Thanks

I have a mate with Parkinson's disease.

He's off getting a complete hormone panel done later this week, and I expect we'll have him on HRT pretty soon.

I've researched Parkinson's and testosterone and there's not much there. Anyone got any input?

Also, what about HGH for him? Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,186 Posts

Re: I have a mate with Parkinson's disease.

My uncle has parkinsons

Thanks

I knew a guy in high school that had it... the guy was MASSIVE. I am talking 6'7" 300lbs+ and appeared to be fairly naturally built. He was in one of my "weight lifting" classes and the guy could barely squat the bar... had to do flat bench with the pink lady dumbbells instead of the bar.

Apparently his was just string in so you couldn't see any of the side effects like shaking etc but it seemed that it MUST have been affecting his physical strength in some ways. Either that or he was naturally this way.

One of the nicest guys I ever met... not sure what he is up to these days

No idea of how TRT may help/assist in the progression or suppression of the problem, sorry.

Thanks

Hopefully that helps him... I knew a guy with it and he started doing meth... Shit wasnt pretty to say the least...
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.

Thanks

Does he already lift? Andros post makes me wonder about CNS coordination or CNS training...whatever you want to call it. (Think Powerlifting terms here.) It may not be that his 6'7" had weak muscle but perhaps the signals from his brain to the muscle fibers where so jacked-up that his "efficiency" in lifting weights was drastically low.

Dopamine (I believe) is a key player in the disease and there's a pretty fast connection to it and our mood. PCT can be a bugger on our moods so I'd be caution to put him on HRT unless you planned for it to be permanent from the get-go.

They may not be helpful, or constructive. But there's my thoughts on it. Please let us know what you do find out if you run across any info.

Thanks

No, he doesn't lift. He's an old bastard - even more so than me! - but he's fit and scrawny. Olympic medalist in sailing, I ski with him and he does OK even with Parkinson's, he does Body Balance, cycles all the time (on a bicycle!) and he's stronger than me up hills - you get it.

I really expect that HRT will be permanent if he gets on it. He's sort of working through his bucket list - he knows he's going downhill and wants to get as much out of life while he can. I reckon we can make his life better at least with TRT, maybe with HGH. I'm absolutely not assuming that either will do anything to slow the disease down, or to control it - but HGH might.

His Aging Male Syndrome is absolutely typical for low T. We all know the list - he's got it all.