What to say to guys in the gym asking if you're on roids?

Reaction score
So I am starting my cycle in about 2 weeks and I just had a thought.

If your the average gymrat, which most of us are :), you go to the gym frequently and see alot of the same people... Now when those people notice you blow up and gain 10lbs in 2-3 weeks and gain like 50+lbs on Bench or DB Presses... They will of course ask you what you're on?

So the question stands, what do you say to the people? I was thinking something along the lines of "I've got a nutritional coach giving me an outstanding diet blah blah"

Have any of you guys ran into this problem before? I guess if you're not too social you shouldnt have too much of a problem.. But I talk to alot of random guys in the gym and because of that I'm sure some of them will come up and ask? :(

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Changed my diet, and Im on this awesome new pre-workout shake...And carry around a BCAA drink, tell them thats why too. lol

Z

Zeek

Unless you are already friendly with these certain people, they won't dare ask. Some guys get really pissed off when accused of steroids.

The reason for that is that once someone labels you as steroid user, all of yourehard work, dieting everything goes out the window and " he is like that from steroids" if it were only that simple right guys!!

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell them the ultimate steroid is food - learn to eat right and grow.

Im not so big now - i did a major diet down last year, but we'll see what happens when i start blowing up in a month or so....

Reaction score
Yeah really Zeek... I get aggravated every time i hear someone talking about steroids... Way to many misinformed people on this topic out there... I guess I'll just be that guy to get offended if i do get asked... I just bought some BCAA's on sale for the hell of it... Guess that's what I'm doing Hockeyplaya haha

0tj0

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get asked more outside of the gym more than inside. Best thing to do I find is just kinda laugh it off. Just say something like "4 lbs of chicken a day and hard work." like ez said it sucks but once people here steroids they assume you pretty much did nothing but shoot up something to look that way. Damn media.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I say cell tech, i gain 7 pounds in 7 days guaranteed!!!! And i like to say i drink skim milk like a mofo >:)

Get Some

Reaction score
Gym Idiot - "Hey bro, you're lookin hyuuuuge! What are you on man?"

Me - "The only thing I've been on is a steady diet of your mom's pussy.... gives me the motivation I need to be a real man!"

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"I've switched to this new Vegan diet and kept protein intake high" too many cops & haters in my gym. Plus you never know who is who now days. The problem is media gives Steroids a bad image. And the population plays on it as well as doctors who HAVE NOT studied it. Just because your on a cycle or use them, doesn't mean that we can eat like shit! We still work hard, eat clean, and supplement right. It is not some type of "Miracle substance" ;)then again....No it isn't lol

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only semi close acquaintance's approach me at the gym and ask what supplements I am taking. Morons at work that I dont like say stuff like I am on steroids and I just laugh it off. These are the people that never step foot in a gym and dont know anything, so its easier to bullshit them. I tell them hard work, consistancy, diet and blah blah. The majority doesn't really know how much diet really has an affect on gains.

In the past week I have been asked twice what supps I have been taking. I have been off cycle for 3months and am not lifting as heavy and adding in cardio to loose some body fat. Down 10lbs, and have been asked more this week what I have been taking than the majority of when I was actually on.

Get Some

Reaction score
it's funny you mention that last part because when I start to drop BF and get more cut people start to tell me I look "bigger".... it's funny how that works out

Only semi close acquaintance's approach me at the gym and ask what supplements I am taking. Morons at work that I dont like say stuff like I am on steroids and I just laugh it off. These are the people that never step foot in a gym and dont know anything, so its easier to bullshit them. I tell them hard work, consistancy, diet and blah blah. The majority doesn't really know how much diet really has an affect on gains.

In the past week I have been asked twice what supps I have been taking. I have been off cycle for 3months and am not lifting as heavy and adding in cardio to loose some body fat. Down 10lbs, and have been asked more this week what I have been taking than the majority of when I was actually on.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"Fuck you I will eat your children, rape your wife, burn your house then force you to blow me!"

That one always works... oh "and this IS NOT roid rage!"

Dude I've been getting this since i was a kid basically... before any AAS or supplement usage. I tell people my secret is high amounts of creatine, protein, BCAA's & Glutamine all taken at certain times during the day that works for my body so it can grow more... and I have honestly seen some major gains from JUST these substances together over the last few years (check my AVI - that was without AAS... I'm still working on getting back to that spot or bigger but I can do that without so those DO work) you just gotta sell it bro. Obviously mention a clean diet as well.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
it's funny you mention that last part because when I start to drop BF and get more cut people start to tell me I look "bigger".... it's funny how that works out

I know, maybe I will look smaller when I gain and reach 220lbs on my next cycle, lol.

Reaction score
LOL, I love where this thread has gone. Man SI is awesome. I've got quite the variety i can steal from when somebody asks me next time... :->

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well, I know peeps notice the change in my body as I get nice compliments but never straight been asked if I'm on something...guess it's different for females, they just assume if we work hard we can look the part. Now if I was a chick BB, sure that woud be different...lol Not to mention I dont change drastically anyway because I train the same and diet the same whether I'm on or off.

Oh, and I think most are afraid to say anything...I'm not the overly friendly type in the gym;)

Trust

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well...when i get in the gym i put my ipod volume to the max level, and dont give a fuck about anyone, (exept hawt chix of course)...i hate to be disturbed and i bet it shows......i dont talk with anyone in the gym, so that will never happen to me..but outside the gym is another story...

I tell em its the diet, tell them a bit about it, then ask them what is their diet?? 99% of the times they are ashamed of what they eat and they just STFU and look to move to another topic....

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Id just pick their sorry ass upp and pinn them against a wall... Around my gym i keep to myself tho. Just blast my music and do my thing and they wont talk to me. When i see them talkinf shit and pointing my way from the other side of the gym. I just turn around, give them a li'l lat flex like a cobra and smile at them.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I laugh and say "bro.... Tofu is the next big thing... I am on Tofu and chili-sauce. It has put 20lbs of muscle on me. Now if you will excuse me I am not here to talk. I am here to outwork you so I can be bigger than you."

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A good punch to the throat will end the conversation.

New Threads