMs becasue I am under 25 posts and you need 25 posts or more to send a PM.

Also where would something like greek yogurt fit in?
Would it work as a pre-workout meal with some fruits?

Reaction score
Yogurt is dairy and fruit, there is some that is low carb. For my simple carbs I just use real fruits.
Yogurt can be a good snack just remember if you want to count something remember the carb rule.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Counting calories sucks! Here's some advice. First write what I say down and your brain will retain 40 percent more of the knowledge. Ok here we go.
Wake up and take in some branch chain of amino acids. Wait 45 minutes for your body to absorb them.
Now you do some cardio which is aerobic which means with oxygen. Do not eat or drink anything but water and the BCAA!!!!
This is why upon waking up your body want have any carbs ready to utilize thus causing your body to use stored fat from your belly as energy.
You want the supplement so your body doesn't use your muscles for energy which will cause you to get extra saggy.
Cardio aerobic exercise uses your own oxygen for energy for the first 30 minutes, after 30 minutes your body will then use fat for energy thus your belly will disappear and your dick will reappear like magic.
Ok so now you're going to burn more fat. **** counting the calories abort mission on that and I'll explain later you have to trust me and send me a friend request and private message.
Ok carbs.... For every gram of carbs you take in your body attach 2.5 grams of water to that gram of carbs equaling 3.5 gram thus for every pound of carbs you eat you'll gain three and a half pounds, 2 and half of it is just water.
Carbs aren't evil so don't go Atkins diet like I did because the weight is easy to gain back and then some. Timing your carbs is a major deal!!!
So carbs twice a day pre and post workout only bro! Pre workout meal example the pack of instant oatmeal that has sugar in it yeah the simple evil sugar, the pick of a healthy fat organic or non processed like peanut butter, nut, alvacdo etc. So take half a banana small portion of fruit you pick it's simple carbs, one oatmeal pack pick any flavor and a one table spoon of organic or none processed fats like peanut butter.
This gives your body 3 different kinds of fuel fast and instant energy simple carbs, slower but no great spike in insulin fuel complex carbs, and the slowest burning energy that's the most calorie dense healthy fat.
A small meal 45-60 pre workout with weight training NOT Cardio! The reason a small meal is you want your blood to go into your muscles not your digestive system.
Post workout meal eat some rice and chicken for example about 50-75 grams of carbs and 40-50 grams of protein.
You got a 20 minute window to replenish your glucose (sugar stored in your muscles/energy) levels. Meaning you can eat the majority of your carbs without them converting into FAT, but you only got 20 minutes of this magic moment!!!
This will spike your insulin levels and make the protein travel to the muscle and will be more adequately absorbed.
Calories you are what you eat. Eat beef wake up looking muscle bound like a bull, eat shit and we wake up looking like a turd.
Eat your last meal 3-4 hours before bedtime make sure it's without carbs so say steak, broccoli and some cheese.
Now don't go crazy on the calories deal. But eat 4-6 times a day 3 small meals except post workout meal and 3 snacks like a pack of peanut, a banana etc. This will speed up your metabolism.

There is soooo much that's very wrong in this reply. If I remember, when I have time, I'll offer my rebuttal.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is like a summation of ever bad broscience talking point from the mid 2000s.

Reaction score
Old or new whatever. Look at Frank Zane 3 time Mr Olympia diet it's similar. Old and worked Frank was great.
How many Olympia titles have you won?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Old or new whatever. Look at Frank Zane 3 time Mr Olympia diet it's similar. Old and worked Frank was great.
How many Olympia titles have you won?

So if we're going by the number of Olympia titles as the ultimate reference of authority, what do you have to say about Ronnie Coleman saying that had a NEGATIVE body fat percentage?

We all know that that's impossible, but he has the most titles, so what he says must be true, right? :32 (18):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Counting calories sucks! Here's some advice. First write what I say down and your brain will retain 40 percent more of the knowledge. Ok here we go......

Is there any chance you have actully incorperated any of this in a diet of your own or you just read some things? I'm just asking because there's a fair amount of things in there that is just not good advice for this man and weight loss in general.