Blast and cruise dose

Reaction score
I've been on trt for about 7 months now 160mg test cyp a week which put my T levels right around 900. In wondering if a blast of 500mg for 3 months would be significant enough for some noticeable gains?

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I would call 500mg for 12 weeks a first cycle, more than a blast.

I second what was said before regarding diet etc. If you really want to make the kind of games you're looking for, maximize your diet too, otherwise you're just kind of wasting gear.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
why can’t it be a 10th cycle?? Who says it’s only for a 1st cycle

I would call 500mg for 12 weeks a first cycle, more than a blast.

I second what was said before regarding diet etc. If you really want to make the kind of games you're looking for, maximize your diet too, otherwise you're just kind of wasting gear.

Reaction score
I've been on trt for about 7 months now 160mg test cyp a week which put my T levels right around 900. In wondering if a blast of 500mg for 3 months would be significant enough for some noticeable gains?
Why not add another compound also ?

Reaction score
Why not add another compound also ?
That’s a good idea. Icing on the cake.
something like dbol.
will you be able to do bloods half way through this? Or are you looking to sneak this one in before your next scheduled blood test?

Reaction score
Ya I'm highly considering adding npp as well. I am slightly worried about adding more compounds tho because my cholesterol is on the borderline high side and I dont want to make it way worse, (cholesterol is 220, LDL 140 Hdl 40) And yes I'm going to do this cycle in-between the doctors blood tests

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score

Good point. I was assuming that he'd never run a cycle before and that this would be his first, not that 500mg test need be only for a first cycle.

I was also saying that 500mg for 12 weeks feels more like a cycle than a blast.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Good point. I was assuming that he'd never run a cycle before and that this would be his first, not that 500mg test need be only for a first cycle.

I was also saying that 500mg for 12 weeks feels more like a cycle than a blast.

I don’t differentiate between blast and cycle. What do you consider the difference between those two terms?

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don’t differentiate between blast and cycle. What do you consider the difference between those two terms?
Beat me to it. The only difference between a blast and a cycle is whether or not you come off and recover natural production.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score

It's funny, now that I think about it. I'm actually not sure.......I guess I always associated a blast with being an "in-between" of TRT and a full cycle. I'm actually not sure why.

I guess it makes sense that they would by synonymous, seeing as a "blast" at 300-350mg for example is really just a low-dose cycle.

Semantics are a bitch.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's funny, now that I think about it. I'm actually not sure.......I guess I always associated a blast with being an "in-between" of TRT and a full cycle. I'm actually not sure why.

I guess it makes sense that they would by synonymous, seeing as a "blast" at 300-350mg for example is really just a low-dose cycle.

Semantics are a bitch.

A decade ago when high doses were more popular 300mg was what half of the guys were cruising on and a blast was well over a gram of gear a week. Thankfully there has been more of a return to sanity.

Reaction score
Beat me to it. The only difference between a blast and a cycle is whether or not you come off and recover natural production.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I don’t differ between the two, I used them interchangeably. But that’s good, makes perfect sense to me.

usually, I just assumed cycle was a set dose or set schedule of a couple compounds wherein blast was associated and assumed to be one of those compounds at a higher than normal cycle dosage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ya I'm highly considering adding npp as well. I am slightly worried about adding more compounds tho because my cholesterol is on the borderline high side and I dont want to make it way worse, (cholesterol is 220, LDL 140 Hdl 40) And yes I'm going to do this cycle in-between the doctors blood tests
Bro you are on trt. Is this thru a dr or on your own. If it’s thru a dr how often is your bloodwork. If you use 500mg of test a week for 3 month you are going to need plenty of time to bring your levels back down before blood draw. Take it from me. I have given many of bad blood draws for my dr. Anywhere from 1600-2600. I recently have been told for me to stop my dose for 2 weeks cause my blood were high... I have had the same dr for years and he isn’t stupid but let’s me stay on with him.. just keep this in mind. Some dr are not so forgiving.

Reaction score
Bro you are on trt. Is this thru a dr or on your own. If it’s thru a dr how often is your bloodwork. If you use 500mg of test a week for 3 month you are going to need plenty of time to bring your levels back down before blood draw. Take it from me. I have given many of bad blood draws for my dr. Anywhere from 1600-2600. I recently have been told for me to stop my dose for 2 weeks cause my blood were high... I have had the same dr for years and he isn’t stupid but let’s me stay on with him.. just keep this in mind. Some dr are not so forgiving.
I'll have 6 months between draws

Reaction score
That’s awesome. I have to do bloods every three months. It use to be six but my levels are so up and down he try’s to keep me honest.

BrotherIron

Reaction score

It can be your 100th cycle. You don't need to overdue it when you're looking to be "on". 500mg/wk Test definitely will cause growth if you're eating, training, and resting properly.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Cruise means once a week blast means daily

No it does not.

Cruise is the time period between Blasts. It's a lower dose period, meant to bridge the gap, hence the title Cruise.

Pinning frequency is irrelevant.

Reactions: Jin

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

to me I would say cycle would be someone who comes completely off and does the whole PCT etc
but then again blasting and cruising is “cycle” between trt dosing and a higher does and even cycling in other compounds. I’ve always used cycling as like I’m gonna do a 12 week cycle and come off and blasting and cruising as what the OP is speaking
but I’m not aware of any set definitions

I’m on 1,000mg of test weekly but I identify as a TRT patient... jk