Critic my squat

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Twice a week for both, first time ever my max squat is higher. What you recommend?

haha. I meant the actual amount of weight you squat typically should be more than your bench. Mostly just joking.

Your bench is pretty notable.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
for the first time ever my squat is slightly ahead of my bench

haha. I meant the actual amount of weight you squat typically should be more than your bench. Mostly just joking.

Your bench is pretty notable.

Reactions: Jin

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Dude you have an identical stance to mine, but my new coach has me doing some weird stuff and he’s changed my stance.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
*critique my use of the English language. :32 (19):

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
If you can leave them on between sets, they are doing you no good. Seen plenty of big squats and more than one has racked the weight, checked the lights and said, "Now get theses fuukers off me."

They will also help you get more depth because you want the rebound from them which only comes from out of the bottom. Just start using them with reps of 6-8 to get the feel back.

Yeah, I've found if you wrapped well enough to help you can't get those off fast enough after your set.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Looked heavy

I can't comment about the belt.. I've never used one. With the high bar narrow stance you have, I'd point my feet a little more forward. While I do favor this position/technique it places more stress on the quads and less on the glutes. It's not optimal for power if that is your goal.

You could try a low bar placement across your rear delts instead of high on your traps.. you may find it easiest to grip the bar (if you have flexibility issues) by moving your grip out towards the plates for a low bar squat. You have the proper foot placement (feet and knees slightly outward) for a low bar squat, just need to widen it out a little more.

As for depth I just keep goin until my hammies touch my calves. No will ever be able to tell you you squatted high if you do that.

Last edited:

BrotherIron

Reaction score
i do only train for fun too, never going to be on a platform do probably won’t ever put wraps on again

Then my advice is to get some singly ply sleeves (tight). They give you some support and keep that area tight while performing the lift.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
i do only train for fun too, never going to be on a platform do probably won’t ever put wraps on again

For some, training is the means to an end.
For you, me, some others, training IS the end :cool:

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
hell no, English through and through

Thank you for going OT on your own thread and making ME look a little less stupid :p. I knew your DNA, but I was transfixed by the thought of FD in a dress, or a kilt, which is Scotch, not Irish. Wonder if he tosses the Caber, or the salad, in the Highland Games?

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you for going OT on your own thread and making ME look a little less stupid :p. I knew your DNA, but I was transfixed by the thought of FD in a dress, or a kilt, which is Scotch, not Irish. Wonder if he tosses the Caber, or the salad, in the Highland Games?

I think Scotch is a type whisky ...

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
i did 1 more single with extra 5kg for an all time pb and didn’t press record on my phone. Gutted

Much improved! Great work.

New Threads