Different protein powders

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a dairy intolerance. Not so in the way where I'll end up in the bathroom for hours if I eat it, but if I have enough my back and face will break out in acne.

I'm just wondering if any of you had any experience with different types of protein powders other then whey that you liked.

I've had Ghost's vegan pancake flavored protein, but man is vegan protein chalky as hell.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did a run with pea protein a few years back, was having some digestive issues at the time.

Yea, its a bit more chalky than whey but still a 'complete' protein from an amino acid perspective & a very mild, hardly noticeable taste IME when mixed with just about anything.

I found it to be very easy to stomach & didn't lose any strength in the gym while using it. If ye can't stomach whey or casein, it might be worth a look.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
There are beef and egg protein powders as well.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I have also found that, even just sticking with whey protein, different brands digest better than others. Everyone is different, so you would have to experiment a bit.

Oldbastard

Reaction score
Omg anyone use way back in 80s when basically only Hoffman’s and Weider cornered the protein Market ? Wieders “ Dynamic Muscle Builder “ yuck ! Powdered mucus ! Protein powders have come a long long way ! So many actually taste decent now. However first time trying anything I go chocolate because vanilla poorly made is hard to drink !
there is an “ egg protein “ company called “ muscle egg “ - its liquid flavored egg whites but I kid you not is in my humble opinion one of the most delicious tasting anything I’ve ever had . The chocolate actually taste like a gourmet dessert straight right from the jug

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I mostly only use protein when I need that ultra fast absorption. So I include 1 scoop during breakfast, and I will have another post workout. Other than that I agree with everyone else saying to get most of your protein from food.

Regarding muscle egg, I think they are kind of overpriced. Regular carton egg whites are pasteurized just like muscle egg, or many other products. If you mix in some sugar free chocolate syrup with liquid egg whites then you basically have chocolate favored muscle egg.

I've done the egg white thing... and it actually tastes pretty good. Although I still prefer to just make an omelette with it or something.

Oldbastard

Reaction score
I mostly only use protein when I need that ultra fast absorption. So I include 1 scoop during breakfast, and I will have another post workout. Other than that I agree with everyone else saying to get most of your protein from food.

Regarding muscle egg, I think they are kind of overpriced. Regular carton egg whites are pasteurized just like muscle egg, or many other products. If you mix in some sugar free chocolate syrup with liquid egg whites then you basically have chocolate favored muscle egg.

I've done the egg white thing... and it actually tastes pretty good. Although I still prefer to just make an omelette with it or something.
Absolutely cost is high but I only mentioned because the taste is so phenomenal actually almost worth to me . I’m one that hates taste of anything like shakes . Despite starting in an Era when pretty much all supplements could make billy goat puke lmao

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Absolutely cost is high but I only mentioned because the taste is so phenomenal actually almost worth to me . I’m one that hates taste of anything like shakes . Despite starting in an Era when pretty much all supplements could make billy goat puke lmao

I use muscleegg when I run tren, because it's really hard for me to eat on trend, let alone eat enough. Got to say, that chocolate version is freaking delicious. Goes down like a milkshake, can actually make a chocolate and cheese omelette with it which is pretty good too.

Reaction score
I might try to snag me some of their pea protein and see how that is. Prices don't seem to bad at all.

Reaction score
Isopure might be a good option for you as well. Seems to work well for lactose intolerant folks.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If u want barf on u or ur shoes, let me grab that egg carton and drik that yuck right in front of u, i cannot drink liquid eggs, paturized? More like ready to be thrown right back up... F ucken grody, slimmy old eggs and sperm from chicken sliding down ur throat .. f uck no...

Ghey

Use pea protein beef protein, cottage cheese at nite for the casein effect etc .. use foods