New to the Gear game

Reaction score
Hey all,

So a friend of mine was going to get me Test from his guy for my first cycle. He said his guy was currently out, and then my friend gave me the website where his guy orders from. I just found this strange.

Do some local sources just order gear off the internet in bulk and then sell in person? I'm new and just imagined that they'd know someone who homebrewed or had a connect else where...and not just a website.

Unsure if I should try to find a different local connect, wait for his guy to do another bulk order, or just go to that website myself lol maybe I'm overthinking it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I used to know a guy personally who did that, but he was a pretty long term customer.

As with anything though, it's hit and miss. I personally would never order from a website, but many have with success, some with failure.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Yea man. Be careful ordering off the web. That’s scary.
I would most definitely post and ask about whatever source you’re thinking of ordering from.

Reaction score
I used to know a guy personally who did that, but he was a pretty long term customer.

As with anything though, it's hit and miss. I personally would never order from a website, but many have with success, some with failure.

Good luck!

Yeah I read don't order from websites and then here I am finding out that my "source" is doing just that so that's what I was wondering if that's a normal thing local in person sources will do to procure their goods.

Reaction score
Yea man. Be careful ordering off the web. That’s scary.
I would most definitely post and ask about whatever source you’re thinking of ordering from.

Haha yeah I'm trying to avoid ordering from the web at all costs.

Mhenshaw

Elite
Reaction score
Any story that starts, (paraphrased) " A friend of mine... knows a guy..." puts me totally at ease... What could possibly go wrong?

Good luck!

Crom

Reaction score
Hey all,

So a friend of mine was going to get me Test from his guy for my first cycle. He said his guy was currently out, and then my friend gave me the website where his guy orders from. I just found this strange.

Do some local sources just order gear off the internet in bulk and then sell in person? I'm new and just imagined that they'd know someone who homebrewed or had a connect else where...and not just a website.

Unsure if I should try to find a different local connect, wait for his guy to do another bulk order, or just go to that website myself lol maybe I'm overthinking it.

Hrmm. I'm going to leave this to the professional. I wouldn't be ordering off a website though.

Gump.jpg

Reactions: CJ

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I'm going to be the outlier here. If you don't have a private source, then I personally think buying from a website is lower risk than it's made out to be. At least from a law enforcement perspective. They have bigger fish to fry than to go after everyone who bought for personal use.

The bigger risk is just from getting bunk or underdosed gear. Honestly though this risk always exists to some degree, regardless of the source. This is where it comes down to trust... which no one will have with their source when first starting out anyway.

TLDR; I think buying from websites is lower risk than people make it out to be. I have bought from websites long long ago in the past, and it was fine. The biggest risk you might face is either bunk/underdosed gear. So if you're fine with rolling the dice, and possibly being out a small amount of money, then I say go for it until you can find a "better" more "personal" source that isn't website based.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Honestly, very easy to get prescribed from a doc then you don't have to deal with ANY of the bull about quality etc........ assuming you are at least 30 (age for test degen) and have the $ .... the scripts are cheap...... they even usually throw the darts in free.......

Reaction score
At the end of the day, what you bought from your local source...... well he, 99% of the time, sourced from a website. Pros to buying local - Reduced liability from a legal standpoint. Cons to buying local - You have no idea how well your local guy vetted the "web" source.

Reaction score
Any story that starts, (paraphrased) " A friend of mine... knows a guy..." puts me totally at ease... What could possibly go wrong?

lol I know what you mean. My friends a high school buddy and he used to do amatuer bodybuilding and has ran cycles. As far as his source, ya no idea.

Reaction score
At the end of the day, what you bought from your local source...... well he, 99% of the time, sourced from a website. Pros to buying local - Reduced liability from a legal standpoint. Cons to buying local - You have no idea how well your local guy vetted the "web" source.

Gotcha! An answer to what I was wondering. Guess it's normal for local guy to use the dark web - I just assumed it was acquired differently. Thanks

Reaction score
I'm going to be the outlier here. If you don't have a private source, then I personally think buying from a website is lower risk than it's made out to be. At least from a law enforcement perspective. They have bigger fish to fry than to go after everyone who bought for personal use.

The bigger risk is just from getting bunk or underdosed gear. Honestly though this risk always exists to some degree, regardless of the source. This is where it comes down to trust... which no one will have with their source when first starting out anyway.

TLDR; I think buying from websites is lower risk than people make it out to be. I have bought from websites long long ago in the past, and it was fine. The biggest risk you might face is either bunk/underdosed gear. So if you're fine with rolling the dice, and possibly being out a small amount of money, then I say go for it until you can find a "better" more "personal" source that isn't website based.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll probly just end up going that route. Not too worried about LE because like you said, bigger fish to fry. Just will be trial and error to find something not under dosed.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll probly just end up going that route. Not too worried about LE because like you said, bigger fish to fry. Just will be trial and error to find something not under dosed.

That's the biggest risk IMO... underdosed or bunk gear, and in turn wasting your time/money.

I agree with everyone that you should find a private source, but personally I don't think getting things off a website in the short term is the end of the world.

Good luck man.

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know someone who does that, orders online and sells locally

Very common actually, some people(LEO, military, ect) can't or refuse to order online due to their jobs and only buy locally

Good luck!
Facts right here
I order online thanks to something called plausible deniability, LE needs to prove that you clicked buy because anyone can send anything anywhere and unless they can prove you clicked buy, they won't be raiding anyone's house anytime soon

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I know someone who does that, orders online and sells locally

Very common actually, some people(LEO, military, ect) can't or refuse to order online due to their jobs and only buy locally

Facts right here
I order online thanks to something called plausible deniability, LE needs to prove that you clicked buy because anyone can send anything anywhere and unless they can prove you clicked buy, they won't be raiding anyone's house anytime soon

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say they can't prove you purchased it. But if you use VPN, anonymous accounts, encrypted email addresses, throw away crypto wallets, fake name on physical address, etc. then it certainly makes it harder to link you to the purchase.

The main thing though is that it all has to go through customs first... and if it's not a large purchase (i.e. distribution quantities) then all they are going to do is send a letter saying something like they've held your package, and if it's yours to come and get it. It has a clear customs letterhead on it. So guess what you do, you simply don't pick it up and contact who you purchased it from as many places have a 1 time free reship policy for items that got seized.

I just wanted people to not misconstrue what I meant when I said low risk. The reason risk is low is because they don't have the resources to commit to hunting down every single person who buys something online... and not because of plausible deniability (although this is a legitimate tool in our tool chest as well).

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say they can't prove you purchased it. But if you use VPN, anonymous accounts, encrypted email addresses, throw away crypto wallets, fake name on physical address, etc. then it certainly makes it harder to link you to the purchase.

The main thing though is that it all has to go through customs first... and if it's not a large purchase (i.e. distribution quantities) then all they are going to do is send a letter saying something like they've held your package, and if it's yours to come and get it. It has a clear customs letterhead on it. So guess what you do, you simply don't pick it up and contact who you purchased it from as many places have a 1 time free reship policy for items that got seized.

I just wanted people to not misconstrue what I meant when I said low risk. The reason risk is low is because they don't have the resources to commit to hunting down every single person who buys something online... and not because of plausible deniability (although this is a legitimate tool in our tool chest as well).

You're overthinking things, if LE wanted to bust you all they need to do is look inside your home and they will find your gear and bust you like that

Plausible deniability comes into play when your shipment gets seized and customs will send you a letter saying you can claim the package that's been seized, if you claim it you get arrested for buying a controlled substance but you can ignore the letter and CBP won't press the matter anymore as they do not have proof as to where you bought it or even if you placed the order.

LE won't be digging into your internet history, they won't look at your bank accounts, and they definitely won't arrest you just because your package got seized for being a controlled substance

You can also order domestically online if you want to avoid customs and while that does carry more risk in the sense that you could be ratted out but chances of LE going after a customer when they caught the distributor are next to none and unless you're distributing yourself, you really have nothing to be worried about imo

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You're overthinking things, if LE wanted to bust you all they need to do is look inside your home and they will find your gear and bust you like that

Plausible deniability comes into play when your shipment gets seized and customs will send you a letter saying you can claim the package that's been seized, if you claim it you get arrested for buying a controlled substance but you can ignore the letter and CBP won't press the matter anymore as they do not have proof as to where you bought it or even if you placed the order.

LE won't be digging into your internet history, they won't look at your bank accounts, and they definitely won't arrest you just because your package got seized for being a controlled substance

You can also order domestically online if you want to avoid customs and while that does carry more risk in the sense that you could be ratted out but chances of LE going after a customer when they caught the distributor are next to none and unless you're distributing yourself, you really have nothing to be worried about imo

I'm overthinking things? You clearly didn't read shit I wrote, it's especially clear in some areas where you say the same thing I said (i.e. customs and seizures notices, etc). My point was that LE can find you if they really want to... and the reason they don't bother doing this for small fry is because they don't have the resources to go after everyone buying for personal use. If you think otherwise, then please don't bother replying... because thinking no one can touch you is how people get complacent and get themselves jail time.

Any new member reading this... I stand by that purchasing off websites is low risk (until you are able to find a private source), but do not be fooled into thinking that your purchase can't be tracked if LE really wanted to do so.

Reaction score
I'm overthinking things? You clearly didn't read shit I wrote, it's especially clear in some areas where you say the same thing I said (i.e. customs and seizures notices, etc). My point was that LE can find you if they really want to... and the reason they don't bother doing this for small fry is because they don't have the resources to go after everyone buying for personal use. If you think otherwise, then please don't bother replying... because thinking no one can touch you is how people get complacent and get themselves jail time.

Any new member reading this... I stand by that purchasing off websites is low risk (until you are able to find a private source), but do not be fooled into thinking that your purchase can't be tracked if LE really wanted to do so.

Again we are saying the same thing, no one said you're not untouchable, just that you really have nothing to worry about unless you draw attention to yourself (like if you distribute locally or if you're ordering in raws) no need to get all aggro

We are literally saying the same thing, ordering online is low risk and yes you're overthinking things if you think you need a VPN and you need to hide all your info when ordering

Putting a different name on your order could cause more issues with delivery and you might not be able to get your package if usps decides to hold the package for pick up, I get that you're warning people and telling them to be cautious but you don't need to go out of your way to hide everything, that's so excessive and yes it's overthinking things if you think doing all that is necessary

Last edited:

New Threads