Training, diet and gear

Reaction score
I'm 5'10, 33 years old, 214-222 pounds. I couldn't train for 2 years due to inguinal hernia... Just got the surgery January 5. I was cleared to start training February 20.
So I got a few weeks under I was a 38 in the waste now I'm a 34. My muscle are growing with my high volume training.
All I'm on is fast acting insulin.... I've juiced plenty of times, but my source went to prison.
Hopefully I will be able to juice up again soon and achieve my dreams...
I'm knowledgeable with roids, but wet behind the ears when it comes to insulin. I use 5iu's in the morning, then 10 it's pre and post workout and I'm taking in about 200 grams of protein and carbs a day.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Can you be more specific in what you are asking?
Hopefully yo DO understand the basics and risks with slin. It’s a potentially lethal compound but the risk is easily averted with sound practices.

Tell us about your protocol.

Reaction score
To be honest I'm lost with insulin. And I'm thinking of quitting it and just waiting for a source.
I got 14 nova flex pens fast acting insulin. I really want to have a classic physique like Mike Mentzer.
However if you will tell me how and when to do insulin I'll keep doing it.
I eat 10 grams of carbs for every IU of insulin 5-15 minutes after injections.
My workout is high volume like Frank Zane because I can't lift heavy.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
To be honest I'm lost with insulin. And I'm thinking of quitting it and just waiting for a source.
I got 14 nova flex pens fast acting insulin. I really want to have a classic physique like Mike Mentzer.
However if you will tell me how and when to do insulin I'll keep doing it.
I eat 10 grams of carbs for every IU of insulin 5-15 minutes after injections.
My workout is high volume like Frank Zane because I can't lift heavy.

Yikes! Let’s get you caught up before you inject any more.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I want a classic physique with a tiny waist too. Not sure I’m willing to pay the price (in terms of diet) however.

sfw509

Reaction score
I love the classic look. But I feel like it definitely depends on your genetics. Got to have the right home structure.

And as for insulin, you have to be dialed in to what your doing. I've never used it, know a few who have with some success. But you can end up someplace you don't want to go if you mess it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice and knowledge.

Ok so here what I'm doing and going to do with my insulin.
In the morning take 7IU's. 5-15 minutes after take in a 33 gram pack of sugar oatmeal and drank a ensure mixed with milk.
2nd a hour after the injection I took in 70 grams of crabs with equate and ensure drank, I drank some BCAA with electrolytes, 2,000 mg of Omega 3 and 50 mg or mcg of DHEA.
My next injection will be about 6-7 at night pre-work out 5IU's of fast acting insulin. 5-15 minutes later I'll take in a equate which has 50 grams of crabs lots of vitamin, 13 grams of protein, I'll also drank beer juice or beet supp, 5 grams of creatine.
A hour into workout I'll take another equate drank with 50mg DHEA, 1,000 mg of Omega 3.
I train at minimum for 2 hours but usually hit 3 hours sometimes 3 and half.
After work out I'm thinking about taking 10 iu's of insulin. Take in 2 equate which have a 100 carbs, mix up milk and muscle milk 50grams of protein, take bcaa and 5 grams of creatine

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
How long after your last injection of insulin do you go to bed?

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of the gurus now are prescribing just enough slin for your already post workout carb intake on lagging body part days. So like what I take from them if your post workout meal is consistently 50 g post leg day. They will start there guy on 1 IU if they don't feel hypo they will have them do 2 IUs the next leg day, if they don't go hypo they try 3 IUs the next day and so on.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You should always carry glucose tabs with you. I’ve gone hypo while driving and I’ll tell you that there was no way I’d have made it to a store to buy a juice and if I hadn’t had tabs I’d have been ****ed. And I always followed the 10g carb/iu rule.

Reactions: PZT

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
2-4 hours. I wake up constantly and snack too

Personally that’s way to soon after an injection for my risk threshold. Going hypo while you’re sleeping is a great way to off yourself. No more snacking for GOW!

Reactions: PZT
Reaction score
Ok I'm just going to use it in the morning and pre-work out. What's the maximum amount I can use for pre workout?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Ok I'm just going to use it in the morning and pre-work out. What's the maximum amount I can use for pre workout?

15iu seems to be the general max amount.

Buy glucose tabs and keep them with you within 3-4 hours of injection.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of the gurus now are prescribing just enough slin for your already post workout carb intake on lagging body part days.

This is how you do it if you don't want to get fat. You should tailor your insulin to your current diet instead of tailoring your diet to your insulin

New Threads