Eager to get started

Reaction score
Hi, all:
I came here looking for a way to increase my muscle mass. I lost a lot of muscle weight in my lower body due to a prolonged illness ---> prolonged inactivity ---> muscle wasting.

I hope I can find some solutions here that I will be able to implement.
I'm eager to get my legs back!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Skeeeeee-watttttts!!!! ....and pancakes. :32 (16):

Welcome to the Underground Veexx. Glad you found us.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Welcome, did you get prescribed any HGH?
Hi, all:
I came here looking for a way to increase my muscle mass. I lost a lot of muscle weight in my lower body due to a prolonged illness ---> prolonged inactivity ---> muscle wasting.

I hope I can find some solutions here that I will be able to implement.
I'm eager to get my legs back!

Big Mikey

Reaction score
I feel you bro. After decades of lifting my hip joints went to hell in a handbasket. After some time being disabled followed by two hip replacement surgeries, COVID came to town & all the gyms were shut down. By the time I got back into the gym my legs were broom sticks. It's been two months & I've gained back about ten+ LBS of muscle. (Estimated) I'm still working on squatting & don't consider myself to have mastered it as of yet, I will though. Just gotta keep at it.
My advice for you is join a gym & start perfecting your squat technique. This is going to involve a crap ton of stretching, working on muscles only "chicks do," like your gluteus minimus & piriformis. These muscles allow for abduction & adduction, which will help your squat stance & prevent your knees from collapsing inwards once you start squatting some decent weight. Get your squat depth as low as possible without screwing yourself up, parallel with the floor is a good starting point. For some, parallel the best they can do, which isn't bad. Work on perfecting your deadlifting technique as well. Deadlifting technique isn't really difficult, it's just more subtle than most realize. Don't be in a huge rush to start squatting heavy weights. Just take your time, get the technique perfected & over time you'll be squatting heavy weight correctly. You can do it bro.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Welcome and whatever you do?
Include squats!

sfw509

Reaction score
Welcome. Glad to hear your getting back to it. He patient and go after this smartly.

There is a lot of info and smart people here. Ask questions, someone here will be willing to help.

Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome and tips.
I'll be spending some time reading around the forum.

New Threads