What to say to guys in the gym asking if you're on roids?

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell 'em ever since you started focusing on yourself and quit worrying about what everyone else in the gym was doing, you started growing like a weed!;)

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I tell them I hired a nutritionist, and learned how to eat to grow. I figure maybe I can inspire some young kids to eat big, instead of all these pussies drinking shakes all day long...

italian1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You tell them "Not now chief I'm in the fucking zone"..Fucking hilarious on you tube- that,"my new hair cut" video.

Reaction score
Bro just tell them you are on the new muscle tech line adn has growth like a monster hahaha next week they will tell you the got it too. Freacking ppl HATERS GONE HATE

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You tell them "Not now chief I'm in the fucking zone"..Fucking hilarious on you tube- that,"my new hair cut" video.

MUHAHAHAHA FUCKING RIGHT ON! HGH, YEAGER BOMBS! haha!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
most of the guys in my gym dont ever say shit to me,guess cause all the tattoos,most think im a biker i guess,when they do get close to me or pass by i just give them a :i'll fuckin kill you look" lmao!!!!!!!!

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i'm the same way, put my headphones on and do work....people stay away from me and it's obvious i don't like to be bothered. i see it when people wanna ask me if i'm done with a piece of equipment, i just give them a nod and be cool but generaly people stay away from me. I had a kid at the begining of my last cycle ask me something like that while i was sitting on a bench after my workout catching a breather. i looked dead at him and said "da fuck you say?!!" he was like "oh....nothing bro, sorry" hahahahaha

fucking wankers!

I get asked outside the gym a lot by friends and stuff. just tell them same old......diet and training like a mad scientist 6 days a week. that usually settles it.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only 1 guy I really talk to at the gym. He's for sure on gear. Like 5' 9" 240. Dudes a beast. Couple dudes I can tell are on gear. It's all hush hush. The one guy I do talk to the subjects been brought up between us but we both deny it but we both know the other ones full of shit lol I've never been asked if I'm on gear by anyone in the gym. Only person that's ever asked me was my pops cuz I blew up quick last year on test deca dbol. I get into a pissed off mode when I get in the gym. I think it scares people but whatever. My girls always talking shit that I look angry in the gym and I need to "make friends" and "be nice to people". Fuck that I'm there to fuck iron in its ass. It's the gym, not a fuckin tea party. Socializing doesn't get me big. Talking distracts me from what I'm there to do. I say fuck everyone when I hit those doors.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For me, I've been eating a very consistent, intense diet for a while now, and all my co-workers, friends, family have seen me doing it.... You know, bringing food with me in tupperware, eating every 2-3 hours always... So if I'm huge all of the sudden, and anyone asks, I'm just gonna say "What do you think I've been eating like a monster for for the last X months? Consistency is the key. I'd be happy to give you some diet tips if you wanna let me take a look at yours."

My Buddy is about start some D-bol and he's worried that he's gonna be all bloated all of the sudden.... I told him to tell people he started taking creatine. Honestly, most people have no fuckin clue about supplements, weightlifting, etc. Size up the knowledge of whoever's asking you and bullshit them.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell them you are wearing your cock ring and that shit makes everything look bigger!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHa

If you are using a nutritional coach expect way bigger gains than if not wether you are on or not. What we eat and how we eat are what makes the biggest changes period.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never had anyone ask if I'm on roids cuz I'm just a small guy... but I have had guys ask me what sport I'm training for.

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been accused of it and admitted it to a group of guys(bad mistake) and they seemed cool because I was friends with them for a while, but now all of a sudden they're telling everyone in the gym I'm on. I deny it now, but oh well... I'm on pct so technically I'm not "ON" anymore.

Reaction score
I just say I take supps and pro hormones. That usually shuts up people who know nothing about anything fitness related.

Reaction score
Be honest , tell them you trained naturally for quite a while and cannot make any more gains . If everyone keeps it a secret it just stays underground and every one starts whispering like little girls . Get it out in the open !

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bicep andro.jpgThis is before TRT.
I don't think I've ever been asked. I think people guess by themselves and then don't dare say anything.
There's this guy in my gym and it's obvious he juicing. His biceps are enormous. I wouldn't say anything, though I assume he is.
Most people wouldn't tell you anyway.
What sucks is when the average person, who doesn't know how to put on muscle, automatically assumes that you're on them if you're muscular. Especially if you're my age. I put on most of my muscle before TRT. I did use over-the-counter Andro, which are supposedly precursors, which is questionable.
They don't realize how I train and how I eat. Most of them would not be willing to do it. That's one of the main reasons I have it and they don't.

Last edited:

Thezilla

Reaction score
First off I would say that we all can defiantly tell the difference between members and the non members in our gyms.
That brings us to our first scenario....you are killing a session one day and some average joe walks up to you. I mean by looking at this guy you can ****ing tell that he is not a member of the darkside. He proceeds to ask you about your workout and finally gets to the ultimate question. Dude you are so big..what are you taking? You directly look the guy in his eyes and tell him I've been working out of over a decade. I eat right sleep right **** right. This is a lifestyle and I'm dedicated to it hundred percent. Two things will come out of this
1 you guys will never talk again because he realizes what it takes to look like that and he obviously doesn't have to drive and motivation to live this lifestyle.
2 you possible have just gained clientele and you can possibly help this individual get on the right track all naturally or course and achieve a better lifestyle. All at charge of course. (Possible member of darkside years down the road after all natural grow potential.)
Senerio number 2.... again you are killing your session and after months possibly years you are approached by an individual you see around the gym all the time. Gym rats are going to recognize gym rats. Plain and simple. Also imo individuals like us living this life style would never go up to another BB and be like hey what are you taking the first time they see you.

If it does get to that couple things... just tell him cause it's obvious he's apart of the darkside.

could also say you are on trt and have healthy test levels of 1100 and are making tremendous gains. Technically that is not a steriod cycle but can easily look like one if your in check.
You could also just be one of those douches that says I'm all natural bro. I just eat so much like all the time.
Anyway those are the scenarios I could think of.
As I was browsing through I saw a op say their parents asked them cause the making gains. I will tell you one thing parents are not idiots.

Steroids have been around for centuries so if your parents ask you what you are taking I'm sure it's pretty obvious they know. I'm not saying tell them but they aren't idiots. It's perfectly normal to lie to them though. I remember one of my last years in college I went home for a holiday having gained like 35 lbs and was all like yea I've just been eating a lot and working out. Lmao..... parents looked at me like hmm ok. News flash they told me eight years later they knew but were just concerned about my health. Kinda just goes back to you can def tell members of the darkside vs not.
Imo if you are taking steroids you are probably a hard working individual that is dedicated to being better then average. It's part of the game we play so why be ashamed and scared to admit it. From athletes to tv/movie stars to regular individuals it is basically widely accepted across the globe.
I always think about Arnold's success. Can you tell me he that he would have been as successful of an individual without the use of AAS.
"You have to break some of the rules"

New Threads