Possible to bulk and gradually cut thru a long cycle?

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Where i live i have to deal with winter so theres really no point to stay ripped, im thinking around halloween is the perfect time to just start bulking i can start by eating tons of candy! Around dec or jan i was thinking of trying a long cycle my plan would be to bulk until around march or mid march and then start to cut down so i can be ripped again by mid may. I did that this year just the cutting down part and in less than 2 months i got very ripped so thats my reasoning for the timing. By mid march id just switch to the diet plan im doing now.

test-c 500mg per week for 16 or 20 weeks
deca (unsure of dose still have to research more) for same time as test-c
dbol/anadrol or maybe a lower dosage of both ( what do you guys think would be best) prob the first 4 or 5 weeks
possibly anavar last 4 weeks to help with cut but still need to research this too.

This is all just a thought now and wanted to see what others had to say about it, i understand plenty more research needs to be done but dont want to waste research on what could be a not so bright idea. Also pct will be done after cycle of course.

Thank you.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
To answer the title's question (I don't have time for the rest atm). It's typically known as a recomp, as in recompositioning your physique. Building muscle, whilst burning fat.. it's possible (especially with tren's nutrient partitioning effects) through precision dieting varying your caloric intake a lot, but it's a slower process than flat out bulking or cutting.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As far as compound selection for what you seem to want to accomplish by the end of your cycle of you're trying to get bigger, leaner, and peak aesthetically at the end I'd do something more like

500mg test whatever frequency you want to dose 16 weeks
100mg NPP eod instead of the deca and drop it week 10
50mg var a day week 10-18

If you want to start the cycle with some magic giving zero ****s about health you could run dbol/adrol for the first few weeks, but you don't really need it, the npp is going to hit pretty quick.

Injectable l-carnitine is something I think is grossly underutilized in a recomp setting. Setting up intermittent fasting eating slightly above maintenance in your feeding window and taking 400-500mg injectable l-carnitine first thing in the morning every day.

With a plan like that you've got the last 7 weeks you'll be drying out and can adjust your calories to peak and would be photoshoot ready for the couple weeks on var after cutting the test.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Thanks for info, i thought of deca because id really only like to inject twice a week with the test

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info, i thought of deca because id really only like to inject twice a week with the test
If you're doing deca I wouldn't bother with the var at the end. Nothing it does is going to be worth it with the deca water retention, particularly from a bang for the buck perspective.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Ok got it, with no var you think an oral to kickoff would be ok or just stick to test deca?

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok got it, with no var you think an oral to kickoff would be ok or just stick to test deca?

Yeah, that limits the cycle to a single oral so you're not going to be dealing with so much liver toxicity in a short period. Kick it off with whatever you like. Just running a classic test and deca cycle.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
What do you like better dbol or anadrol? Ever try a little of both? Im using dbol now but not 100% sure its real, dont feel any sides at all and feel great. Taking with test of course and know thats good just unsure of the dbol

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you like better dbol or anadrol? Ever try a little of both? Im using dbol now but not 100% sure its real, dont feel any sides at all and feel great. Taking with test of course and know thats good just unsure of the dbol
I don't really tolerate either well. If you're getting no sides and good results on dbol, grab some from a more reliable source and see if you have different results.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
Ill figure it out i have months to anyway appreciate the help, i just thought a 3 month break between the orals would give enough time for liver to recover and id use tudca too.

Reaction score
Yeah. Just bulk and don’t eat like an idiot. Aka don’t eat a bunch of candy. Learn how to bulk on a clean diet

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I've technically been doing what you describe... recomping in place. Not exactly by my own choice... my shoulder injury and other issues kind of screwed up my bulk this last round.

My results are not impressive, but they are obvious. My weight has remained relatively the same, but I've dropped quite a lot of body fat. You can see my progress pics for February, April and May in the UGBB pool thread.

So to answer your question... yes it's possible, and it's a strategy that lots of people use.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Personally, I gain and then maintain it before leaning down. I don't just go from one to the other.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes you can add muscle and lose fat at the same time

True, but at a much slower rate for both than would be achieved by doing either one or the other at a time.

Not disagreeing with you, just don't want newer guys to have an overzealous idea of what's possible.

New Threads