Best Omega 3 Supplement

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey men .. Happy Father's Day!

I am going on a bit of health kick .. while I acknowledge the the AAS & PED lifestyle has consequences and I am except that fact .. I have been thinking about a a few things that I will definitely be doing over the next few months that I can manage.

#1 - I will be reducing body fat to under 15% .. and 20% currently - was 13.2% in December of 2020.
#2 - I am going to reduce borderline high blood pressure to normal - currently 137/86 (which is on the high side of borderline) - goal 115/75 in 3 months.
#3 - I'm going to increase my HDL levels .. I have not been tested this years but is was in the mid 50's last time ... going to increase it 70's if possible

To achieve these 3 I will be adding in cardio 30 minutes 3 times per week - add 1 shot of Dr Gundry olive oil and a Omega 3 supplement. I am also doing 15 minutes of deep breathing meditation - and doing 3 sets of hand isometric exercises 5 times a week along with a daily supplement called BSP-5.

2 questions:

#1: Would any of you like to see a log of me using these natural options to reduce blood pressure (no prescription medication)?
#2: What Omega 3 fish oil supp do you recommend ... I love Google .. but I'd much rather hear from you guys personal recommendations from what you've taken.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I'm skeptical that fish oil will do much of anything to help you lose fat or get your BP under control. Fantastic at lowering your triglycerides though :)

To answer Q 2), I use Carlson's elite omega 3 when on an extreme cut with no Salmon meals. It had the best ratio of EPA-to-DHA ratio according to some research I did years ago.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm skeptical that fish oil will do much of anything to help you lose fat or get your BP under control. Fantastic at lowering your triglycerides though :)

To answer Q 2), I use Carlson's elite omega 3 when on an extreme cut with no Salmon meals. It had the best ratio of EPA-to-DHA ratio according to some research I did years ago.

Thank you your response ... I planning Omega 3 to assist with an increase of HDL along with olive oil and cardio ... lowering BP to be reduced naturally through meditation (deep breathing with a machine called Reserate) ... isometric hand exercises ... cardio .... a few dietary changes (including beet juice) ... fat loss ... and a supplement called BSP-5 ...

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Whtever ones tht
Are on sale!

sfw509

Reaction score
Hey. definitely post a log of your progress.

As for the fish oils. I use Life Extension Super Omega 3. I do two doses a day, am and pm.

I also do one else a day of Omegavia epa 500. It's the closest non prescription omega to the Vascepa I can find. My doctor tried to get my insurance to cover Vascepa, the prescription omega 3 epa dose. Shockingly, it was denied...

This combo seems to be helping with my lipid numbers. It's costs me about $40 a month. The Vascepa was $300. I tried to post links to them on amazon but it wouldn't let me post the whole link.

Good luck and keep us posted.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey. definitely post a log of your progress.

As for the fish oils. I use Life Extension Super Omega 3. I do two doses a day, am and pm.

I also do one else a day of Omegavia epa 500. It's the closest non prescription omega to the Vascepa I can find. My doctor tried to get my insurance to cover Vascepa, the prescription omega 3 epa dose. Shockingly, it was denied...

This combo seems to be helping with my lipid numbers. It's costs me about $40 a month. The Vascepa was $300. I tried to post links to them on amazon but it wouldn't let me post the whole link.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Bro ... great info ... !!!

Reaction score
I would love to follow along with logs of your process. I don’t know enough about different omega-3 supplements to give advice there.

sfw509

Reaction score
I problem bro.

I know it's tempting to buy the stuff on sale at Target or cheaper stuff on Amazon. And I am not knocking brands like Now or Nature's Best, I use their products.. Just in my experience with omegas I have noticed a difference in my numbers when I switched to a "higher quality" formula. My .02 cents. Maybe there is something to the process they use for manufacturing the stuff.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I pop a couple of Nature Made (720mg efa's) w/Vit D (2,000 iu's) every morning, but it truly is to supplement the oily fish I eat.

I eat wild caught salmon at least 2x per week, and usually sardines 1-2x per week, although I haven't been eating the sardines during this fat loss period.

I can't tell if any of it does anything, except for making your breath smell like va-jay-jay. Yup, got accused of cheating once after coming home from work with fish breath! :32 (18):

Last edited:

New Threads