Help DF get a date

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok guys & gals. I need some advice on how to proceed. I did get some good advice in the chat box, but wanted to open it up a bit & get more opinions.

Here's the deal. I had my 25th high school reunion last weekend. I was hoping that something would happen with this former class mate of mine after friending her on fb awhile back. She looks damn good. We talked most of the evening after her best friend came up to me & asked if I was single. So, we hit it off really well.

After the reunion was over I had her & a few friends back to my place. We talked more ect... & dumb ass me with no alcohol at my place.....Doh!

Anyway she & her friend needed to get going. I walked her to her car & asked her out. She said yes & would text me her number. A couple days go by & she sends me a message on FB.

This is what she sent:
Hi Df It was nice to see you at the reunion. My cell is #^%$*. It's funny when you friended me on fb I looked at your profile and was hoping you were single. Someone recently asked me out and I would feel uncomfortable dating 2 people at once. I really would have loved to have gone on a date with you. Ill let you know if it does not work out . Take care Lisa

So, I sent this response:
Hello Lisa. I had a great time at the reunion. I was thinking the same thing when I saw your fb profile, lol. I must say that you are even more beautiful now than back in high school. Speaking with you was definitely a high light of my evening. I believe that you are a very special person. I'd love the opportunity get to know you better. However, I understand your feelings and I respect your decision. I do remain hopeful that we do get to go on a date. We'd make a great couple =). I'd like to be able to contact you on fb or text if that is ok. Just to keep in touch.

This is what I received back:
Thank you Df for the compliment.. You are quite handsome yourself! I wish we met a few weeks ago. Yes you can still contact me if you want. Yes I bet we would make a great couple too :) Hope all is well. The reunion was fun. It looked like everyone had a blast.

Just so we all know what we are talking about here is her pic. That is my arm on her right side.
Lisa.jpg

Alright Guys & Gals time to help a brother out. Lets see what you got for me.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol, you are too funny and seem like a really good guy..you can't really do anything but wait her out at this point. You can communicate back and forth and hope that helps her decide she would rather date you;) Good luck! :) Oh and pretty lady.

P.S. Nice arm :)

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
She is brushing u off in a nice way. If she is already with a guy and saying nice things about u, she will do the same with u if the 2 of u were to get together. Throw this one back and move on....

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
She is brushing u off in a nice way. If she is already with a guy and saying nice things about u, she will do the same with u if the 2 of u were to get together. Throw this one back and move on....

x2. On to the next one. If she happens to stop seeing who she is dating currently and gets in touch with you great. But dont wait around.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
she is letting u down easy bro. I'm sure she has good intentions but when a girl says that to you, she has already made up her mind. she wants to date this other jabroni who she has already spent some time with and doesn't want to ruin her chances with him by stopping seeing him and then hope it works out with you. she comfortable right now. I would not write her at all. if she contacts you then be nice, but vague and maybe that will intrigue her but don't waist your time.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is what I thought. Being that I don't date much or get out I needed to get some opinions.

Oh & sonofa bitch! I put all my time that night into this woman & I could have scored another. Grrrrrr

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just start facebooking all the other ones. lol

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just start facebooking all the other ones. lol

Damn straight Dark! & I also need to get some subtle pics of me shirtless on there. She can see what she missed out on lol!

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn straight Dark! & I also need to get some subtle pics of me shirtless on there. She can see what she missed out on lol!

You need to attend a pool party, thats the only way without looking like a total D-BAG.

And now that I see the full story, I suggest you leave her be as well. You need to get out more bud, get your dating game going!!!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IDK..... how were things when you were face to face?? ive had a GF for the better part of the past ten yrs, well a few but regardless. and when your two ft from her face is what really counts. she could be seeing another dude but really be into you........

not sure why she would of been so nice to you with the msg's. She could of easily said shes seeing someone and GL to you with finding someone. i think you have a chance. Id msg her 2-3 times a month, and act like your just interested in friendship......

women and men both want what they cant have.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You need to attend a pool party, thats the only way without looking like a total D-BAG.

And now that I see the full story, I suggest you leave her be as well. You need to get out more bud, get your dating game going!!!

lol

i have a buddy whose shredded, we goto this girls place who went to high school with who has one of those 4lb dogs. went to the montrose beach, me, him & the dog. we killed it.:-$

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup move on. At least she was nice about it.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Yea, I am rusty. I have not really needed to date for over a decade.

Z

Zeek

She is absolutely NOT brushing him off IMO lets look at what she said

Hi Df It was nice to see you at the reunion. My cell is #^%$*. It's funny when you friended me on fb I looked at your profile and was hoping you were single. Someone recently asked me out and I would feel uncomfortable dating 2 people at once. I really would have loved to have gone on a date with you.

Key words to note, saw your profile and was hoping you were single!!

She is telling the truth and did start dating someone., can smell the class on that woman just from her pic!

DF play the friend role let the other mess up then swoop in for the win

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
She is absolutely NOT brushing him off IMO lets look at what she said

Hi Df It was nice to see you at the reunion. My cell is #^%$*. It's funny when you friended me on fb I looked at your profile and was hoping you were single. Someone recently asked me out and I would feel uncomfortable dating 2 people at once. I really would have loved to have gone on a date with you.

Key words to note, saw your profile and was hoping you were single!!

She is telling the truth and did start dating someone., can smell the class on that woman just from her pic!

DF play the friend role let the other mess up then swoop in for the win
This is what I was thinking. Except don't end up in the friend zone.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IDK..... how were things when you were face to face?? ive had a GF for the better part of the past ten yrs, well a few but regardless. and when your two ft from her face is what really counts. she could be seeing another dude but really be into you........

not sure why she would of been so nice to you with the msg's. She could of easily said shes seeing someone and GL to you with finding someone. i think you have a chance. Id msg her 2-3 times a month, and act like your just interested in friendship......

women and men both want what they cant have.

Yea, I don't understand why she would mention that she was hoping I was single ect... Why not just say I'm dating someone & leave it at that? Women so confusing.

Z

Zeek

to blow off she would have said that was sweet but she is seeing someone. Not that after looking at his profile she hoped he was single!!

Play iot cool DF but that one can be yours my man!!!

Yeah don't be too much the friend but be there for her talk, turn her mind on

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, I don't understand why she would mention that she was hoping I was single ect... Why not just say I'm dating someone & leave it at that? Women so confusing.

hang in there bro. you got a shot still. IMO, and in my EXP, i can tell if i have a shot at touching her fun parts just by talking to her for 10-15min. not sure if you have the same ability but, you will know where you stand when you msg her in 2wks and get a response. if its a blow off, move on. if not, well you have some work ahead of you.

when you msg her next have something to say, not just "hey you still seeing that other dude"....

bring up something you two talked about at the reunion. or an interest of hers you are starting to like, etc etc.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude, she gave you her number... if chicks don't want to hear from you they don't give out the number and they certainly don't reply because to many guys EVEN A REPLY no matter what message it contains means she wants to talk. Theres a thin line there in my opinion but I have asked many women their opinions on this and they all say that if theres no chance they won't waste the time or give false hope.

There is some chance there and some key words like ZEEK said. Be gentleman-like in your approach... if you play it right you can bag this one. Some suggestions above are good. Each person varies so its hard to determine how to play it... like be a nice guy and just check in once in a while or try to make her a bit jealous. (She seems to be classy so the jealousy play may not be best) But if she can see pics of what she is missing out on (the goods) and you drop some subtle hints on a semi-regular basis all it takes is a well timed interjection on a day he has pissed her off for her to agree to lunch or some drinks. Maybe ask her to lunch every 2-3 weeks and gauge the response.

It's like hunting a creature in the wild... know what you are hunting before formulating your plan.

I think you can pull it off bro - may take some persistence and attrition on your part but thats what we do! Go after what we want till we get it... otherwise you wouldn't be where you are today, right!?

Good Luck! Let me know if you need help writing a sappy poem (kidding don't do that... save it for the hail mary haha!)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
to blow off she would have said that was sweet but she is seeing someone. Not that after looking at his profile she hoped he was single!!

Play iot cool DF but that one can be yours my man!!!

Yeah don't be too much the friend but be there for her talk, turn her mind on

Ah yes, I shall play it cool. She is going thru a divorce so, probably good I'm not the first date out of the box. I will let her know that " I've been thru the divorce stuff & if she needs to talk I'm there for her"

New Threads