The process of Leaving a job

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Is it proper to give HR notice first before your direct supervisor who happens to be one of the owners of the company?

I always just let my boss know, and everything I am reading said to let HR know first...

Asking for a "friend" hahahahahahahah

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Just to refresh everyone's memory, I can't stand the HR director at my current employer (no it isn't me). He is the pole smoker who told me to remove my resume' from online or he would tell the owners. My retort was that he could go and **** himself because I wasn't going to scour the internet and remove traces of my accomplishments for him nor anyone else.

I would LOVE nothing more than to tell that asshole first by giving him my letter of resignation the first thing on Friday morning!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't see a reason to not send a single email to both of them to ensure your message has been received.

Actually sounds like the professional thing to do.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
I like creekrat's idea. Maintain your relationship with owner and tell the HR person, "that resume online finally paid off, later loser".

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I would go straight to your boss. I just did the same thing not too long ago. Except that I hated the rest of my executive management team. Best decision ever to get out of that shit hole. Keep you relationship with the boss by giving him the heads up. F the HR person.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I'm going to go to my boss first, but will go out of my way to f uck with the HR director afterwards! I will bend over backwards to rub this in his face...

OldeBull1

Reaction score
I feel that communication should be at the lowest and most direct level possible, and take it higher from there. Yeah, talk to the boss. He'd rather hear it from you versus being surprised by an email.

Reaction score
I know being passive aggressive is immature, but sometimes karma needs to be delivered personally.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
Another thing to add... the two week notice is a thing of the past, and not as common or necessary in today's workplace. Additionally, all a previous employer is authorized to say is if and when you worked there. By law, they cannot give opinions or recommendations... doesn't mean they won't anyway.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My wife is a HR manager

Tell hr and your boss sane day, give 2weeks notice is common practice

If u don’t give a rats ass, tell them, get your stuff n go

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
My wife is a HR manager

Tell hr and your boss sane day, give 2weeks notice is common practice

If u don’t give a rats ass, tell them, get your stuff n go

Question is why should you give a two weeks notice when if and when they want they will fire or lay you off without notice?

"So they can cover their end"

That's all a two week notice is

Fyi I always give two weeks.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Why is it some HR directors think they have more power than they actually wield? At the end of the day, it is because of MY department that our HR director gets paid, NOT him. I can easily edit the NACHA file to remove his direct deposit due to a "glitch in the system" if I chose to do so.

Last edited:

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I love it... Received a call today from my potential new employer where they apologized for not having my offer finalized today and they said "bear with us, we will have something for you tomorrow, I promise!" :32 (1):

I'm going to ruin someone's weekend! Not mine, but someone's...

New Threads