The New V61 Log

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Howdy folks -

So about 1.25 years ago I started a log I kept up with every day. Despite a lot of really hard work, change was minimal. I did get stronger and definitely noticed vascularity, but I was still a fat fukk. Long story short, after going off SSRIs months later, I dropped a lot of weight naturally. So stoked to see what can happen with keeping a disciplined routine without that barrier.

I’ll weigh in the morning, but I’m guessing I’m somewhere around 210-215 and around 20% bf. Fitting very comfortably in a 34 waist.

The only time I can train now is in the mornings. I help take someone to work at 8am and usually go back to sleep until noon, but going to try to go to bed early and stay awake to train. I’m terrified of this part, to be quite honest.

150mg/week TRT for now. May increase if I can get an AI in soon.

Will try to start tomorrow. Keep your fingers x’d.

one thought to put out there: I’m not someone who generally eats in the morning. My body just doesn’t like it. Given I’ll be training though, should I force something down? Or will protein after be enough?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I would eat something. Doesn’t have to be much. 1/2 a banana or apple and a tbsp of PB is what I’m currently eating before I train.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
I would eat something. Doesn’t have to be much. 1/2 a banana or apple and a tbsp of PB is what I’m currently eating before I train.

that doesn’t sound unreasonable at all.

Reactions: Jin

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome dude, welcome back

Reactions: Jin

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You made improvements, where's the problem? Lol

As for moring feedings, I feel they are important to set the ground work for the day. Pop a protein drink that had some carbs if you can't do a big breakfast. Something to start the day.

I'll be following along.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome back!
If you're trying to drop fat and don't like eating in the morning?
Get in the gym w some fasted cardio to start your day!
Then eat!

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
You made improvements, where's the problem? Lol

As for moring feedings, I feel they are important to set the ground work for the day. Pop a protein drink that had some carbs if you can't do a big breakfast. Something to start the day.

I'll be following along.

Welcome back!
If you're trying to drop fat and don't like eating in the morning?
Get in the gym w some fasted cardio to start your day!
Then eat!

I appreciate it guys. I was definitely considering the benefits of fasted cardio but also don’t want to be super weak starting out.

so may try the protein + banana to start and see how it goes!

special thanks to ftf for the PM.

Reactions: CJ

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Fasted cardio has been proven ineffective, I still do it only so I can be more hungry throughout the day.
Just like the "anabolic window" has been proven false over and over.
Cals in/cals out.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Fasted cardio has been proven ineffective, I still do it only so I can be more hungry throughout the day.
Cals in/cals out.

yeah I’m interested to see what my CICO balance is now without the SSRIs...

sfw509

Reaction score
You got this man! Get after it!

I never ate breakfast. Ever. A few years ago I started just forcing down a greek yogurt or an apple and peanut butter. Felt better and have been doing it since.

Coming off the ssri should help too. They work wonders for some people but there is no denying the negative side effects.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
You got this man! Get after it!

I never ate breakfast. Ever. A few years ago I started just forcing down a greek yogurt or an apple and peanut butter. Felt better and have been doing it since.

Coming off the ssri should help too. They work wonders for some people but there is no denying the negative side effects.

thanks man! Great to know the feedback there too.
interesting you became a breakfast man! Woof. Scary. Hoping for an equally positive change!

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Just got on the scale — probably need to poop and it’s the evening so definitely not fasted... 211.0lbs. And I’m about 6’3”.

about 40lbs lighter than starting my last log.

Reactions: CJ

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cals in/cals out.

Nutrient timing doesn’t matter? What about when your focus is specifically body composition? Asking because I’ve always thought it mattered when you eat your carbs vs fats vs protein.

New Threads