Any reptile owners?

Crom

Reaction score
I'm kind of new to the hobby. Below is a picture of my bearded dragon, GORMEK and my Ball Python, THULSA DOOM.

IMG_20210505_124424_637.jpg

IMG_20210319_164015_545.jpg

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I had a turtle for a little while. I hated cleaning out it’s aquarium so I gave it away. Had small parrots , large dogs and small dogs, in that order. No cats , allergic to kittens .

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
He’ll be along shortly.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Reptiles have personalities ... more than a plain ol' dog or cat owner would expect.

Our Nile Monitor Lizard was the pet-from-hell, teeth like needles and a tail like a whip ... the marks of that beast were all over me+wifey before we re-homed him. Yet I used to go window-shopping in a nearby pet store where they would let me walk around with a Savannah Monitor draped on my shoulders, up near my face, both of us in chill mode. Not sure if it was a difference in species or just in individuals, but it was a difference of night+day.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had a bunch years ago

Boas. Pythons. Iguanas. Tegus. Savanah monitor... tokay and leopard gecko

Favorite was my iguana named rocky. He was massive and orange

Worst was my tokay gecko named Bill parcells.. he sucked and was angry

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh hell no! I don't want a pet that doesn't come when it's called and would do me harm if it got the chance. Hell no!

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Oh hell no! I don't want a pet that doesn't come when it's called and would do me harm if it got the chance. Hell no!

Have to agree with Snake on this. Dogs only for me.

Crom

Reaction score

I also have a 145 pound lab. He's a lazy bastard that sleeps 18 hours a day. He couldn't get his fat ass up to come when called.

Reactions: DF

Crom

Reaction score
I've had a bunch years ago

Boas. Pythons. Iguanas. Tegus. Savanah monitor... tokay and leopard gecko

Favorite was my iguana named rocky. He was massive and orange

Worst was my tokay gecko named Bill parcells.. he sucked and was angry

How big did your Python get. No dick jokes , Sensei.

Crom

Reaction score
Reptiles have personalities ... more than a plain ol' dog or cat owner would expect.

Our Nile Monitor Lizard was the pet-from-hell, teeth like needles and a tail like a whip ... the marks of that beast were all over me+wifey before we re-homed him. Yet I used to go window-shopping in a nearby pet store where they would let me walk around with a Savannah Monitor draped on my shoulders, up near my face, both of us in chill mode. Not sure if it was a difference in species or just in individuals, but it was a difference of night+day.

You have pics of that Monitor lizard?

Sounds like a beast.

Crom

Reaction score
I had a turtle for a little while. I hated cleaning out it’s aquarium so I gave it away. Had small parrots , large dogs and small dogs, in that order. No cats , allergic to kittens .

Two dogs two cats as well.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How big did your Python get. No dick jokes , Sensei.

I had a ball python that was small. I gave him to my cousin.. forgot how big he got

Last edited:

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
You have pics of that Monitor lizard?

Sounds like a beast.

No, no pics. Nile Monitors are relatively long and slender, whereas Savannahs are a bit shorter and stockier. Both are predators, but based on my experience only* the Niles are fvckprickshitpotpoofaces, and the Savannahs are cuddlysnugglebumps.

* I learned a lot in college, but not about Herpes.

Grinch

Reaction score
I've owned demerils before Madagascar closed their gates. A few ball pythons, a red tail, and a couple of corn snakes.
Inverts are what I am I to now. I have 22 species of tarantula currently and am looking to start breeding soon. I have a mature Hapalopus sp. Columbia male and 2 females that will make me hundreds of ewls.
My largest is a 4 year old lasiodora pahrybhana which is likely 9 to 10 inches in dls. Fangs over an inchlong.
I've heard monitors are really good pets and some are smarter than the average dog, capable of solving puzzles.

New Threads